+ Reply to Thread

significant victory

When Massa says stand you darn well better stand. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-anthem-policy

Re: significant victory

Yeah, especially when Massa is paying you millions to play a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan View Post
    Yeah, especially when Massa is paying you millions to play a game.
    That's what these players get for not reading the fine print in their contract that says you hereby relinquish your rights under the constitution. Why stop with players why don't we start arresting fans who don't stand and deport them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayden View Post
    That's what these players get for not reading the fine print in their contract that says you hereby relinquish your rights under the constitution. Why stop with players why don't we start arresting fans who don't stand and deport them too.
    The players are at work and need to do what is expected of them. The fans are the ones paying for those huge salaries.

The players are at work and need to do what is expected of them. The fans are the ones paying for those huge salaries.
    I've been an NFL fan for 60 years and I'm certainly not demanding that players give up their rights as Americans. If president Trump want's to honor the flag he and every member of his family has refused to defend going back to the Civil war. he could preserve the rights better men have given their lives for..

I've been an NFL fan for 60 years and I'm certainly not demanding that players give up their rights as Americans. If president Trump want's to honor the flag he and every member of his family has refused to defend going back to the Civil war. he could preserve the rights better men have given their lives for..
    There is no constitutional right to do whatever you want at work. If you insist on doing what your boss doesn't want you to do he has a right to fire you. I'm a football fan as well and I don't want the players expressing their political opinions at the game. I just want to see football, not politics.

There is no constitutional right to do whatever you want at work. If you insist on doing what your boss doesn't want you to do he has a right to fire you. I'm a football fan as well and I don't want the players expressing their political opinions at the game. I just want to see football, not politics.
    Personally I don't care what they do during the song but I sure wish they would stop doing their silly touchdown dances.

Personally I don't care what they do during the song but I sure wish they would stop doing their silly touchdown dances.
    The league and the owners care, and they care because a lot of fans don't like it. The last thing any business wants to do is piss off their customers.

The league and the owners care, and they care because a lot of fans don't like it. The last thing any business wants to do is piss off their customers.
    Right now the owners are pissing me off big time and I have other football fan friends who feel the same way.

Right now the owners are pissing me off big time and I have other football fan friends who feel the same way.

So you think any player with a political opinion should be able to demonstrate it during the anthem or anytime during the game? What if they all came out wearing MAGA hats? I'm sure you would change your tune pretty quick.

So you think any player with a political opinion should be able to demonstrate it during the anthem or anytime during the game? What if they all came out wearing MAGA hats? I'm sure you would change your tune pretty quick.
    Maybe they should all come out in drag wearing the rainbow flag ! THAT would help the NFL for sure !!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryder View Post
    Maybe they should all come out in drag wearing the rainbow flag ! THAT would help the NFL for sure !!

I don't know what awful song has to do with football anyway beyond the fact that it glorifies war and football is a little bit like war. Too bad the players can't do what I do press the mute button. Every year I play in a bunch of fantasy football leagues and this year one of my teams will be named The Anthem Kneelers. That ought to piss off the right wingers. They usually give their teams macho names like the Bone crushers so I Give my teams names like the ladybugs or pink piggy banks It eats them alive when my sissy teams beat their Trumpy bears.

I don't know what awful song has to do with football anyway beyond the fact that it glorifies war and football is a little bit like war. Too bad the players can't do what I do press the mute button. Every year I play in a bunch of fantasy football leagues and this year one of my teams will be named The Anthem Kneelers. That ought to piss off the right wingers. They usually give their teams macho names like the Bone crushers so I Give my teams names like the ladybugs or pink piggy banks It eats them alive when my sissy teams beat their Trumpy bears.
    It would certainly attract more lefties. They love to celebrate any kind of sexual deviance.