+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Racial Divide

Racial Divide

https://www.theroot.com/how-obama-ru...ons-1791550839

Barack Obama made race relations worse in America.

According to his detractors, during Obama’s presidency, racial animus between blacks and whites reached a fever pitch. He presided during the rise of Black Lives Matter. The riots in Ferguson, Mo., happened under his watch. The city of Baltimore burned during an uprising. Beyoncé turned black. Everything was falling apart.

From their perspective, if Obama gets credit for ending two wars, rescuing the country from the brink of economic collapse and rescuing the auto industry, then he should take the blame for the increasing racial tension that spread across the country during his tenure.

They see the constant marches, the side eyes they receive in Wal-Mart parking lots, the Colin Kaepernick protest, the anti-police sentiment and even the natural-hair movement as Obama’s fault, and they are upset about it. Before Obama sashayed his meddling ass into the Oval Office, white men were free to wave their Confederate flags, whisper racist jokes and touch whomever’s hair they damn well wanted.

Here’s the thing: They are probably right. Barack Obama did make race relations worse ...
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Re: Racial Divide

SHEESH joe its like MAGIC!! the MORE i say you WHINE about obama the MORE WHINING you DO!!

Name:  obama56.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  35.3 KB
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Name:  racist.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  85.9 KB
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

In my lifetime, no president was more divisive with racial clashes than o'bama.

Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

translation......you MEAN in YOUR MIND that negro caused more trouble by fighting racial injustice than you white people could put up with!? GOT IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    translation......you MEAN in YOUR MIND that negro caused more trouble by fighting racial injustice than you white people could put up with!? GOT IT!!
    Depends on what you feel is racial injustice. I thought Obama fueled the fire for racism instead of finding solutions to stop racism. Many African Americans have chips on their shoulders and anything said about them being the racist person in the incident is overlooked and denied. Many many times in an issue where blacks are saying a white is being racist, I only see one person being racist and that is the black person. Many of them are carrying a grudge which fuels the fire for never solving this problem we have with blacks vs whites. Their attitude is it's all the white person's fault for all of their ills and they do not want to take on personal responsibility in order to change for the better.

Obama had a tough road being the first African American President and whether he really felt the way he did when he took sides in racial conflicts we'll never know. When I learned some about his Religious beliefs I think he knew exactly what he was doing when encouraging racial divide.

When the country elected Barack Obama president in 2008, those of us who disagreed with many of his policy ideas were nonetheless consoled by the fact that his victory illustrated that America had moved well beyond institutional racism. Certainly the fact that Obama had succeeded in both a hard-fought Democratic primary and a general election meant that the country was ready to move past the intense focus on race in our national politics. Boy, were we wrong! Rather than seeing his own victory as a significant advance in American social life, Obama and those he appointed to his administration vigorously put forward the idea that America remains a deeply racist country, and they have redefined racism in the broadest terms possible. It’s not a coincidence, then, that more than seven years into the administration of the nation’s first black president, Americans are more deeply divided on race then they have been in decades. Their own president has fostered the divide.

https://www.city-journal.org/html/ob...ure-14638.html

I agree completely with a summation of Obama's presidency. He had a chance to mend the nation but he decided to split the nation. His work keeps on going.

Joecool, you are a very articulate and incisive person. You are not a racist. I had the same hopes that you did about Obama, even though I didn't vote for him either time. Trump is proving to be a more efficient and balanced president.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    Depends on what you feel is racial injustice. I thought Obama fueled the fire for racism instead of finding solutions to stop racism. Many African Americans have chips on their shoulders and anything said about them being the racist person in the incident is overlooked and denied. Many many times in an issue where blacks are saying a white is being racist, I only see one person being racist and that is the black person. Many of them are carrying a grudge which fuels the fire for never solving this problem we have with blacks vs whites. Their attitude is it's all the white person's fault for all of their ills and they do not want to take on personal responsibility in order to change for the better.

Obama had a tough road being the first African American President and whether he really felt the way he did when he took sides in racial conflicts we'll never know. When I learned some about his Religious beliefs I think he knew exactly what he was doing when encouraging racial divide.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Myrick View Post
    Joecool, you are a very articulate and incisive person. You are not a racist. I had the same hopes that you did about Obama, even though I didn't vote for him either time. Trump is proving to be a more efficient and balanced president.
    Thanks.

sheesh! joe has a friend chime in with FLATTERING remarks and obama criticism!! does he learn these kinda stunts from tRUMP!? see this!!

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-midterms.html
    Last edited by lexx; 06-08-2018 at 12:31 AM.

Lecks, you just can stand the FACT that your hero o'bama was a divisive president.

and YOUR hero tRUMP ran a CAMPAIGN of DIVISIVENESS!! and has raw divisive personal opinions he blurts all the time!!

Trump has been good for me and for my state so it's all "G".

how has he been good for your "state" !?