+ Reply to Thread

Thanks To O'bama

In 2011, Leroy Fick won it pretty big, claiming $2 million in Michigan’s “Make Me Rich” game – the same one that Clayton above had won more recently.

His story is even more bizarre. With the $850,000 he took home after taxes, the 59-year-old used his winnings to buy a new home and a used Audi convertible.

But to buy groceries, the lottery winner was still using his Bridge card. Remember, this is Michigan’s version of the food stamp program, which currently has over 47 million Americans enrolled across the nation.

Even worse? It was perfectly legal for the on-paper millionaire to ask taxpayers to buy his Kraft Dinner. “He’s not trying to cheat the state,” said Fick’s attorney, John Wilson. “Based on his income, he’s eligible.”

(Did I mention lately how much I hate lawyers. Yah, I hate lawyers.)

In fact, Fick contacted Michigan’s Department of Human Services after his lottery win to ask if he could still use his Bridge Card. “They said I could go ahead and keep the Bridge Card if I wanted to,” said Fick.

So, he did.

“He specifically called the Department of Human Services and said, ‘Can I still use the Bridge Card?’ and they said, ‘Yes,’ because he is eligible,” said attorney Wilson. “He’s done everything right in the eyes of the law.”

Not in the eyes of the public, however, nor of the state Attorney General, who fought for 11 months to change various federal and state laws to shut down his welfare loophole. All the while, he continued on social assistance – while living in his new home and driving his Audi convertible around the area.

What was the loophole? Well, thanks to Obama in 2011, and his changes to federal guidelines that base eligibility for food stamps solely on income, Michigan followed suit. Fick’s attorney said his client is unemployed and lives on Social Security disability benefits, so his income qualifies him for the Bridge Card.

The $850,000 lump sum lottery payment is considered an asset, not income. So, under state policy, Fick could legally get food stamps – even if he has hundreds of thousands of dollars in the bank.

Thank you, President Obama, and thank you Michigan, for yet again highlighting that Libtards and those who support them must be morally, ethically and sometimes even mentally challenged. Also, a great reminder that the welfare system in America has a lot of dead weight in it, as well as (to coin a Cher song), still far too many ‘Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves’.
    https://calling1out.com/2017/05/01/m...lects-welfare/
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Re: Thanks To O'bama

well if you want to blame someone blame RICK SNYDER the republican GOVERNOR!!
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    well if you want to blame someone blame RICK SNYDER the republican GOVERNOR!!
    This was federal policy.

Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

federal GUIDELINES!! states can modify!!
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

federal GUIDELINES!! states can. te
    Some can and some can't.

it seems that the 11 months of stamps didnt add up to much before the statutes were changed!! the fed and state tax on his winnings more than covered it!!the LOOPHOLES we should be WORRYING about are in the NEW tRUMP TAX CODE!!

Leroy reminds me of lexx.

Same state?

so your ALL PISSED cuz leroy OBEYED the RULES!? you really are a HYPOCRITE WACKO!! besides i bet leroy VOTED tRUMP!! WHY!? cuz tRUMP ALSO likes to RIP OFF GOV and anyone else he can!!

so your ALL PISSED cuz leroy OBEYED the RULES!? you really are a HYPOCRITE WACKO!! besides i bet leroy VOTED tRUMP!! WHY!? cuz tRUMP ALSO likes to RIP OFF GOV and anyone else he can!!
    Maybe lexx is Jeff?

all of a sudden the joe pulls a jeff!?

Name:  Trump.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  46.3 KB