+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Very Little Sympathy

I was watching a show about how the lottery changed people's lives. I came across the story of Leroy Fick. A guy living on food stamps and about $500 a month. He won a Michigan lottery and after taxes, he took home just under 1 million bucks.

He made one good decision, to rebuild his old house for $170,000.

Then his world caved in when he hired his unemployed 30 year old son to be his financial adviser. His son then rented a motel room to buy and store collectibles that he though would appreciate over time (football jerseys and swords, etc)

Long story short, in less than a year, the million bucks is gone and both Leroy and his son are facing jail time.

As I was watching the show I told my wife that these guys will be broke in no time flat.

It's sad but somehow I don't feel too sorry for them.

http://www.mlive.com/news/bay-city/i...nner_head.html
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Re: Very Little Sympathy

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    I was watching a show about how the lottery changed people's lives. I came across the story of Leroy Fick. A guy living on food stamps and about $500 a month. He won a Michigan lottery and after taxes, he took home just under 1 million bucks.

Then his world caved in when he hired his unemployed 30 year old son to be his financial adviser. His son then rented a motel room to buy and store collectibles that he though would appreciate over time (football jerseys and swords, etc)

Long story short, in less than a year, the million bucks is gone and both Leroy and his son are facing jail time.

As I was watching the show I told my wife that these guys will be broke in no time flat.

Seems most people who come into a lot of money waste it in no time. It's hard to believe but true. You need to get a professional to help you out and also invest.
    I talked, on this forum, about a young man who lived close to me who was causing havoc in our neighborhood selling drugs. Turns out some cops got him for armed robbery and mistreated him enough he won a $300 thousand dollar settlement. He did his two yr sentence and in six months got killed by police. Not sure yet what all happened but so sad. A horrible ending and I'm thinking without the money he would still be alive. You would think with the money he would have turned his life around but think he quickly went back to his old ways.

I had always heard poor people would blow money if you gave it to them, must be true.

In my post I forgot to say I do have sympathy, these folks just don't know any better.

Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    In my post I forgot to say I do have sympathy, these folks just don't know any better.
    I feel bad for them but if you saw the show and how they were flaunting their money, you might feel less sorry for them.

Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Cynthia Stafford won 112 million in 2008 and filed for bankruptcy in 2016. Of course buying a 2 million dollar car for her boyfriend wasn't a good idea to begin with.

Even the most successful lottery winners—by which we mean the ones that don’t end up broke, miserable, and/or dead—can lose it all in the end.

Take Cynthia P. Stafford, for instance. This California woman won $112 million in the California Mega Millions lottery in 2008. She was touted as the ideal lottery winner. She used her winnings to follow her dream of running a film production company.

Her business, Queen Nefertari Productions, provided her with meaningful work. But in the end, it couldn’t save her from bankruptcy.

Stafford’s preparations failed her in January 2016, after eight years of living large. She filed for bankruptcy after a string of what she called “bad investments” and terrible luck with the stock market.
    http://www.fashionbeans.com/content/...s-the-lottery/

I don't know why lottery winners don't just put several millions into a cash deposit (CD) or bonds where they cannot lose any money? I guess if you can't manage your money to begin with, then having large sums of money doesn't help.

Now I read the son Jeff is in trouble again for trying to process crystal meth. Sad.

Now I read the son Jeff is in trouble again for trying to process crystal meth. Sad.
    A lot of money just causes these kind of folks more misery, they don't know how to change their destructive ways.

There was a tv show series but I cannot recollect the name of it.

Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    A lot of money just causes these kind of folks more misery, they don't know how to change their destructive ways.
    Hiring an unemployed crackhead as your financial adviser was probably not a good idea.

I'm hoping for the same fate for McGregor and he's well on his way already.

Quote Originally Posted by chesty View Post
    After he pays $$$ for his little fit of violence and the lawsuits and attorneys, his pockets will be a bit lighter than now. Also, if he was paying that entourage that was with him, he'll wind up like Leroy eventually.

Chesty needs a morale booster. Hey, chesty, here is your best friend!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ngOfHell_m.jpg

After he pays $$$ for his little fit of violence and the lawsuits and attorneys, his pockets will be a bit lighter than now. Also, if he was paying that entourage that was with him, he'll wind up like Leroy eventually.
    Perhaps this will bump up the $$$$amount. What a piece of shit (McGregor)

Name:  Mcgregor putin.png
Views: 84
Size:  369.1 KB

Chesty needs a morale booster. Hey, chesty, here is your best friend!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ngOfHell_m.jpg

Perhaps this will bump up the $$$$amount. What a piece of shit (McGregor)

Name:  Mcgregor putin.png
Views: 84
Size:  369.1 KB
    I haven't followed McGregor's path since the incident in the US. Not sure what's he's doing now.

I haven't followed McGregor's path since the incident in the US. Not sure what's he's doing now.
    Well Joe. He's doin exactly what your OP detailed. Splashing cash all over the place and blowing his mouth off. Its a lot of cash but he'll get to the bottom of it the way he's going. He has plenty of "friends" now because he throws the money at them. I can't wait to see his arse hit the ground.