+ Reply to Thread

Anyone rehab/flip full time?

I live abroad, but eventually I would like to move back to the US and invest in real estate full time. I would be able to locate to any area. Thinking Ohio or Michigan or some place with low home prices would be more optimal due to lower capital requirements. How much money did you start with and do you feel that was a safe number to start out?

Re: Anyone rehab/flip full time?

Less money? No, you always need more money. House flipping requires access to large sums of cash, the ability to be a general contractor, and real estate market knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodClaw View Post
    Less money? No, you always need more money. House flipping requires access to large sums of cash, the ability to be a general contractor, and real estate market knowledge.
    reminds me of someone asking how much to move to vietnam and work. i tell them minimum 1500 (3 months living expenses) plus emergency flight home money to safely be able to make the move. but more is always better! lol

thats not very much, I may be there next week.

Eviator08 is right. I used to flip full time. I had enough cash to buy and fix up two houses at once. One house sized pile would be tied up buying/selling and the other pile in active rehab. Additionally I had six months of personal expense money in case a flip was delayed. About $340k total of self funding + borrowed capital. Might be able to make less work In some areas I guess.

Eviator08 is right. I used to flip full time. I had enough cash to buy and fix up two houses at once. One house sized pile would be tied up buying/selling and the other pile in active rehab. Additionally I had six months of personal expense money in case a flip was delayed. About $340k total of self funding + borrowed capital. Might be able to make less work In some areas I guess.
    What sort of skills do you need to do this? Did you do any training for the practical side of doing up homes?