+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    131

    Is white supremacy a religion?

    About to read “The Religion of White Supremacy” by Eric Weed. Looking for your well thought out support or critique of this question.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    68

    Re: Is white supremacy a religion?

    No, I would not consider white supremacy itself to be a religion. I would even question whether it is a doctrinal belief of any religion. But I would certainly accept that individual followers of a religion might look to support their racial supremacist beliefs with their religious beliefs. How better to claim racial supremacy other than through divine right?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    131

    Re: Is white supremacy a religion?

    Quote Originally Posted by BloodClaw View Post
    No, I would not consider white supremacy itself to be a religion. I would even question whether it is a doctrinal belief of any religion. But I would certainly accept that individual followers of a religion might look to support their racial supremacist beliefs with their religious beliefs. How better to claim racial supremacy other than through divine right?
    I think to start the question, we need to define what constitutes “religion”. The origins of the word simply mean “the order of things”. Many people watch football more often than they attend church. Does that mean that they have a religion of football? In some ways, I would say “yes”.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    68

    Re: Is white supremacy a religion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beatz View Post
    I think to start the question, we need to define what constitutes “religion”. The origins of the word simply mean “the order of things”. Many people watch football more often than they attend church. Does that mean that they have a religion of football? In some ways, I would say “yes”.
    In that case, yes. White supremacy, communism, new atheism...all these things can be considered religion if that is the definition being used.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    131

    Re: Is white supremacy a religion?

    It certainly is for some religions. Once upon a time Mormons refused to let any non-whites into their Temples to participate in the rites needed for salvation. That changed just after the Civil Rights movement and just before BYU was going to lose its tax exempt status for racial discrimination.

    Folkish heathenry also is specifically a religion for white people only. They'll tell you different things depending on who you talk to; some say that each "tribe" has its own religion and heathenry is the white tribe's religion, some say that belief in the Norse gods is literally bred into the genetic makeup of white people.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    37

    Re: Is white supremacy a religion?

    White supremacy is an Ideology, religions are ideologies as well but that doesn't make White supremacy a religion.


    Like a goldfish is an animal, and mammal are animals as well but that doesn't make goldfish a mammal.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    131

    Re: Is white supremacy a religion?

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    37

    Re: Is white supremacy a religion?

    deologies are like crippled religions, missing and arm and a leg but still hobbling along.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    2,871

    Re: Is white supremacy a religion?

    Quote Originally Posted by BloodClaw View Post
    In that case, yes. White supremacy, communism, new atheism...all these things can be considered religion if that is the definition being used.
    I'm not sure what "new atheism" is but the word A-theist simply means "not" a theist as the A is a prefix that negatives the noun, the noun being theist. Having said that, I have debated with a lot of self professed A-theists and, in a lot of cases it would seem that they haven't a clue what an A-theist is. Are these the "new A-theists" referred to?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,585

    Re: Is white supremacy a religion?

    DESTROY CHESTY THE SNAKE!

Similar Threads

  1. Bowing to Islamic Supremacy
    By pwrone in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-22-2012, 11:59 PM
  2. Rabbi to Publish Book on Jewish Supremacy
    By Yeah Well Fine Then in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-17-2010, 07:05 AM
  3. Your Own Religion :)
    By Yeah Well Fine Then in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 03-08-2010, 05:00 AM
  4. Bad Religion
    By Paddy in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-21-2007, 08:05 PM
  5. Religion
    By stefandozier in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 12-26-2006, 01:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •