+ Reply to Thread

Teachings of Christ.?

I'm looking for feedback on this. In America, Republicans and the political right wing are the majority of Christians. I cannot for the life of me wrap my mind around this when the message of the Bible is one of the most liberal agendas ever written. The social and political views of these people are in a direct conflict with their religious beliefs. How can these people not see the problem with this?!?!

With that being said, I realize that there are exceptions to the rule and this does not apply to 100 percent of everyone. But I believe this to be an accurate portrayal of the majority.

Re: Teachings of Christ.?

Quote Originally Posted by Beatz View Post
    I'm looking for feedback on this. In America, Republicans and the political right wing are the majority of Christians. I cannot for the life of me wrap my mind around this when the message of the Bible is one of the most liberal agendas ever written. The social and political views of these people are in a direct conflict with their religious beliefs. How can these people not see the problem with this?!?!

With that being said, I realize that there are exceptions to the rule and this does not apply to 100 percent of everyone. But I believe this to be an accurate portrayal of the majority.
    I am not a Christian, so I have no congenial reply to your posting. However, because I am the only one left on this forum to discuss a religious topic, I will reply. If you have read my religious postings on this forum, you will note I believe in the duality of God, but not in Jesus as God. I believe, based on dreams, Jesus was God. No use elaborating any more on what I believe, it is all there on my postings. I think my postings cover major theological topics about God, angels, Satan, and God's relationship with humans as a consequence of creating the universe. Just about everything I have posted about religious issues is controversial. Well, why I am therefore repeating what I know to be unacceptable. I have learned not to evangelize, I just like to discuss what I know. Incidentally, I am a scholarly, so I have completed research on the four gospels. It is interesting, prior gospels, the ones rejected by church leaders, made no mention of Jesus being the son of God, they call Jesus a wise or sage leader, not the son of God. I have not found Christians to be scholars, they just accept what is written without question. It is the same old story, every word of the Bible is absolutely true. I do not however believe humans are holy and have written the absolute truth. Well, there it is, a contrary view about Jesus.

Have a happy day!

The Bible is both very liberal and very conservative. Which is why I hate both parties, the idea of parties, and the labeling in general.

The Bible is morally conservative and socially liberal. Kinda.

Right now neither party represents Christ, and neither party has any actual power anyway. America is an oligarchy, run by a very small handful of people and some very deep pockets.

Political leanings =/= religious views

But that doesnít make sense- if you believe in god and you believe you know how god has taught that people should live, and politics are a reflection of your beliefs of the way society ought to be run...then should your politics not reflect your religion?

The New Testament is not a political science text, but if enough people convert then their example could certainly influence society. Nowhere in the New Testament do you find admonitions to change governments or lobby for policies. Rather, you find a radical call to return to the fundamentals; Jesus summarized the Law as "Love God with your whole heart and love thy neighbor as thyself."I think people on the left advocating for ever bigger government to deal with those suffering miss the message for people to take care of those they encountered out of real concern.Those on the right who glorify wealth and military might ought to learn humility.So I'd say you'll find few Christian principles driving anyone in gov. Mostly people in the government lust for wealth and power and some pay lip service to Christianity to garner votes from the gullible.

Iím not really trying to say left or right have policies that mirror jesus, just that if you DO believe in the teachings of Jesus, I donít see why that wouldnít influence your politics, since influencing government is the best way to spread your view about the way we ought to treat other people.

I don't see how all of this discussion about politics and the Bible is useful. One's religious believes do not necessary reflect political beliefs. I think political ideas should be on the political forum. There seems to be a lot of "out of context" discussion going on.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSmoke View Post
    Right now neither party represents Christ, and neither party has any actual power anyway. America is an oligarchy, run by a very small handful of people and some very deep pockets.
    I think that politics is motivated solely by money and religion is and has always been used to manipulate people and keep them quiet. In the absence of religion, morals and ethics exist because of people knowing that this is the only way society can prosper and being able to empathize with other people. Having said that, how can we say that religion has ever been the reason for morals and ethics. It has always operated on fear and has the perpetrator of horrendous deeds and genocides against humanity.

What this country needs is a thorough cleaning. Gettting ride of degenerate Irish gangsters like "chesty" would be a good start. Keep the mob out of here, don't let them across our borders!

More disruption from this vile psychotic bastard. Admin really should look at his disruptive behavior. He will not allow for any debate on this thread or threads.

Personal attacks only makes you look stupid. I thought you've reformed, now it appears you haven't learned a thing from sensitivity training. What a shame!

In response to the topic of civility, here is what chesty posts. Chesty thinks by threatening my family I will back down. He lies, lies, and then lies some more! He is really stupid, he knows nothing of me. Even if he did, he should not be allowed to make threats. The administration should take action to prevent chesty from posting such threats on the forum.

"Of course, you will only see the "personal attack" in that post you psychotic narcissistic bastard. That is a general observation from an outside perspective with a side shoot to kick you in the gums (no teeth). One news report claims that this is the 22nd school shooting in the US this year. And this happens in a country that has "god" and "jesus" propped on every corner of every street. And incidentally Nance cunt, what sensitivity training is that? Oh yes, that's another psychotic delusion from you cunt. Make it up in your crazy fcuked up head. I don't think your wife and family are aware of the behavior on this forum and the admin cant seem to see that you have driven off any chance of reasonable debate or perhaps they simply don't give a fcuk (and why would they). So, its high time I copied all of this psychotic delusional shit down and started posting, first to your family (I have full addresses) and then to the authorities in your area. I will include the threats of killing and mutilation you have made."

Whatever chesty posts must be verified, he is a fantastic liar.

Chesty is a hit man. He was hired to take down the forum. He lies, and lies in order to cause choas and conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Personal attacks only makes you look stupid. I thought you've reformed, now it appears you haven't learned a thing from sensitivity training. What a shame!

In response to the topic of civility, here is what chesty posts. Chesty thinks by threatening my family I will back down. He lies, lies, and then lies some more! He is really stupid, he knows nothing of me. Even if he did, he should not be allowed to make threats. The administration should take action to prevent chesty from posting such threats on the forum.

"Of course, you will only see the "personal attack" in that post you psychotic narcissistic bastard. That is a general observation from an outside perspective with a side shoot to kick you in the gums (no teeth). One news report claims that this is the 22nd school shooting in the US this year. And this happens in a country that has "god" and "jesus" propped on every corner of every street. And incidentally Nance cunt, what sensitivity training is that? Oh yes, that's another psychotic delusion from you cunt. Make it up in your crazy fcuked up head. I don't think your wife and family are aware of the behavior on this forum and the admin cant seem to see that you have driven off any chance of reasonable debate or perhaps they simply don't give a fcuk (and why would they). So, its high time I copied all of this psychotic delusional shit down and started posting, first to your family (I have full addresses) and then to the authorities in your area. I will include the threats of killing and mutilation you have made."

Whatever chesty posts must be verified, he is a fantastic liar.
    And the "verified" rule does not apply to you Nance? I don't have to verify shit to you or anyone on this forum (if there is any anybody's left) BUT I can verify your death threat and your threat of mutilation to the people who matter and you will not be able to deny it. Remember you idiot, my e mail receives a copy of your posts by notification as soon as you hit submit in anger and you cannot edit that. You are not too bright, are you?

DESTROY CHESTY THE SNAKE!