+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My Anti MLM Flyer Concept

Last edited by Beatz; 05-15-2018 at 01:17 AM.

Re: My Anti MLM Flyer Concept

i would like to suggest you that If you have to pay a large start up cost or membership fee, you’re a customer, not an employee.”

i would like to suggest you that If you have to pay a large start up cost or membership fee, you’re a customer, not an employee.”

Quote Originally Posted by BigSmoke View Post

I thought about this one as well, but they claim that any business has start up costs. They spin it as having a dramatically lower start up cost than any traditional business.

What they intentionally leave out, is the $450 monthly requirement to earn $13, and the additional $122+ on training materials.

I'll see if there is another way to turn this one back around on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatz View Post
    I thought about this one as well, but they claim that any business has start up costs. They spin it as having a dramatically lower start up cost than any traditional business.

What they intentionally leave out, is the $450 monthly requirement to earn $13, and the additional $122+ on training materials.

I'll see if there is another way to turn this one back around on them.
    This is true but technically the costs associated with a true start up are an investment in their own business, not some shady way of keeping “employees” (read: customers) off a W9.
    I’ll think on alternative wording too.
    It blows my mind how many of these huns think they own a legit business. At best, you’ve paid to get ripped off by a franchise.
    Edit: Maybe say if you have to place a minimum order each month or pay a membership due to stay active, you’re a customer, not an owne

This is true but technically the costs associated with a true start up are an investment in their own business, not some shady way of keeping “employees” (read: customers) off a W9.
    I’ll think on alternative wording too.
    It blows my mind how many of these huns think they own a legit business. At best, you’ve paid to get ripped off by a franchise.
    Edit: Maybe say if you have to place a minimum order each month or pay a membership due to stay active, you’re a customer, not an owne
    Exactly. Somehow people are overlooking the fact that the money required for a start up is an investment towards their brand.

They're ok with the negativity, they probably love it, because they're so delusional that they believe others are just jealous.

I appreciate the extra brain power for wording.

That's where I was.. even when I was in Amway, I had a hard time actually believing that I was a legit business owner. With the organization I was a part of, they just had me believing that was I was doing was helping others; not exploiting their situations.

I like that suggestion too!

Edit: They are calling it a "business license fee"

If you have to keep buying their product bundles/kits to sell instead of directly selling those under a profit cut, it's probably a scam."

That's the best I can do.

If you have to keep buying their product bundles/kits to sell instead of directly selling those under a profit cut, it's probably a scam."

That's the best I can do.
    All good, it's surprisingly hard to come up with statements that leave an impact with such limited space.

OP, I truly love this, but I'm a bit worried. I honestly would avoid the word scam as it might open the door for slander. I would suggest pulling a Penn and Teller and just call MLMs bullshit. Can't get in trouble for that.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodClaw View Post
    OP, I truly love this, but I'm a bit worried. I honestly would avoid the word scam as it might open the door for slander. I would suggest pulling a Penn and Teller and just call MLMs bullshit. Can't get in trouble for that.

I've been considering switching it to Pyramid selling.

At least this way it wouldn't be considered slander, and when you google Pyramid selling it returns results for Pyramid scheme.

I've been considering switching it to Pyramid selling.

At least this way it wouldn't be considered slander, and when you google Pyramid selling it returns results for Pyramid scheme.

Honestly, they get all lawyery about that too. Garbage? Bullshit? Bunk? I am in your corner OP 100%, whatever you decide

Quote Originally Posted by BloodClaw View Post
    Honestly, they get all lawyery about that too. Garbage? Bullshit? Bunk? I am in your corner OP 100%, whatever you decide

I appreciate the honesty and the extra point of view. My defense would be that direct selling (MLM in particular) is a literal pyramid/triangle shape. I understand your point of view, but even if it were to somehow go to a court, I could probably find a lawyer and research team to compile evidence to prove the point.

I appreciate the honesty and the extra point of view. My defense would be that direct selling (MLM in particular) is a literal pyramid/triangle shape. I understand your point of view, but even if it were to somehow go to a court, I could probably find a lawyer and research team to compile evidence to prove the point.

Get em, Bamboozled_Myself!

I wonder if I could put it in quotes and use the defense that I was simply quoting results from a google search. :D

I don't know, I'm not a lawyer. Maybe ask r/legaladvice. Still think you are working for the forces of righteousness, OP.

I certainly appreciate it. It was more or less just expressing my opinion. I wasn't looking for professional advice.