+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: syria scenario

Re: syria scenario

i think the underlying issues that preceded the 'wall grifitti' which may be mostly sunni shia conflict as the sunnis arn't in power even though they are a majority! and also the assad regime was too over reactive in the out right killing of protesters!?
    Last edited by lexx; 04-15-2018 at 05:34 PM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    i think the underlying issues that preceded the 'wall grifitti' which may be mostly sunni shia conflict as the sunnis arn't in power even though they are a majority! and also the assad regime was too over reactive in the out right killing of protesters!?
    Its hard if not impossible for you to envisage how life runs where I come from so is it fitting for you (or anyone) to superimpose your idea of how to run the show in a place like Syria where they've been butchering each other since prehistorical times. To my mind, the biggest problem in these areas in interference from the colonials trying to impose their own ideals on people they simply don't fit. Perhaps I am wrong but I got no dog in this fight. I will say this. The Syrians have poured into Europe and they do not fit in.

public television does a lot of travel shows that get into the street culture of the world and i get a feel for a place from that! i myself have only experienced western democracy in my travels. i heard something on such a show from an older person that goes like this. when love fails justice prevails when justice fails force prevails!
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    public television does a lot of travel shows that get into the street culture of the world and i get a feel for a place from that! i myself have only experienced western democracy in my travels. i heard something on such a show from an older person that goes like this. when love fails justice prevails when justice fails force prevails!
    So, what is justice in a savage world. That is a power struggle (middle east) that has been going on since they were fighting with rocks and slings. So, if the weak prevail and become the strong, will they show mercy to the new weak? Do you have a vision of utopia? Its not real. People will always kill people because its how we are and its how nature is. I understand how reality is and it ain't nice. When religion gets into it, reason has left through the back door.