+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FBI attacks

FBI attacks

they raided cohens places!! i'm surprised!? gotta make tRUMP NERVOUS!? he did LASH OUT with his usual RANT TOPICS!!

https://crooksandliars.com/2018/04/f...torney-michael
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Re: FBI attacks

Stormy is old news.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Stormy is old news.
    maybe MORE than stormy in this HUNT!!

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...nce-Violations
    Last edited by lexx; 04-09-2018 at 08:31 PM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Got a question of my own here!
    EDIT: This is regarding the Stormy Daniels' controversy, as documents re: Stormy Daniels were seized by the Feds according to CNN.
    So say no attorney/client privilege exists between Trump/Cohen. And let's say, for the sake of argument, Cohen made the payment without any references in any communications to Trump about the payment.
    If the FBI seized these documents, would this kind of unethical activity (if no one comes forward as David Dennison, the one Cohen "represents") of securing deals without his client's say-so pierce the attorney/client privilege veil sufficiently enough to admit other communications of potential misconduct into evidence? Even so far as it relates to FEC violations investigations?

It depends on in what capacity Cohen was acting in when he made the arrangement. If he was acting as Trumps lawyer, this would be a major ethical violation. If Cohen was acting as Trumps "friend" (or a private citizen), then the agreement would not appear to violate ethical standards.

"an ethical no-no"
    But not illegal? So like going through a yellow light when you should slow down?

"Unethical" to an attorney is not the same thing as the colloquial, Webster's Dictionary definition of "unethical". It's not illegal in the sense that you're breaking any laws, but it is punishable in the sense that the state bar could investigate you and punish you accordingly. They could suspend your license to practice law, or disbar you completely, never to allow you to practice again.

Hmmm, but this sounds just as severe. Without a license he can't work....
    Sounds like it's him on the line, and possibly going over the line... perhaps?

We'll see. We're not going to know the contents of what the Feds seized. As of now, there's nothing anyone is privvy to that would warrant Cohen's disbarment. There's not even enough to tell whether or not attorney-client privilege is 'pierceable' here. Just because communications were seized doesn't necessarily diminish or negate privilege.

Wow, more questions, I hope you don't mind. I'm confused and fascinated at the same time.
    This event is a 'big deal' but then there could be no impact on Cohen or his communications with clients, so..... Does this mean that there's something going on but we don't know what it is (even though there was a raid), or with whom (yet)?

Given how close to the chest Mueller has kept his investigation, absolutely this is a possibility.

Is it possible that they went and got his stuff - due to someone else actions vs his own? For example, the FBI needs to see an email from PersonX who lives overseas, so it's easier for them to get it from Cohen's office than to go overseas?

I guess it's technically possible, but there'd have to be strong ties to Cohen, and IMO, Cohen would have to have done something to facilitate something illegal to get this information through attorney work product or privileged communication.

Randomly, is it possible that the FBI may not find what it's looking for in the warrant? Or that it doesn't exist?

With how little we know now, this is entirely possible as well.

wow... so this is a big deal.... but could turn out to be a nothing as well. But the fact that they did this means that they strongly feel that Cohen had something that they needed and couldn't get any other way....Wonder what it's all about.Thank you for sharing your knowledge, kind law clerk/student!