+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: anyone else disgusted to hear this news??

Quote Originally Posted by umdkook
    you wonder why our President wont meet with the mothers of all the lost soldiers?? if you say that again out loud you would realize how stupid that is. what would be accomplished by meeting with mothers whose sons enlisted in teh war and died???/

my problem with this, and Cindy sheehan in general, is that what does she think shes doing??

respect that her son died?? of course i do, i respect the fact that her son died and she has every right to say WHATEVER she wants about it, but guess what?? her son ENLISTED in the army, he didnt get forced by some recruiter, or some other force associated with Bush or the governemnt, he volunteered.

while it is true I dont believe in the so called "principles" of this war, i also dont beleive that someone whose son died in it should either financially benefit from it, receive public attention from it, or "demand" a private meeting with the President, like she has done. who does she think she is?
    i understand her son served our country and died in the process and that is terrible, but cmon onw.

you can say im an ******* and she is just a poor grieving mother, but you are just not looking into what is truely going on here with her. she sucks.
    No the point you miss, or choose not to recognize is that, the sacred trust between the President (/Administration) and the Citizens of this country has been breached.

We the people trust that when a President calls the Citizens to fight and perhaps die, that the reason is honest, just and noble. If not, it is no better than a dictator or king sending his troops to battle for personal reasons.

We now know the reasons for invading Iraq were something other than what was explained to the American people. The Administration, however, wants us to just go along with it because the ends justifies the means so, stop asking questions....easier to ask forgiveness than to ask for permission.

umdkook Guest

hey hey now, I am by no means saying i dont feel the same way, at all actualy i am in almost total agreement.
    however I just dont see why she was getting all this attention, demanding to meet the President, like thats really a viable option, demonstrating in front of the White house illegally, and now writing a book. well the book maybe I understand becuase if you can make money, why the hell not. I just dont understand all the media attention and it just seems arrogant to me to say "the President wont meet with me, shame on him".

I am by no means a war supporter or ahwk or whatever word you wanna use, and I do think soldiers should only die in battle if they are fighting an honorable cuase, but you really dont have that choice when you enlist.

Quote Originally Posted by umdkook
    hey hey now, I am by no means saying i dont feel the same way, at all actualy i am in almost total agreement.
    however I just dont see why she was getting all this attention, demanding to meet the President, like thats really a viable option, demonstrating in front of the White house illegally, and now writing a book. well the book maybe I understand becuase if you can make money, why the hell not. I just dont understand all the media attention and it just seems arrogant to me to say "the President wont meet with me, shame on him".

I am by no means a war supporter or ahwk or whatever word you wanna use, and I do think soldiers should only die in battle if they are fighting an honorable cuase, but you really dont have that choice when you enlist.
    Motivated by her son's death, which now seems a terrible waste because of the lack valid reasons for the US invading Iraq, she now feels obligated to prevent other mothers from having to go through what she has gone through. She sees the folly that is the Iraq war.

While they may not have a choice, they trust that they are being sent to battle for the right reasons..and not for some trumped up personal reason. In this case, that does not seem to be the truth.

If Bush had just come out and said, "I think Saddam needs to go", I doubt that the Congress and the US would have agreed to send troops. So, other reasons were used to rally people to the cause. Reasons we now know were not valid.

This being a nation that has long and deep roots in Civil Dissent, and as a right guaranteed in the Constitution, she is protesting the war. One person can make a difference and rather than sitting and watching helplessly, she is participating in the debate in a way provided by the Constitution.
    Last edited by Synik; 11-22-2005 at 08:50 PM.

umdkook Guest

yea thats all good and well, but i dont need to read in teh newspaper that "Cindy Sheehan demands meeting with President, but gets denied".

Then don't. But, don't confuse her Constutional Right to protest with an act of unpatriotic behavior. That seems to be the tacted employed now by the Right...anyone who dissents or disagrees with Bush and Co. is unpatriotic or embolding the enemy. That's a dishonest and disigenious arguement to make.

I may be out of line here, but I have a suggestion. The next time Prime Minister Paul Martin (Canada, eh) has a meeting with President Bush, Martin should give his time up to Ms. Sheehan. Canadians would be greatful because he is such an embarassment. Pass this on to the secretary in charge of such things. They can call me to confirm.

umdkook Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Synik
    Then don't. But, don't confuse her Constutional Right to protest with an act of unpatriotic behavior. That seems to be the tacted employed now by the Right...anyone who dissents or disagrees with Bush and Co. is unpatriotic or embolding the enemy. That's a dishonest and disigenious arguement to make.
    no disagreement with you there, at least teh last part.
    screw trying to be nice, i think she sucks and thats that.

Quote Originally Posted by linda49
    I may be out of line here, but I have a suggestion. The next time Prime Minister Paul Martin (Canada, eh) has a meeting with President Bush, Martin should give his time up to Ms. Sheehan. Canadians would be greatful because he is such an embarassment. Pass this on to the secretary in charge of such things. They can call me to confirm.
    And what would Martin accomplish in all this if you could elaborate?

Ummm....nothing...he wouldn't be there. was a joke . (his time with the president to The lady)
    Last edited by linda49; 11-23-2005 at 08:34 AM.

That would totally blow it for Martin if he ever did that. He's another one on the way out

I'm hoping he's out. I'm not a very politically active person but the current group of cronies have been caught syphoning vast amounts of money. It seems we can't get rid of them, even so. Election in the offing and Martin has started thowing money at all sorts of groups. I hate politics.

I have been learning more since being on this website. Just reading everyones point of view and just observing the actions of the ones in power.

Doesn't matter if it is Martin or Harper who gets into power. They'll lodge themselves so far up Bush's a$$ that it would take 10 pounds of Ex-Lax and a tow truck to pull them out. I heard of kissing a$$ but that's a little much... Not that Bush's A$$ would be a good place to be, unless you're a WMD...

You lost me Rawb. I don't understand the reference to Bush's butt. Explain.

Example, looking at the free trade screw up happening right now. Lumber industry, Bush government still hasn't paid the money owed due to the NAFTA court ruling for lumber industry tariffs. I think it's around $5 billion.

Unless Martin grows a spine, Bush will never return it, just like Bush won't admit he was wrong about the Iraq war. So since Martin has no spine, he has to kiss a$$ to get anything. It's not like Canada has any other option. The military isn't an option. Hence, they gotta kiss so much butt they are UP there. Like I said, they won't be coming out anytime soon.

Well, the other point being missed is that Bush is only concerned with speaking to his circle of about 5 people. He is very insulated, perhaps too much so.