+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 47

  1. #1
    umdkook Guest

    anyone else disgusted to hear this news??

    Cindy Sheehan (good ole ****illa the first) writes a book!!

    can you believe this woman??? personally i was happy when i heard she got arrested in DC, and I just wish Bush had used some of his agregious War on Terror tactics to hold her forever in jail. o well.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Aspartame Island
    Posts
    920

    Re: anyone else disgusted to hear this news??

    You're confusing me a bit here... you are against this woman protesting the war but in the other thread...??? :confused:

    "Quote: "no we dont want the world to think the US "threw in the towel", just keep sending the troops home in body bags instead of "throwing in the towel".

  3. #3
    docb Guest

    Re: anyone else disgusted to hear this news??

    This womans son died in Iraq ... shut up!!

    The flappin "Righties" are a bunch of lunatics

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,866

    Re: anyone else disgusted to hear this news??

    Cindy Sheehan did what she felt she needed to do to get the attention of the American people focused on the "human casualties" of war and to start questioning this administration on the REAL reason "Why" we are sending our children to Iraq to die in this war. Some of the things were a rather over the top, but then she also competed with things like Katrina, FEMA incompentency, DeLay being indicted, Libby being indicted, hmmmmmm, let's see, what else is falling apart in Washington?

    Lady Mod

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,553

    Re: anyone else disgusted to hear this news??

    The woman has to vent some way... and if she can get some grocery money in the process... sure, why not.

    An initial printing of 20,000 isn't really that much... let's see...
    $12.00 x 20,000 = $240,000 By the time the publisher takes his slice of the pie (marketing and production costs + profit) Ms. Sheehan won't be getting rich anytime soon.

    cheers,
    Paul

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    586

    Re: anyone else disgusted to hear this news??

    Hi Umdkook,

    Why are you disgusted? Is it because she is writing book, or is it becuase she "might" make some money from the sales. Paul, could be right, if people are tired of her story, Mrs Sheehan will not be getting rich anytime soon.

    However Paul, if the American people would rather read her book than, protest, obstruct, and in every way, on every level, participate in their democracy, Mrs, Sheehan could be a millionaire very soon. It is easier for millions for people to watch Dr. Phil, Oprah, and read self-help books to learn how to live, think and feel, rather then going about the hard task of living. Time will tell.

    DeeDee1965

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,553

    Re: anyone else disgusted to hear this news??

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee1965
    Hi Umdkook,

    Why are you disgusted? Is it because she is writing book, or is it becuase she "might" make some money from the sales. Paul, could be right, if people are tired of her story, Mrs Sheehan will not be getting rich anytime soon.

    However Paul, if the American people would rather read her book than, protest, obstruct, and in every way, on every level, participate in their democracy, Mrs, Sheehan could be a millionaire very soon. It is easier for millions for people to watch Dr. Phil, Oprah, and read self-help books to learn how to live, think and feel, rather then going about the hard task of living. Time will tell.

    DeeDee1965
    Very true...

    cheers,
    Paul

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    645

    Re: anyone else disgusted to hear this news??

    Her son gave his life. Please respect that.

    Nothing but mission creep now. No reason to be there now. Saddam is gone, WMD is not an issue anymore and they had two elections and a constitution. As for El Quaeda, they followed our guys in.

    We be done.

    They are going to have a civil war anyway, so let them have it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    96

    Re: anyone else disgusted to hear this news??

    This woman gave a son to this war. In my opinion she has the right to do anything she wants that helps her or all the other moms who have lost a child to this war return their lives and emotions to some kind of normalcy that unfortunately will never happen. I also wonder why Mr. Bush would not meet with all the mothers and fathers that lost children in this war all at once to thank them for bearing such brave and patriotic children. That would have been the manly thing to do, in my opinion.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Aspartame Island
    Posts
    920

    Re: anyone else disgusted to hear this news??

    Probably because he knows the truth behind it all and has a guilty conscious. If I were him I'd stick my head in the sand too.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    270

    Re: anyone else disgusted to hear this news??

    "I miss him more every day. It seems the void in my life grows as time goes on, and I realize I am never going to see him again or hear his voice," Sheehan wrote. "I knew he was going to be a great man. I just had no idea how great he was going to be or how much it was going to hurt me."


    These words are Cindys'. Why is it disgusting that she wants to write about her son and her experiances in Texas? How many of the rightwing politicians have sons or daughters fighting in Iraq? A few, I think maybe two. How many of them served? A few but the majority found "better things to do" or found some lame excuse as to why they didn't go to Vietnam. Rush Limbaugh(another chickenhawk) wants people to "adopt" a soldier by paying $50 to sign up for his newsletter then have it "donated" to a soldier. If he's such a stauch supporter of the troops why doesn't he donate his newsletter to a bunch of them? The man makes over 20 million dollars a year and he has to charge people to give a newsletter to a soldier! Besides, he's already on AFN so I'm sure they can hear all of his rants as much as they want. Oh, and for all of those who so hate the ACLU, don't forget that they represented Limbaugh when he was trying to keep his medical records from being investitgated.
    I find it interesting that there are those who condemn Kerry for using foul language yet ignored Cheney(five deferments) telling a senator to f**k off. I was really impressed with that bit of immaturity from our vice-prez. If you are going to hold people up to a certain standard then you have to hold yourself up to those same standards. Making excuses and turning a blind eye to their egregious behavior is not right. Like Jesus said, "Seek to remove the beam from your own eye before trying to remove the splinter from your brother's." I think the majority of the American public is getting tired of this "I-can-do-anything-I-want-but-you-can't" attitude from those on the far right. They can write books that do little more than namecall and insult their fellow Americans but Cindy can't write about her experiances without being called a scumbag? What is it about them that is so special? I believe that Cindy said she was going to donate the proceeds of the book to the Mother's for Peace group. I guess that would really make her a sleazebag because of that. Boy, those peaceniks. Let's crucify them and give them a taste of what Jesus went through. He really learned his lesson with that one didn't he?
    Last edited by EderLore; 11-21-2005 at 03:08 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,866

    Re: anyone else disgusted to hear this news??

    There are many good groups who send pieces of home to our service people that are worthy of mention here:

    Ship Support: http://www.coingo.net/theshipsproject

    Any Soldier: http://www.anysoldier.com/index.cfm

    Any Marine: http://anymarine.com/

    Any Airman: http://anyairman.com/

    Any Sailor: http://anysailor.com/

    Any Coast Guardsman: http://anycoastguardsman.com/

    Pick a service. Remember our boys and girls who won't be home for Christmas AND who may not have family who are able to send them anything.

    Care packages you can purchase and have sent in your name:
    http://www.treatanysoldier.com/ Right now these are the fastest and easiest way to say, "We Support You" to our troops.



    These are great ways to show your love and a big hug and thanks from home.

    Lady Mod
    Last edited by sojustask; 11-21-2005 at 04:13 AM.

  13. #13
    coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,392

    Re: anyone else disgusted to hear this news??

    I think, if I remember correctly, Ms. Sheehan's son was 19 years of age.
    Lets see: go through the discomfort and care of pregnancy; pain and
    stress of childbirth; love for the child that is born into this word and
    hope and dreams for all the best; make sure he got good postnatal
    checkups, all the needed shot, other medication; all the right food,
    well equipped and safe nursery; care to have him in a car seat while
    driving, to protect him from danger in collisions; send to schools, buying
    all the necessary supplies and paying all the fees, making all the lunches
    and making sure he is being fed nutritiously; worried about his safety
    to and from school; proud of his coming into young manhood, graduating
    from high school, Sr, Prom, happy for him and his date.
    About that time he went into the military service, was trained and
    sent to Iraq where they killed him.
    Is anyone suprised that this mother, one of many, is so hurt and grieved.
    How about trying to have come understanding and compassion.
    Has anyone ever thought of thanking her and other Moms and families
    for their personal sacrifices?
    CNN, Friday Nov. 18, 2005. Casualty count: 2,280 of our troops.
    Statistic: 54 persent of all of our military killed so far have been of
    age 24 or less. Some initiation into young manhood eh? Some promise
    of life and a chance at "the great american dream", eh?
    Again: present President served a miserable performance of service in the
    ANG. Vice President: multiple deferrments granted to avoid military
    service. The 408 that just voted to "stay the course in Iraq"; what
    is their individual service record performance? We know that some like
    McCain, Kerry, Mathias and Dole are veterans. Probably a few others.
    But, I will chance to say that a large percentage of the rest saw
    no or priviliged indivdual service duty and educational deferrments.
    These are the individuals that say: "stay the course", which means
    to continue to allow our youth to become cannon fodder. And have the
    cold heated arrogance to think it is of no consequence that someone
    like Ms. Sheehan life is a living hell now, because she loved her son
    dearly and wanted a good, long life for him, marriage, and hopefully
    grandchildren to love and care for one day. All this has been taken
    away.
    Why are some people so cold hearted and inconsiderate. The least you
    can do is not say anything against her, but try to u8nderstand, feel
    her pain, which will be with her for the rest of her life.
    Multiply her experience by at least 2,280 plus other family members.
    And the beat goes on... One Tin Soldier Rides Away.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    1,104

    Re: anyone else disgusted to hear this news??

    coontie - Your insight should give us all pause to think. Walk a mile in her shoes.......

  15. #15
    umdkook Guest

    Re: anyone else disgusted to hear this news??

    Quote Originally Posted by tommy4887
    This woman gave a son to this war. In my opinion she has the right to do anything she wants that helps her or all the other moms who have lost a child to this war return their lives and emotions to some kind of normalcy that unfortunately will never happen. I also wonder why Mr. Bush would not meet with all the mothers and fathers that lost children in this war all at once to thank them for bearing such brave and patriotic children. That would have been the manly thing to do, in my opinion.
    you wonder why our President wont meet with the mothers of all the lost soldiers?? if you say that again out loud you would realize how stupid that is. what would be accomplished by meeting with mothers whose sons enlisted in teh war and died???/

    my problem with this, and Cindy sheehan in general, is that what does she think shes doing??

    respect that her son died?? of course i do, i respect the fact that her son died and she has every right to say WHATEVER she wants about it, but guess what?? her son ENLISTED in the army, he didnt get forced by some recruiter, or some other force associated with Bush or the governemnt, he volunteered.

    while it is true I dont believe in the so called "principles" of this war, i also dont beleive that someone whose son died in it should either financially benefit from it, receive public attention from it, or "demand" a private meeting with the President, like she has done. who does she think she is?
    i understand her son served our country and died in the process and that is terrible, but cmon onw.

    you can say im an ******* and she is just a poor grieving mother, but you are just not looking into what is truely going on here with her. she sucks.

  16. #16
    umdkook Guest

    Re: anyone else disgusted to hear this news??

    Quote Originally Posted by coontie
    I think, if I remember correctly, Ms. Sheehan's son was 19 years of age.
    Lets see: go through the discomfort and care of pregnancy; pain and
    stress of childbirth; love for the child that is born into this word and
    hope and dreams for all the best; make sure he got good postnatal
    checkups, all the needed shot, other medication; all the right food,
    well equipped and safe nursery; care to have him in a car seat while
    driving, to protect him from danger in collisions; send to schools, buying
    all the necessary supplies and paying all the fees, making all the lunches
    and making sure he is being fed nutritiously; worried about his safety
    to and from school; proud of his coming into young manhood, graduating
    from high school, Sr, Prom, happy for him and his date.
    About that time he went into the military service, was trained and
    sent to Iraq where they killed him.
    Is anyone suprised that this mother, one of many, is so hurt and grieved.
    How about trying to have come understanding and compassion.
    Has anyone ever thought of thanking her and other Moms and families
    for their personal sacrifices?
    CNN, Friday Nov. 18, 2005. Casualty count: 2,280 of our troops.
    Statistic: 54 persent of all of our military killed so far have been of
    age 24 or less. Some initiation into young manhood eh? Some promise
    of life and a chance at "the great american dream", eh?
    Again: present President served a miserable performance of service in the
    ANG. Vice President: multiple deferrments granted to avoid military
    service. The 408 that just voted to "stay the course in Iraq"; what
    is their individual service record performance? We know that some like
    McCain, Kerry, Mathias and Dole are veterans. Probably a few others.
    But, I will chance to say that a large percentage of the rest saw
    no or priviliged indivdual service duty and educational deferrments.
    These are the individuals that say: "stay the course", which means
    to continue to allow our youth to become cannon fodder. And have the
    cold heated arrogance to think it is of no consequence that someone
    like Ms. Sheehan life is a living hell now, because she loved her son
    dearly and wanted a good, long life for him, marriage, and hopefully
    grandchildren to love and care for one day. All this has been taken
    away.
    Why are some people so cold hearted and inconsiderate. The least you
    can do is not say anything against her, but try to u8nderstand, feel
    her pain, which will be with her for the rest of her life.
    Multiply her experience by at least 2,280 plus other family members.
    And the beat goes on... One Tin Soldier Rides Away.
    i completely disagree with you its so unreal.

    what do you think happens when you join the army??

    he enlisted, he died. yes its sad, maybe even not right, but that doesnt make what she is doing right.

    feel her pain?? why??? becuase he died??? you mean its sad when people die in war?? you mean its sad when people die in a totally unjust war? you mean its sad when people die due to "lies" or "false" information???

    do us a favor, dont enlist then if you dont like where the military is going.

    I hate the Iraqi war, but thats simply not how it works. we all want our country and our leaders to send our troops into places for just reasons and for moral victories, bu this is insane.

    I feel for dead soldiers families, but not more than anyone else who dies any other day.

Similar Threads

  1. Is Fox News a serious news network or propaganda ?
    By caparica007 in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-24-2015, 03:52 PM
  2. Ok, let's hear it.
    By FabulousFraggle in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 08:56 AM
  3. ABC News NOT a legitimate news outlet anymore
    By Doc Bunkum in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-30-2008, 08:00 PM
  4. I do not like to hear good news
    By Grim17 in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 08-23-2007, 10:04 AM
  5. Outraged, not to mention disgusted
    By GeneralTsoGood in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 07:02 AM

Tags for this Thread

Add / Edit Tags
$400, 000, 408, ???, accepted, access, accomplished, act, acted, action, actions, active, administration, admit, age, agreed, agreement, allowed, allowing, america, american, another, answer, apart, are, aren, army, arrested, art, article, assembly, association, ation, attention, attitude, avoid, awarded, aware, away, back, bad, bags, balls, based, bat, beat, best, bet, better, billion, bit, body, book, books, boost, boy, bro, brother, brow, brown, bunch, bush, bush family, businesses, called, calls, campaign, care, case, caught, ceo, cer, chance, che, cheney, chickenhawk, child, children, choose, chris, christmas, cindy, circle, citizens, civil, college, com, coming, communications, completely, con, concerned, confirmed, continue, coo, costs, country, creep, cronies, cruel, current, dam, damn, date, day, dea, dead, dealing, death, deep, defeated, demand, demanding, demons, denied, des, destruction, did, didn, difference, different, ding, disgusting, display, division, documented, doesn, don, dona, dont, dreams, due, eed, elaborate, electio, embarassment, ends, enemy, entire, error, essence, event, everyones, exercise, experience, explained, eye, eyes, face, factor, failed, false, fathers, favor, fed, feel, feels, felt, fema, financially, five, forever, forget, forgiveness, friday, front, funds, games, gave, general, george, getting, girls, giving, gonna, good, gotta, gra, great, grieving, ground, group, groups, guaranteed, guess, guys, had, happen, happening, happy, hard, hasn, hats, head, hear, heard, hell, help, helps, hey, hiding, high, him, his, hold, hole, honorable, hose, house, huma, human, hurt, husband, ial, ignored, ill, illegally, ime, index, indicted, individual, individuals, industrial, industry, information, insulated, insult, intelligence, involving, ion, iraq, isn, issue, its, jail, join, joke, judge, just, justifies, katrina, kerry, killed, kind, kiss, knew, lady, large, last, leaders, less, lesson, liberals, light, limbaugh, line, lis, listed, lives, living, long, longer, los, losing, loss, lost, lunatic, lunatics, mad, main, make, makes, making, man., many, mar, marine, marriage, marti, martin, mass, mathias, matter, mea, medical, meet, meeting, members, mention, mile, million, millions, minister, miserable, mom, moral, more, mother, multiple, nafta, nam, nation, need, needed, net, never, news, newspaper, nice, noble, nov, now, nursery, offs, ones, only, opinion, orders, organization, our, owes, part, pass, passed, paul, pause, paying, peace, peaceful, people, performance, permission, person, personal, personally, phil, place, playing, point, politically, poor, pos, possible, post, pounds, power, presiden, president, pretty, prevent, prez, prime, principles, printing, private, pro, problem, process, production, profit, profits, protect, prove, proven, public, pull, push, question, questions, quote, rally, ran, rea, read, real, real reason, reason, reasons, receive, recruiter, remember, respect, response, responsible, ress, rest, return, rich, rid, righties, rio, rose, run, rush, rush limbaugh, sacred, sad, safe, sales, satisfied, screw, scumbag, secretary, sen, sending, sense, served, service, ship, sho, shot, shows, shut, shut up, sign, simple, simply, soldiers, son, sons, soo, speak, speaking, special, spend, spent, spider, spotlight, standard, star, start, started, states, stay, stop, story, street, stupid, such, sucks, sul, supporter, sure, tactics, take, taken, takes, taking, tariffs, tas, taste, ted, terrible, terror, texas, than, the far right, themselves, they, thinks, thought, thread, threw, tie, ties, time, tired, told, top, total, totally, trac, trade, tries, troops, truck, trumped, turning, uni, united, united states, unreal, ups, url, vans, ven, verifiable, veterans, vice, view, voted, walking, wanted, war, waste, watching, ways, when, will, woma, woman, wome, won, wont, working, works, worthy, write, writes, writing, wrong, yahoo, year, years, you, young, your, youth

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •