+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the gun debate

the gun debate

lots of ideas which 1s are the best and most practical.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Re: the gun debate

The reality is we have mass shootings in our schools. We need better security for all schools. It's time to realize thinking, it won't happen here, is foolish. We have armed guards in banks and other places where violence is a threat so it's time to take care of our schools. Better security for entering the schools and armed security at every school. It's a shame
    we have to do this but it's time to take action.

i saw a greeter at my bank dont recall any weapons. place is full of cameras though!
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

what about BANS!? we used to have an A R ban!? trump says BUMSTOCKS should be banned!? and GOOD teachers concealed carry!? i dont think tRUMP wants to PAY for anything FANCY!! and background checks might help!? eliminate the loopholes!! i heard bumstock PRICES are SKYROCKETING!! anybody in GOV PROFITING on it!?

Bans and laws are ineffective because the "bad guys" don't honor the bans and laws.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Bans and laws are ineffective because the "bad guys" don't honor the bans and laws.
    how about raise age to 21!? make some people happy!? i wonder if the shooter had automatic fire!? what are the POLITICAL implications no matter what congress does!?

Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    Posted at 02-22-2018, 03:31 PM
    The reality is we have mass shootings in our schools. We need better security for all schools. It's time to realize thinking, it won't happen here, is foolish. We have armed guards in banks and other places where violence is a threat so it's time to take care of our schools. Better security for entering the schools and armed security at every school. It's a shame
    we have to do this but it's time to take action.
    cnn.com/2018/02/22/us/florida-school-shooting/index.html;
    Parkland, Florida (CNN)[Breaking news update at 5:55 p.m. ET]
    The school resource deputy at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School waited outside the school building as the shooting unfolded last Wednesday. Scot Peterson, the deputy, never went in after taking a position on the west side of the building, Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said in a news conference.
    Peterson resigned on Thursday after he was suspended by Israel pending an internal investigation into his actions, Israel said.
    Well that idea lasted just over two hours.

Besides, a majority of banks do not have armed guards. On TV and in the movies they always do, but the guards are also usually the first ones killed.

Look at it from a tactical standpoint. If you wanted to shoot people in a school and knew there was a armed guard.
    Who would be the first person you would shoot?
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

well it appears after all the coddling and fake empathy, Trump has announced his REAL PLAN and of course it MIMICS the NRA!! ARM SCHOOLS to the TEETH!!

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...armed-teachers
    Last edited by lexx; 02-22-2018 at 08:46 PM.

Follow-up.

bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43164634;
    Why was he there?

School resource officers are police officers who are responsible for safety and crime prevention in schools, the US government says.

There are between 14,000 and 20,000 such officers in the US, according to the National Association of School Resource Officers.

Mr Peterson had been in his position at the school since 2009, local media report.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by nomaxim View Post
    cnn.com/2018/02/22/us/florida-school-shooting/index.html;
    Well that idea lasted just over two hours.

Besides, a majority of banks do not have armed guards. On TV and in the movies they always do, but the guards are also usually the first ones killed.

Look at it from a tactical standpoint. If you wanted to shoot people in a school and knew there was a armed guard.
    Who would be the first person you would shoot?
    I had heard there was an armed guard on campus but I did not know he stayed outside and did not enter the building. I suppose he knew it was automatic and knew he most likely could not compete with that kind of weapon.

The security would have to start with how people enter the school. Armed guards at the entrance and also a check, for guns, knives, contraband, of all people entering. Also people throughout the building being armed. I would leave it up to the professionals to design a good security plan. Not all banks but some banks have armed security guards. I lived in Dallas Texas years ago and saw more armed guards with shotguns than I had ever seen before. I had never seen armed guards with shotguns before.

We live in a high crime city and my daughters school checked for weapons of every student entering the school. It worked. It is working, no shootings at the school but I'm sorry to say shootings after school and while leaving. All gang related.

A young person would be less inclined to try a mass shooting at a school with good security. Not saying shootings couldn't happen in the school but less likely.

I do think if someone wants to kill a large amount of people and they can't do it at school they might go somewhere else but we'll have to try changes and find out.

I'm thinking this is going to be like every other school shooting and nothing of significance will be done. If Sandy Hook didn't bring about changes seems to me nothing will.

I do think good security at the schools would bring positive change. It would cost money though. Don't know who would foot the bill or if they could afford it. We need to do something and more than one thing but all the debate and disagreement may end in nothing of significance done.

Doing away with all the guns would be the best thing to do, would take years to do and US is not going to do it but guns kill, guns are for killing and if the bad guys didn't have guns the good guys wouldn't need them. That's simplified and anything we try to do to stop the killing will take effort, patience and a desire to see it through until we make changes.

Quote Originally Posted by nomaxim View Post
    He obviously wasn't there to go after a person with an automatic rifle already in the school. Think about how the Police handled Columbine, they didn't enter the school while they thought the shooter or shooters were alive. One security officer at a school isn't going to be satisfactory to stop a shooter with a plan to kill many.

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    how about raise age to 21!? make some people happy!? i wonder if the shooter had automatic fire!? what are the POLITICAL implications no matter what congress does!?
    Nothing wrong with this, raise the age to 21, why not?

We're looking at mass shootings in our schools and how to prevent them. Most of the recent shootings were done with guns bought legally and shooters with no or very little criminal past. Would this type of shooter try and get guns illegally? We don't know. Maybe not.

If you keep finding reasons that every solution will not work for one reason or another we will never make the problem better.

Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    If you keep finding reasons that every solution will not work for one reason or another we will never make the problem better.
    You can implement "airport" security at schools, but you can get it will be extremely expensive.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

You can implement "airport" security at schools, but you can get it will be extremely expensive.
    tan but tRUMP will call it job creation!? who's gonna pay for it!? property owners!!