+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Moral High Ground: Liberals or Conservatives?

Many years ago when I was in the business community, I observed criteria for employment in the corporate world. First, bonding companies investigate prospective employees by checking criminal records. Then, they do background checks related to friends and associates to determine character. As people advance up the corporate ladder, investigative reports from bonding companies are important. Contrary to liberal commentary about “fat cat” capitalist executives, executives hold the moral high ground. They do not advance if they have criminal records, poor references from associates, or have poor employment reports.

Do law-abiding employees,who may be more conservative because of their commitment to the “rule of law," and have good references, hold the moral high ground?
    Last edited by Cnance; 01-20-2018 at 05:40 PM.

Re: Moral High Ground: Liberals or Conservatives?

your claiming ALL corporations are ETHICAL!? and what does background checks have to do with MORALITY!? maybe since WALLSTREET became the SOLE REASON for EXISTENCE for corporations they have TIGHTENED the hiring practices!? still NO GUARANTEE!! just LOOK at tRUMP!! biggest CROOK in the country!! and i think LOYALTY is the BIGGER draw for high paying jobs!!
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    your claiming ALL corporations are ETHICAL!? and what does background checks have to do with MORALITY!? maybe since WALLSTREET became the SOLE REASON for EXISTENCE for corporations they have TIGHTENED the hiring practices!? still NO GUARANTEE!! just LOOK at tRUMP!! biggest CROOK in the country!! and i think LOYALTY is the BIGGER draw for high paying jobs!!
    Evidently, lexx doesn't know the definition of moral. Here is a dictionary definition. "Of or concerned with the judgement of the goodness or badness of human action and character, ethical, moral scrutiny," according The American Heritage College Dictionary, Fourth Edition. Background checks are directly related to "badness of human action and character."

According to evidence, when comparing liberals to conservatives, liberals tend to have higher incidence of criminal behavior, behavioral disorders, personality dysfunctions, abnormal (deviant) behavior, and poor work habits. So much for claiming "liberals to be standard barriers of goodwill for humankind."
    Last edited by Cnance; 01-20-2018 at 07:34 PM.

so your callin tRUMP a LIBERAL!?

Name:  trumpgrumpy.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  46.5 KB
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

so your callin tRUMP a LIBERAL!?

Name:  trumpgrumpy.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  46.5 KB
    It is not a good idea to post pictures of your relatives. It gives the family a bad name.

i WOULD love to be tRUMPS relative!! i could hang out at the countryclub and grope all his FEMALE ADMIRERS!!

Many years ago when I was in the business community, I observed criteria for employment in the corporate world. First, bonding companies investigate prospective employees by checking criminal records. Then, they do background checks related to friends and associates to determine character. As people advance up the corporate ladder, investigative reports from bonding companies are important. Contrary to liberal commentary about “fat cat” capitalist executives, executives hold the moral high ground. They do not advance if they have criminal records, poor references from associates, or have poor employment reports.

Do law-abiding employees,who may be more conservative because of their commitment to the “rule of law," and have good references, hold the moral high ground?

In the context of moral behavior, according to official records, where do Communist stand?
    Last edited by Cnance; 01-25-2018 at 07:44 PM.

In the context of moral behavior, according to official records, where do Communist stand?

Does religion have anything to do with the debate about liberalism and conservatism?

Well, maybe it does. From the Judeo Christian perspective, morality is rooted in the Ten Commandments. Then, we have societal rules and regulations based on cultural values and norms. We know, of course, the influence of the Bible on Western morality, and the influence of other religious affiliated groups on their cultural values and norms. So, it appears there is a strong religious component to morality. However, for the concepts of liberalism and conservatism, the primary criterion appears to be political affiliation. However this might be true, there remains the day to day function of everyday behavior whereas people relate to and are judged by their adherence or their disregard of moral standards. Therefore, God is related to the discussion inasmuch as He is the focal point of sacred beliefs or incidental values related to human behavior.

I suppose you can exclude God from any discussion of universal standards, but it is difficult to imagine a civilized world without universal standards. The Ten Commandments set forth objective moral standards that have generally been adopted. Assuming the Lord of the Old Testament was God, we have an early example of God establishing moral standards. If you don't believe in God, then where do you find absolute standards for moral conduct? Through human consensus there can be, and there are, moral standards. Here, however, we may have a problem. With so many different cultures throughout the world, and nations imposing their influences, where do we find universal moral standards?

It may be the case that today's morality is more a matter of relativity than it is absolutism. If there are to be standards for morality, and therefore frameworks for liberalism and conservatism, it may be more political than religious.

Last edited by Cnance; 02-03-2018 at 06:07 PM.

i'd like to hear what members of congress think of themselves conservatives!? whatever THAT MEANS!!

Does religion have anything to do with the debate about liberalism and conservatism?

Well, maybe it does. From the Judeo Christian perspective, morality is rooted in the Ten Commandments. Then, we have societal rules and regulations based on cultural values and norms. We know, of course, the influence of the Bible on Western morality, and the influence of other religious affiliated groups on their cultural values and norms. So, it appears there is a strong religious component to morality. However, for the concepts of liberalism and conservatism, the primary criterion appears to be political affiliation. However this might be true, there remains the day to day function of everyday behavior whereas people relate to and are judged by their adherence or their disregard of moral standards. Therefore, God is related to the discussion inasmuch as He is the focal point of sacred beliefs or incidental values related to human behavior.

I suppose you can exclude God from any discussion of universal standards, but it is difficult to imagine a civilized world without universal standards. The Ten Commandments set forth objective moral standards that have generally been adopted. Assuming the Lord of the Old Testament was God, we have an early example of God establishing moral standards. If you don't believe in God, then where do you find absolute standards for moral conduct? Through human consensus there can be, and there are, moral standards. Here, however, we may have a problem. With so many different cultures throughout the world, and nations imposing their influences, where do we find universal moral standards?

It may be the case that today's morality is more a matter of relativity than it is absolutism. If there are to be standards for morality, and therefore frameworks for liberalism and conservatism, it may be more political than religious.

i'm sorry was that a CONVERSATION with yourself!? sometimes that can be beneficial!? you know like your out after dark and you gotta go and you think i'll just unzip here nobody will see!! and just as you grab it you think god will see and you put it away and suffer till you get in the house and relieve yourself!? and you feel good about it and chalk up another SIN not performed becuz of personal pain!? and maybe some day you mention it to the wife and she gives you a pat on the back and says good boy!! your going to heaven!!

According to evidence, when comparing liberals to conservatives, liberals tend to have higher incidence of criminal behavior, behavioral disorders, personality dysfunctions, abnormal (deviant) behavior, and poor work habits. So much for claiming "liberals to be standard barriers of goodwill for humankind."

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    depends on HOW you measure GOODWILL!? everyone has a degree of goodwill you might say!! interesting to determine WHAT creates the atmosphere for goodwill!? in other words for whom is it easy and whom is it hard!?

depends on HOW you measure GOODWILL!? everyone has a degree of goodwill you might say!! interesting to determine WHAT creates the atmosphere for goodwill!? in other words for whom is it easy and whom is it hard!?
    It depends on how your regard criminal records. If liberals have poor employment reports and bad criminal reports, why bother hiring them? Is it really true? Are liberals more deviant than conservatives? What is the evidence? I'll bet you can prove it. Check criminal records and personnel records. What would you find?

So, what is the argument for the superiority of liberals?

what IS a liberal in your definition!? and is it an OPPORTUNITY for conservatives to encounter liberals!?