+ Reply to Thread

Oh-Bama's Trail Of Disaster?

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/...CeN/story.html

AS HE PREPARES to move out of the White House, Barack Obama is understandably focused on his legacy and reputation. The president will deliver a farewell address in Chicago on Tuesday; he told his supporters in an e-mail that the speech would “celebrate the ways you’ve changed this country for the better these past eight years,” and previewed his closing argument in a series of tweets hailing “the remarkable progress” for which he hopes to be remembered.

Certainly Obama has his admirers. For years he has enjoyed doting coverage in the mainstream media. Those press ovations will continue, if a spate of new or forthcoming books by journalists is any indication. Moreover, Obama is going out with better-than-average approval ratings for a departing president. So his push to depict his presidency as years of “remarkable progress” is likely to resonate with his true believers.

But there are considerably fewer of those true believers than there used to be. Most Americans long ago got over their crush on Obama, as they repeatedly demonstrated at the polls.

In 2010, two years after electing him president, voters trounced Obama’s party, handing Democrats the biggest midterm losses in 72 years. Obama was reelected in 2012, but by nearly 4 million fewer votes than in his first election, making him the only president ever to win a second term with shrunken margins in both the popular and electoral vote. Two years later, with Obama imploring voters, “[My] policies are on the ballot — every single one of them,” Democrats were clobbered again. And in 2016, as he campaigned hard for Hillary Clinton, Obama was increasingly adamant that his legacy was at stake. “I’m not on this ballot,” he told campaign rallies in a frequent refrain, “but everything we’ve done these last eight years is on the ballot.” The voters heard him out, and once more turned him down.

As a political leader, Obama has been a disaster for his party. Since his inauguration in 2009, roughly 1,100 elected Democrats nationwide have been ousted by Republicans. Democrats lost their majorities in the US House and Senate. They now hold just 18 of the 50 governorships, and only 31 of the nation’s 99 state legislative chambers. After eight years under Obama, the GOP is stronger than at any time since the 1920s, and the outgoing president’s party is in tatters.

RELATED LINKS
    Read Story
    D’Antonio: Obama’s call to hope
    The challenges Barack Obama confronted during his eight years as president remain under-appreciated, as do the successes he achieved.

Read: Fehrnstrom: Obama’s lame-duck stunt on Israel
    Read: Fried: Have an open mind, but hold Trump accountable
    Obama urged Americans to cast their votes as a thumbs-up or thumbs-down on his legacy. That’s what they did.

In almost every respect, Obama leaves behind a trail of failure and disappointment.
    The economy. Obama took office during a painful recession and (with Congress’s help) made it even worse. Historically, the deeper a recession, the more robust the recovery that follows, but the economy’s rebound under Obama was the worst in seven decades. Annual GDP growth since the recession ended has averaged a feeble 2.1 percent, by far the puniest economic performance of any president since World War II. Obama spent more public funds on “stimulus” than all previous stimulus programs combined, with wretched, counterproductive results. On his watch, millions of additional Americans fell below the poverty line. The number of food stamp recipients soared. The national debt doubled to an incredible $20 trillion. According to the Pew Research Center, the share of young adults (18- to 34-year-olds) living in their parents’ homes is the highest it has been since the Great Depression.
    Health care. The Affordable Care Act should never have been enacted. Survey after survey confirmed that it lacked majority support, and only through hard-knuckled, party-line maneuvering was the wrenching health-care overhaul rammed through Congress. But Obama was certain the measure would win public support, because of three promises he made over and over: that the law would extend health insurance to the 47 million uninsured, that it would significantly reduce health insurance costs, and that Americans who had health plans or doctors they liked could keep them.

But Obamacare has been a fiasco. At least 27 million Americans are still without health insurance, and many of those who are newly insured have simply been added to the Medicaid rolls. Far from reducing costs, Obamacare sent premiums and deductibles skyrocketing.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Re: Oh-Bama's Trail Of Disaster?

WHAT RIGHT RAG is THAT!? and as we see it's JUST OPINION!! and it's KINDA OLD!! you want a TRAIL OF DISASTER take PUERTO RICO for example!! tRUMP really FAILED at THAT MISERABLY!!
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-prove-it.html
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

BALONEY!! obama is MORE POPULAR than tRUMP!! even NOW!! and besides that article is from 2014!! you really ARE desperate to find NAYSAYERS arn't cha!?
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    BALONEY!! obama is MORE POPULAR than tRUMP!! even NOW!! and besides that article is from 2014!! you really ARE desperate to find NAYSAYERS arn't cha!?
    If that's the best comeback you can make, you can go back to marturbation. I have better things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    If that's the best comeback you can make, you can go back to marturbation. I have better things to do.

sorry i REFUTED the claims of your ARTICLE!! i now it's hard to TAKE!! both MY POINTS were VALID!! just becuz YOU have a FIXED OPINION that demands ATTENTION doesn't qualify you as an EXPERT!!

Name:  obama78.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  52.1 KB

Name:  donald-trump-debbie-brown.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  64.5 KB

Sounds right

Sounds right

Yeah it is what lexx says, Trump's success is because of Obama!