+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: It's 2018...How about a new look??

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    I don't mind. Anyone but the Patriots. Let some beleaguered long suffering team like the Jaguars or Vikings or Eagles win it all.

I've never been a fan of any of these teams. The Jaguars look like a team that can beat the Patriots and win it all. I don't care for the Vikings so I could go with the Eagles but don't think they really can do it. We'll see, just want to see good football and exciting games. Also don't want to see the Patriots win again, geez.

Once again the Patriots appear to have been the beneficiaries of favorable officiating. They get called for only one penalty all game long against Jacksonville.

Jacksonville had only 5 pass interference calls against them all season in the flag happy NFL and in the playoffs where the refs "let them play", they get flagged twice for pass interference, one of which led to a patriots touchdown and a patriots player head butts a defender but is not assessed a penalty.

The patriots are like Barry Bonds. A great player, but a great player who illegally uses steroids is unstoppable.

If the patriots seeming always get favorable officiating and also cheat to gain an edge, how can they get beaten?
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Once again the Patriots appear to have been the beneficiaries of favorable officiating. They get called for only one penalty all game long against Jacksonville.

Jacksonville had only 5 pass interference calls against them all season in the flag happy NFL and in the playoffs where the refs "let them play", they get flagged twice for pass interference, one of which led to a patriots touchdown and a patriots player head butts a defender but is not assessed a penalty.

The patriots are like Barry Bonds. A great player, but a great player who illegally uses steroids is unstoppable.

If the patriots seeming always get favorable officiating and also cheat to gain an edge, how can they get beaten?
    Questionable calls in a lot of football games. I have to agree with you, a couple of the calls in the game went the Patriots way and were not called correctly. They'll get beat, the Jaguars played a good game and it was close. Boy those Vikings took a whipping so lets see how the Eagles do against those Patriots. I'm happy to root for the Eagles. Hopefully the officiating will be fair in the Super Bowl game. GO EAGLES!!

Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    Questionable calls in a lot of football games. I have to agree with you, a couple of the calls in the game went the Patriots way and were not called correctly. They'll get beat, the Jaguars played a good game and it was close. Boy those Vikings took a whipping so lets see how the Eagles do against those Patriots. I'm happy to root for the Eagles. Hopefully the officiating will be fair in the Super Bowl game. GO EAGLES!!
    No weird calls. Eagles win it all. Loved this game. .
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

No weird calls. Eagles win it all. Loved this game. .

The game was fantastic and the ending was like watching a movie. Even considered someone was paid to let Brady be sacked. lol The only sack in the game and look when it happened!

The Eagles touchdown in the endzone, when the guy didn't have complete control of the ball and when he did gain control his foot was out of bounds?? I don't know if that call was right but glad if it went to the Eagles.

So happy for the Eagles!

Joe, the questionable play (touchdown) I was talking about in post below is in this video at 16:00.

Last edited by PeggieSue; 02-05-2018 at 12:52 PM.

Joe, the questionable play (touchdown) I was talking about in post below is in this video at 16:00.
    On that play, the step in question was the receiver's 3rd step in the end zone. Even on that you could argue his foot touch inbounds.

On that play, the step in question was the receiver's 3rd step in the end zone. Even on that you could argue his foot touch inbounds.
    There are two things to look at in that play. He doesn't have complete control of the ball after the catch, it leaves his hands and comes back. The front part of his foot (toes) looks to be on and possibly over the line.

The game was fantastic and the ending was like watching a movie. Even considered someone was paid to let Brady be sacked. lol The only sack in the game and look when it happened!

The Eagles touchdown in the endzone, when the guy didn't have complete control of the ball and when he did gain control his foot was out of bounds?? I don't know if that call was right but glad if it went to the Eagles.

So happy for the Eagles!
    My wife and I watched the game, I rooted for the Patriots and she rooted for the Eagles. Next year I'll be more careful and look at her team. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    My wife and I watched the game, I rooted for the Patriots and she rooted for the Eagles. Next year I'll be more careful and look at her team. LOL.
    It's so nice the Eagles won and hope Tom B can take it, he's now a loser. lol Great game!

It's so nice the Eagles won and hope Tom B can take it, he's now a loser. lol Great game!
    I recall Brady's wife once complaining (after a loss) that Tom can't catch the ball too. The irony is if Tom had caught the ball, this game might have been different. LOL