+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243

Re: Is Communism the best fit for society?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    Communism failed... the USSR is proof of that. The countless pages written here are nothing more than an exaggerated rant. Communism failed. Discussion over. However, pure Capitalism has also failed... the U.S. is proof of that. Our healthcare system is the most expensive in the world not the best. The best would be taking care of those that are in need. Not selling insulin for $700.00+ for a month's supply or jacking the price of an epipen to a terrifying cost per dose... because you can. Our infrastructure is obsolete and crumbling because the companies that set it up and manage it do not want to make the investment or are only making the bare minimum investment to keep it limping along in order to maintain profits. Any 'bullet-trains' running in the U.S.? How about that interstate road system? It's falling apart. Our bridges? Really?
    Communism failed... Capitalism has failed. Perhaps it may be time to develop toward the social-democratic models? Please be aware... the U.S. is the ONLY developed nation without some form... any form of health care for it's citizens! My Brother-in-law broke a tooth in Germany a few years ago and received 'top-notch' dental care for less than the cost of an office visit in the U.S.. No waiting... in and out. Of course with advice to follow up with his regular dentist when he got home to the U.S.. The point is... he was able to finish his vacation comfortably and with a minimum of inconvenience.
    We can do better than what we already have.
    Just because billionaires are doing well does not mean that we as a nation are doing well. Maybe it's time to put the kool-aid cup down and take a good, hard, realistic look at our country and where we're going with it.
    On the thread I have discussed capitalism, but not exclusively in the USA. I have discussed capitalism compared to communism in the world. I have also discussed the shortcomings of capitalism. The point of my discussion is when compared to communism, capitalism, based mostly on economics, works better. I know there is a lot of material on the thread, but I have covered subjects you've mentioned. My point is based on essential functions capitalism is superior to communism. You can bemoan all you want about weaknesses of capitalism for health care, etc., but, compared to communist nations like the former USSR, Cuba, Venezuela, North Korea, and collapsed East European nations, the U.S. is superior. For a fair analysis, you must be objective and compare all nations.

Oh, if you want to discuss Communist China, you must acknowledge they "use capitalism" to finance communism.

The essential part of my argument against communism is when applied it doesn't function because by reducing social differences you curtail human nature vis-Ă*-vis opportunities to develop "competency-based needs." It is all there on the thread. If you want, we can discuss, but read what I've posted.
    Last edited by Cnance; 06-16-2019 at 09:08 PM.

What's to discuss... they've failed. I said so and so did you. If you want to attempt to teach an economics or polisci class I suggest you get your teaching credentials in order and go to a school that will hire you to teach those subjects. Otherwise you're just so much wasted space.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    What's to discuss... they've failed. I said so and so did you. If you want to attempt to teach an economics or polisci class I suggest you get your teaching credentials in order and go to a school that will hire you to teach those subjects. Otherwise you're just so much wasted space.
    What the hell does that have to do with my thread? Evidently, you haven't read it! It is alright to criticize, but know what you say! The thread isn't about economics, it is about communism! Yes, economics is part of the discussion, but the thread is about COMMUNISM!
    Last edited by Cnance; 06-16-2019 at 10:20 PM.

i would like to clarify that while i agree with a lot of marx quotes and agree that the ideals of communism would be good i am NOT a chinese or OTHER form of communist!! i favor regulated capitalism!!
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    i would like to clarify that while i agree with a lot of marx quotes and agree that the ideals of communism would be good i am NOT a chinese or OTHER form of communist!! i favor regulated capitalism!!
    The problem is the kind of regulation you want is stifling, it destroys capitalism. In particular, there would be little room for entrepreneurship, which is the seedbed of capitalism. Here is some advice, think your position through to include all contingencies. As far as I know, hardly anyone has thought threw the implications of communism, not even Marx!Why doesn't anyone get it! Are there that many stupid intellectuals in our world? ha. ha.

In short, how can you have a society based on the elimination of social differences when "competency-based" evaluations are essential for self-esteem maintenance. How can people function when they are not allowed to freely develop their competencies?
    Last edited by Cnance; 06-17-2019 at 08:47 PM.

Here are my comments about "entrepreneurship, the seedbed of capitalism."

It is an obvious truth that entrepreneurship survives and thrives in a capitalist economy where there is sufficient freedom to encourage and reward businessmen with innovative ideas. Moreover, in a capitalist nation, economic rewards for successful entrepreneurship are adequate so as to encourage innovation of products for marketing and mass consumption. Everyone knows stories about people like Bill Gates who with awe inspiring product innovation and marketing skills are able to build a company from the ground up to become a mega firm employing thousands of people. On almost every criterion, entrepreneurship violates principles of communism. The very idea of an awe-inspiring product allowing an entrepreneur to mass produce for successful sales and mounting profits is antithetical to communist principles promoting egalitarianism and equal distribution of land, resources, and, most definitely, the confiscation of wealth.

In order for a society to become communist, capitalism must be curtailed, which means there is little if no incentive for businessmen to open up the marketplace with a new product. Assuming the communist government would confiscate profits from a booming company, how is the new company going to expand production facilities when the government limits profits? Then, there is the issue of ownership.

Assuming, as in the case of Communist China, the government has absolute control, how do entrepreneurs thrive without land acquisition as their product base expands. There would have to be cooperation between communist government leaders and entrepreneurs. The big problem, of course, is what to do when the two factions have little in common? In Communist China, we find the government allowing capitalistic practices in order to make the economy prosper. It is a huge contradiction, but it is one which Chinese communist officials have been able to endure. Even so, we find capitalist enterprises in Communist China on the wane. Recently, there has been an exodus of Chinese firms from China to other nations in South East Asia. Moreover, Chinese communist officials have not been able to reconcile their ideology of equalitarianism with a policy of permissiveness for capitalism. However, one must not lose sight of the finer details of Chinese Communist rule. The Chinese Communist government has ownership rights to the land. Therefore, the “Communist Party” controls the nation.

https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1057/9780230295155_1
    https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/opini...-or-dispirited
    http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Chinese-companies-moving-abroad-to-avoid-trade-war-with-the-US-45934.html
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2019/06/10/thailand-sees-threefold-increase-in-chinese-companies-looking-to-move/#5bb635ab388f
    Last edited by Cnance; 06-17-2019 at 10:18 PM.

In the academic world, especially in sociology, Marx and Communism are popular subjects. However, most of these discussions ignore the consequences of Communism insofar as millions of people have been persecuted, imprisoned, and slaughter in large numbers. When will it end? When will academics deal with reality instead of living in fantasy worlds? Oh, I have a lot of experience inasmuch as I spent several years in a sociology department surrounded by Marxists. Academics live in fantasy land, they accept the ideals of Marxism while ignoring, or minimizing, the brutal consequences. The Marxian experiment is over! History has given us facts. For world nations, Marxism has resulted in brutal regimes with the destruction of farm land, homes, loss of freedom, and, most of all, the largest number of killings in world history!

"Collectively, communist states killed as many as 100 million people, more than all other repressive regimes combined during the same time period. By far the biggest toll arose from communist efforts to collectivize agriculture and eliminate independent property-owning peasants. In China alone, Mao Zedong’s Great Leap Forward led to a man-made famine in which as many as 45 million people perished – the single biggest episode of mass murder in all of world history . In the Soviet Union, Joseph Stalin’s collectivization – which served as a model for similar efforts in China and elsewhere – took some 6 to 10 million lives . Mass famines occurred in many other communist regimes, ranging from North Korea to Ethiopia . In each of these cases, communist rulers were well aware that their policies were causing mass death, and in each they persisted nonetheless, often because they considered the extermination of “Kulak” peasants a feature rather than a bug."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.cb2ecd0b4fa9
    Last edited by Cnance; 06-19-2019 at 07:39 PM.