+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Did Liberals Even Read The New Tax Law?

Or do they just whine because they oppose the POTUS?

Nobody would know it to read the spin and liberal lies coming from the left about the tax reform bill that Trump just signed, but here are the deductions and rates under the new tax law that goes into effect 1 January (Source: Congressional conference report on the final version of the bill--you can also find this info on numerous tax information sites):

* The standard deduction will increase from $6,500 for individuals to $12,000, and from $13,000 to $24,000 for joint returns (married).

* The tax credit for each child under 17 will double from $1,000 to $2,000.

* As for the tax brackets, the rates for the brackets will change as follows:

-- First bracket: Will remain at 10%
    -- Second bracket: Will drop from 15% to 12%
    -- Third bracket: Will drop from 25% to 22%
    -- Fourth bracket: Will drop from 28% to 24%
    -- Fifth bracket: Will drop from 33% to 32%
    -- Sixth bracket: Will remain at 35%
    -- Seventh bracket: Will drop from 39.6% to 37%

Yes, contrary to liberal misinformation about the new law, the biggest tax rate cuts are going to the middle class. The highest bracket only gets a rate reduction of 2.6 percentage points, whereas the fourth bracket gets a rate cut of 4 percentage points and the second and third brackets get a rate cut of 3 percentage points.

More info:

* The amount that you can deduct for state and local taxes will be capped at $10,000 (which means that people in low-tax states will no longer be subsidizing state tax deductions for wealthy people in high-tax states).

* Under current law, interest on mortgages up to $1.1 million can be deducted. That cutoff will be reduced to $750,000 for new mortgages.

To read more about the changes, see:

http://docs.house.gov//20171218/Joi...natory%20Stat
    http://www.politifact.com//18/whats...sion-tax-bill/
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Re: Did Liberals Even Read The New Tax Law?

NOBODY read the law BEFORE IT WAS PASSED!! not even REPUBLICANS!!democrats had NO INPUT all done behind closed doors all done COMPLETELY out of NORMAL LEGISLATION practices!! but of course they KNEW they GOT rich off it so that's all they NEEDED to know!! percentages DONT add up to DOLLARS!! rich saved MILLIONS while middlle class saved hundreds!! and WORKING poor saved NOTHING!!

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...he-New-Tax-Law
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    NOBODY read the law BEFORE IT WAS PASSED!! not even REPUBLICANS!!democrats had NO INPUT all done behind closed doors all done COMPLETELY out of NORMAL LEGISLATION practices!! but of course they KNEW they GOT rich off it so that's all they NEEDED to know!! percentages DONT add up to DOLLARS!! rich saved MILLIONS while middlle class saved hundreds!! and WORKING poor saved NOTHING!!
    The working poor pay no taxes and still get tax refunds!

Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    The working poor pay no taxes and still get tax refunds!

that's CRAP they pay in (lOAN TO GOV) they get it all back SOMETIMES!! and quit DISTRACTING by always talking about the POOR who according to you get everything for FREE!!
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

that's CRAP they pay in (lOAN TO GOV) they get it all back SOMETIMES!! and quit DISTRACTING by always talking about the POOR who according to you get everything for FREE!!:
    Right, they pay no net taxes and if they get SNAP or Medical, they are getting something out of our tax money.

Right, they pay no net taxes and if they get SNAP or Medical, they are getting something out of our tax money.

sounds like WIN-WIN to me!!

sounds like WIN-WIN to me!!:
    Not for the actual tax payers.

Not for the actual tax payers.

why is that!? even you said life aint FAIR!? if that's what's bothering you!?

It's less money for politicians to waste if some money is given back to the tax payers.

It's less money for politicians to waste if some money is given back to the tax payers.

WHO gets to DEFINE waste!?

WHO gets to DEFINE waste!?
    The tax payers.

The tax payers.

just the 1's that vote!?

Your vote = your opinion and your vote counts.

Your vote = your opinion and your vote counts.

problem is popular vote does NOT make for an automatic win!! 3 million people more voted against trump but they weren't counted!! the electoral thing!!

The electoral college is a great idea because if not, the presidency can be basically won by taking California and New York,

The electoral college is a great idea because if not, the presidency can be basically won by taking California and New York,
    the electoral college is about representation in CONGRESS it should NOt be used to elect the president as he should be chosen on the total vote count to be FAIR and DEMOCRATIC!! the WILL of the PEOPLE as it is!?