+ Reply to Thread

Scam using fake ebay, lost $800 😰

Trying purchse on ebay for iphone, read the seller, ask to confirm for zipcode shipping. Got a okay responce after two days of contemplating I decided to purchase it but products were sold.. I email the seller and told her that I missed out if she still purchasing.. I will let her know.. she offered for an invoice through ebay and told me legis messages on how to follow directions to purchase it through ebay. I got an invoice but never receive it in my ebay acct. Receive it in my personal acct with logo from ebay. I clicke the ebay live chat representative and told me to purchase a gift cards for payment but will put it on hold. Obviously i went through it trusting they will send a pirchase confirmation on my ebay acct.. after almost 48 hours passed I never got the confirmation.. i went back to ebay live and ask them if they legit they told me i was contacting customer support but when i ask the phone number.. they blocked me..the invoive email was ebay@gift-card.com 😰. I paid it through my paypal, hoping to get it back after filing a dispute but I feel like i lost hope.. i screenshot everything from ebay fake represntative to the seller SUSAN TURNER susanstore2008@gmail.com
    I felt like I got sick right away.. first time and it was a chunk of money lost 😓😓😥😥😭

Re: Scam using fake ebay, lost $800 😰

Oh wow...I feel sorry for you...It really sucks, but don`t give up, the money come and go away so just keep living and it will be a good lesson for you!
    My friend almost got tricked by the scammers but after he finds this article, he figures out how to avoid the unpleasant situation and luckily everything ended happily. But the moral of my story is be always attentive!
    Last edited by WalterShannon; 03-14-2018 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blesie View Post
    .the invoive email was ebay@gift-card.com 😰.
    That's not eBay.

That's a whole different website.
    gift-card.com

http://www.gift-card.com/feed_upload;
    How it works

Gift-card.com allows online retailers to list the products they sell in our vertical comparison shopping search engine. When shoppers search for the products you sell, your product listings appear in our search results. If a shopper clicks on your listing, they are linked to your online store. It's as easy as that!
    Basically, its a price search engine like google.com/shopping, pricegrabber.com, and nextag.com.

These websites don't actually sell anything. They just allow you to compare prices and products and then link you to the merchants website.

So it would appear that you made your purchase at some other website.

For filing a dispute;
    paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/i-didn%27t-receive-the-item-i-purchased-or-it%27s-different-from-the-description.

In this case you would file with PayPal and NOT eBay.

Also;
    ebay.com/securitycenter/report_concern;
    If you're suspicious about an email that claims to be from eBay, sign in to My eBay and click the Messages tab. If you don't see the same message there, the email is fake. To report a fake email, forward it as an attachment to spoof@ebay.com.
    Last edited by nomaxim; 03-13-2018 at 07:18 PM.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

So is the "Honey" app legitimate, or also a scam?

Quote Originally Posted by Antibiotic View Post
    So is the "Honey" app legitimate, or also a scam?
    Ummm, Bruce.
    What does this have to do with this thread?
    No one has posted anything about any apps at all in this thread except for you.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

I had come to TopResume via an offer to critique my resume. Upon reading the review, I agreed with the ‘problems’ or areas of improvement and decided to purchase the mid-level resume writing package (resume and cover letter). If you would like to find info about “topresume review", welcome to Scamfighter.

Re: Scam using fake ebay, lost $800 ��

Quote Originally Posted by Sara1986 View Post
    I had come to TopResume via an offer to critique my resume. Upon reading the review, I agreed with the ‘problems’ or areas of improvement and decided to purchase the mid-level resume writing package (resume and cover letter). If you would like to find info about “topresume review", welcome to Scamfighter.

WWW.UMAROCAMN.COM SCAMMERS!!!!

TAKE payment by WESTERN UNION. 450 dollars ! and do not send the goods. Do not respond TO emails. In a month ask to send them still money for customs. and more do not respond to emails.
    This website is a fraud! Be careful! It's dangerous! WWW.UMAROCAMN.COM SCAMMERS!!!! SCAMMERS!!!! SCAMMERS!!!!
    Last edited by TREK; 05-27-2018 at 11:02 AM.

Re: Scam using fake ebay, lost $800 ��

I Live in Ukraine, I do not understand English.Maybe he wrote it on the wrong topic.Sorry. I want to warn all aircraft modelers!!All countries! It's a Scam shop. I was deceived by $ 460.https://www.umarocamn.com/
    Here's the video I made a video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUKyxZemcfc
    Forgive not delete my message! Give me a link to the video. Let other people be safe.
    Last edited by TREK; 05-27-2018 at 11:23 AM.

People using ebay still?

Name:  Down-Graph-Red-Arrow.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  134.3 KB

I am really sorry for your loss. In most cases, make sure you purchase using authorized and credible online merchants like PayPal so that in case the deal goes wrong, you can always request for refund. For example, when making purchase on https://www.essaycyber.com/ , Clients pay via PayPal and that is definitely safe.

Great post! It was very helpful to me. Now, when I have read information on your site and got my essay topic from essaytopicsmasters.com , I can finally start writing it. Wish me luck, guys!

https://essaytopicsmasters.com
    Last edited by EmmaBrown; 10-04-2018 at 04:05 PM.

Whoah, that is very unexpected. These crooks surely got some good tricks that are sometimes very convincing.