View Poll Results: Should Pwrone be reinstated?

Voters
29. This poll is closed
  • Yes, absolutely!

15 51.72%
  • No, he was out of control.

14 48.28%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Reinstate Pwrone

Pwrone is a good poster and is a firm believer in his side of the situation, whatever the situation may be. His core beliefs are nonwavering and if he doesn't have a set opinion on something, he has been open to persuasion.

I have witnessed him being called:
    Monkey, loser, agent provocateur, spy, racist, ignorant, un-American, idiot, fool, dumb, stupid and pedophile. These are only about 1/50th of the ludicrous names that he's been called but he always kept his neck above water, even though lately he's been battling four on one. Pwrone is good for this forum, whether you agree with him or not. He was never afraid of an open debate, and that is a primary reason to ask for his reinstatement.

I vote yes!

Re: Reinstate Pwrone - I say Yes!

While lately Pwrone & I haven't been agreeing on much we do get along and many times simply 'agree to disagree' & life goes on. He does tend to get over-heated at times and take things out of context, but as Raider will testify to, I will miss the context of his posts on a regular basis.
    Sure... at times I think he's a complete idiot, but other times I believe he posts valid issues... if nothing else he believes in them and holds to his convictions... In my book that shows integrety.
    In a way he reminds me of a Sociology professor I had... annoying as Hell, but good at what he did... making one look at an issue.

If possible... lift his ban.

cheers,
    Paul
    Last edited by PaulM; 11-20-2005 at 04:57 AM. Reason: spelling

It appears to me that pwrone has been coming unraveled lately. I think he has some anger management issues. I also think though that he should be reinstated after about a week cooling off period. It takes a while to sort of figure out where he is coming from with some of his more incendiary thread topics. But once you realize that he is only trying to get a rise out those who do not share his point of view then it is easy to not let him get under your skin. His posts really help me fortify my beliefs and to understand what real ......oh nevermind I won't go there.

Also, the way you worded the poll pirate man sort of sucks and that's why I didn't vote in it.
    Last edited by bairdi; 11-20-2005 at 05:14 AM.

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

If you reinstate Pwrone you should also reinstate TommyWho70x.
    They are both colorful individuals that have contributed some interesting
    input to the forum.
    Actually, doesn't seem the same without them...
    But they need to tone down some of the language and personal
    threats.

Pwrone was banned once before for his actions that he was supposed to learn from then. He is UNTEACHABLE. He's been banned. And this thread will not get him reinstated. But feel free to post away. The same for Tommy. If you guys can not find enough to debate over amongst yourselves, well, I feel for ya.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by bairdi

Also, the way you worded the poll pirate man sort of sucks and that's why I didn't vote in it.

Raider is dangerously close to losing his "popular demand" status because of that. I changed the poll to reflect an honest opinion.

And attacking me personally Raider, does nothing to get your desired result. Just the opposite.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Bacardi
    Apparently, the poll has been "altered" to allow you to vote, so go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Raider is dangerously close to losing his "popular demand" status because of that. I changed the poll to reflect an honest opinion.

And attacking me personally Raider, does nothing to get your desired result. Just the opposite.

Lady Mod
    Please show where I attacked you. Look here, if you want to threaten me for supporting someone who did nothing but defend himself and point out the daily political doublestandards and hypocrisy of his political counterparts then the boards here will soon be dull enough for the left to have territorial dominance here. I don't ever agree with dcristie but he had it right when he said:

Quote Originally Posted by dcristie
    To his credit, despite some of my rather overt and spirited attempts to provoke him at times, he never resorted to any sniveling exhortations to censor or ban any of his antagonists, unlike some others. Plus, (and perhaps more importantly given the circumstances) he knows how to write well and is articulate. That's pretty damn rare these days and should inure to his favor.

All things considered, he seemed like a pretty stand up guy to me. I would vote (if there were such a thing) for reinstatement.
    Pwrone is a necessary counterweight to the bashbushatallcosts crowd. Consider the right wing a necessary "evil" if you have to, but without us, your just singing to the choir. If this poll offends you, then I'm sorry. My goal was not to offend, but to show respect for someone who has made me laugh and introduced me to stories that I hadn't heard before and to someone with the moral fortitude that we should all seek within ourselves. Please reconsider. I for one will not consider it weakness on your part if you change your mind, but instead, I will see it as openmindedness/openheartedness/and an enlightened thought process.

umdkook Guest

i vote for re instatement---unless someone is REALLY getting threatened or talking about where you live, they shouldnt be banned--it promotes debate!!

your rite, im back baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Raider
    Apparently, the poll has been "altered" to allow you to vote, so go ahead.

Please show where I attacked you.
    I'll tell you something Raider, when you make your poll state that a NO answer is denying the freedom of speech, especially when that is a pile of BS, I consider that a personal attack on how I determine who is banned and who isn't.

I never asked you to like me, but you WILL respect my decisions or leave. There are PLENTY of Right Wing forums where they don't allow anyone with a Left slant to even post, much less get away with the kind of posts I overlook on both sides. And they do a plethoria of Left bashing on them.

And I find it interesting that for a board that is going to get suddenly boring, that the absence of Pwrone actually allowed real discussion on one of his pet issues to take place without his being a condescending creep to those who post a slightly different view. This would be the Planned Parenthood thread.
    If he is reading the threads, hopefully he noticed that fact.

And as far as Pwrone being a necessary counterbalance to the left, bullcrap. There was plenty of counterbalance before, there will be continue to be.

Lady Mod

I'll tell you something Raider, when you make your poll state that a NO answer is denying the freedom of speech, especially when that is a pile of BS, I consider that a personal attack on how I determine who is banned and who isn't.
    That's how I saw it and that was the reason I did not vote.

I don't really know why pwrone or tommy were banned, but I wouldn't mind the ban being taken off either of them. From what I've seen on the forum, both of them did post a bit more often than most members, and were pretty good at voicing their opinions.

EVen if they did post some incendiary comments to get under peoples' skin like someone else already stated.

OK, one thing. Tommy was banned because of an attack against scam.com itself that he promoted. His IP has been banned. He definitely won't be back. He doesn't even figure into this picture.

Lady Mod

OK, one thing. Tommy was banned because of an attack against scam.com itself that he promoted. His IP has been banned. He definitely won't be back. He doesn't even figure into this picture.

Lady Mod
    This sounds like you are contemplating the return of pwrone. Thanks for giving it a little more thought. You gotta' admit, he does help stir debate and that can only be a good thing for this board. You can probably trackback all the replies to deedee. She always treated him with respect and in turn, he treated her likewise. The only time he gets in someone's grill, was when the debate turned that way mutually. Thanx again for contemplating his return.

R8R :cool:

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

Lady Mod

thank you for that bit of info. It is always helpful to know specifically why
    you made the decision to ban someone.
    After all, in this democracy that we puport to live in and support there is
    a lot of questionable denying of freedoms in several catagories from within
    our government as well as other areas.
    They seem to want it this way so that they can always get people to agree
    with their dogma, party line, whatever. If someone steps out of place, they
    are pretty quickly punished for it. Quite often unfairly.
    Democratical practices are painful for some to tolerate because they don't
    like for people to question or challenge their position/s, opinions. I
    quite often think this is because they are personally insecure individuals
    and it makes them feel comprimised when someone challenges them -
    makes them feel threatened,
    When they start making threats, using viscious slander and degrading
    name calling, all they are signalling is that they really have not got
    any thing constructive or objective to say. So then they are attemtping
    to dumb down, shout out and drive people away with bullying and
    threatining remarks. If this works they consider that they have "won"
    the debate. Most of this was learned in their surrondings when they
    were growing up, so that's the only tact they know.
    Seriously, I laugh at much of it, because I realize it is just another
    desperate situation on there part, as they do not know how to debate
    intelligently and sensibly.
    Since we have many individuals who are supposedly serving our government
    and making decisions that directly effect us, day in and day out, that are
    so partisan in their positions and therefore do not support democratic
    government, but rather partisan government, which comprimises our
    suposed democratic form of government, it would serve we the people well
    if we ourselves are constantly mindful of the the partisan trappings,
    take off the blinders, see what they are doing, by their actions and
    deliberations, then as a majority continue to let them know that we
    are not sheep and they are going to have to answer for their conduct,
    behavior.
    Thanks for the info, Sojustask.

Oh Shanti... ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Raider
    This sounds like you are contemplating the return of pwrone. Thanks for giving it a little more thought. You gotta' admit, he does help stir debate and that can only be a good thing for this board. You can probably trackback all the replies to deedee. She always treated him with respect and in turn, he treated her likewise. The only time he gets in someone's grill, was when the debate turned that way mutually. Thanx again for contemplating his return.

R8R :cool:
    I haven't a clue how you came to that conclusion out of the post you responded to. This thread was going into a "If you unban one person, then unban another person" discussion. Rather than debate the merits of either I informed those interested in why Tommy was banned and can't return.

I'm not comtemplating anything per Pwrone.

Lady Mod

Lady Mod
    The word "definitely" above, when used to reference tomwho70x, led me to believe that there was a possibility for pwrone's ban lifting. I'm sorry if I acted presumptious in this regard, I know that it will take convincing from other than "right-wing whackos" to reinstate him. I personally think he needs another chance, even liberal thought should encourage this. It's probably societies fault that he "appears" to sound abrasive at times. Call it a cooling off or temporary punishment or whatever, but I'm sure that rehabilitation has worked in this case. :cool: