+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The New Tax Plan?

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/a...182354205.html

Tax savings under House Republicans' tax plan

Our previous calculations using the House's tax plan showed slightly lower savings for single, childless taxpayers who claim the standard deduction:

$25,000 salary: estimated annual tax savings of $202.
    $75,000 salary: estimated annual tax savings of $2,078.
    $175,000 salary: estimated annual tax savings of $4,289.
    Now before Lexx gets his panties in a wad. let's do the math.

The guy earning $25,000 is in the 8% tax bracket and likely had about $2000 withheld from his pay checks. He saves $202 and that represents a hair over 10% back. In the end, he's now paid $1898 in Federal taxes.

The guy earning $75,000 is in the 25% tax bracket and had about $18,750 withheld from his pay checks. His savings of $2078 is just over 11%. In the end, he's paid $16,672 in Federal taxes.

The guy making $175,000 is in the 39 tax bracket and had $68,250 withheld in taxes. His savings of $4289 represents about a 6% savings.
    In the end, he's paid $63,961 in Federal taxes.

Now all the liberals want to cry that the guy making the least amount of money gets the smallest savings, but it's because he already pays the least and whenever tax cuts are implemented, the guys paying the most taxes wind up getting what looks like the biggest "break".

But the guy making 75K paid $14,774 more in Federal tax than the guy making $25K and the guy making $175K paid $62,063 more in Federal taxes than the guy making $25K.

It is completely fair.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Re: The New Tax Plan?

the tax system by the #s can be called FAIR by those that RIG the #s!! the WHOLE economic system is RIGGED to be UNFAIR!! cultural and family NEPOTISM dominates the economic landscape!!
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

The "rich" seem to get a bigger tax break but it's because they pay more taxes. Bottom line.
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    The "rich" seem to get a bigger tax break but it's because they pay more taxes. Bottom line.
    i'm not arguing the MATH as you call it!! what i'm arguing is if the wealthy became so RIGHTEOUSLY there would be NO OUTCRY against them!? so then the compromise should be a tax system that favors the poor rather than the rich!?
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    i'm not arguing the MATH as you call it!! what i'm arguing is if the wealthy became so RIGHTEOUSLY there would be NO OUTCRY against them!? so then the compromise should be a tax system that favors the poor rather than the rich!?
    Someone who's "poor" might not be paying any net taxes and might still be getting something from government such as welfare or SNAP. The low earners pay very little in taxes and the middle class and wealthy pay the vast majority of the taxes.

So anytime there's a "tax break", the wealthy will always get the most because they pay the most.

Someone who pays no net taxes does not benefit from a tax cut because they pay no taxes.

It's not unfair except in the eye of the liberals.

Someone who's "poor" might not be paying any net taxes and might still be getting something from government such as welfare or SNAP. The low earners pay very little in taxes and the middle class and wealthy pay the vast majority of the taxes.

So anytime there's a "tax break", the wealthy will always get the most because they pay the most.

Someone who pays no net taxes does not benefit from a tax cut because they pay no taxes.

It's not unfair except in the eye of the liberals.
    UNRESTRICTED WEALTH is destructive to the lowest class and ALL really since it RAISES PRICES FOR EVERYONE!!

UNRESTRICTED WEALTH is destructive to the lowest class and ALL really since it RAISES PRICES FOR EVERYONE!!
    So someone who pays $68,000 in taxes and gets a tax break that saves him $4000 is a bad deal for someone who pays no taxes in what way?

So someone who pays $68,000 in taxes and gets a tax break that saves him $4000 is a bad deal for someone who pays no taxes in what way?
    you SEEm to think it's all cut and dried you seem focused on the SO CALLED middle class!? they can ALREADY afford the FINE Things in life or maybe just UPSCALE necessities!? but they have CAVIAR DREAMS!? and the POMPOUS MORALLY BANKRUPT RESIDENT has told them i'll make you RICH!! just take your PENNIES while I MAKE BILLIONS!! sucker BORN every MINUTE is the phrase i REMEMBER!? YOU INCLUDED apparently!!
    Last edited by lexx; 11-30-2017 at 09:22 PM.

you SEEm to think it's ll cut and dried you seem focused on th SO CALLED middle class!? they can ALREADY afford the FINE Things in life or maybe just UPSCALE necessities!? but they have CAVIAR DREAMS!? and the POMPOUS MORALLY BANKRUPT RESIDENT has told them i'll make you RICH!! just take your PENNIES while I MAKE BILLIONS!! sucker BORN every MINUTE is the phrase i REMEMBER!? YOU INCLUDED apparently!!
    So if I work hard, even 2 jobs to save money, and I eventually reach a point where I'm paying the maximum tax rate, I'm never supposed to get a tax break and any breaks need to go to people who don't pay any taxes?

So while I worked hard to study and invested to educate myself, and then worked 2 jobs to get ahead, while some guy cut classes in school to get high, stays unemployed and winds up on skid row and pays no taxes.

The guy on skid row who pays no taxes should get a tax refund even though he pays no taxes while I might thousands or tens of thousands but should nothing because the money will flow to people who pay no taxes??

That makes no sense at all.

so your still trying to EARN your way into heaven!? it's funny cuz that's more of a LIBERAL TRAIT!? but hey it's fine to look RESPECTABLE to the world just dont think it fools EVERYBODY!!

so your still trying to EARN your way into heaven!? it's funny cuz that's more of a LIBERAL TRAIT!? but hey it's fine to look RESPECTABLE to the world just dont think it fools EVERYBODY!!
    Biblically, you can't earn your way to heaven.

kind of a paradox there....what does SEEK mean!? is it like a curiosity thing!?

kind of a paradox there....what does SEEK mean!? is it like a curiosity thing!?
    Those who pay more taxes deserve a break once in a while. Those who don't pay taxes are not contributing as much.

Those who pay more taxes deserve a break once in a while. Those who don't pay taxes are not contributing as much.
    OK i just heard the new tax bill is gonna be a TEMP cut in taxes instead of permanent! i can go along with that with OTHER mods included!

OK i just heard the new tax bill is gonna be a TEMP cut in taxes instead of permanent! i can go along with that with OTHER mods included!