+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 87

Thread: big tax LIE

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    big tax LIE

    so the new tax bill is suppose to bring back billions from abroad stashed to avoid taxes!? and when that happens it will boost the economy and crate jobs!? SORRY!! BEEN THERE DONE THAT DIDN'T WORK!! just made the RICH RICHER!!

    Instead of expanding operations or hiring, companies tended to use the money to buy back shares of their own stock — purchases that disproportionately benefit wealthy investors, who are less likely to spend any extra income.

    "It has almost no payoff to the economy," says Adam Looney, senior fellow in economic studies at the Brookings Institution. A Senate subcommittee report concluded, in fact, that 10 of the 15 companies that repatriated the most money actually cut jobs after the tax holiday. Pfizer slashed 10,000 jobs in 2005 and 2006, Merck 7,000 and Hewlett-Packard 14,500.

    https://www.thenation.com/article/th...can-tax-heist/
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: big tax LIE

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    so the new tax bill is suppose to bring back billions from abroad stashed to avoid taxes!? and when that happens it will boost the economy and crate jobs!? SORRY!! BEEN THERE DONE THAT DIDN'T WORK!! just made the RICH RICHER!!

    Instead of expanding operations or hiring, companies tended to use the money to buy back shares of their own stock — purchases that disproportionately benefit wealthy investors, who are less likely to spend any extra income.
    The rich get the tax break because they pay the taxes. Do you think the folks collecting SNAP benefits pay any net taxes?
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: big tax LIE

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    The rich get the tax break because they pay the taxes. Do you think the folks collecting SNAP benefits pay any net taxes?
    the POINT is if you READ that they DONT use the tax break to BENEFIT the ECONOMY by creating jobs or raising PAY for the lowest workers!? they use to enrich THEMSELVES so they can buy more HOUSES, JETS and YACHTS!!
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: big tax LIE

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    the POINT is if you READ that they DONT use the tax break to BENEFIT the ECONOMY by creating jobs or raising PAY for the lowest workers!? they use to enrich THEMSELVES so they can buy more HOUSES, JETS and YACHTS!!
    So what? Someone paying millions in taxes should get some money back to enjoy houses and yachts. Someone getting SNAP who pays no taxes but gets stuff for free shouldn't get squat.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: big tax LIE

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    So what? Someone paying millions in taxes should get some money back to enjoy houses and yachts. Someone getting SNAP who pays no taxes but gets stuff for free shouldn't get squat.
    i guess joe your 1 of those CARNAL christians that the bible is so CRITICAL OF!? you have your REWARD!?
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: big tax LIE

    Does your SNAP benefits pay for your internet access?
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: big tax LIE

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Does your SNAP benefits pay for your internet access?
    why you askin ME joe your the EXPERT on WELFARE!? gotta wonder WHY!?
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: big tax LIE

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    why you askin ME joe your the EXPERT on WELFARE!? gotta wonder WHY!? :
    Because I have a good friend who's a welfare worker.

    .
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: big tax LIE

    so they have free internet in hawaii!? who would want to set in the house on a computer when you live in paradise!? or has paradise become a JUNGLE over there!? depends on the ISLAND i suppose!? tell us joe...what's WRONG with paradise!?
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: big tax LIE

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    so they have free internet in hawaii!? who would want to set in the house on a computer when you live in paradise!? or has paradise become a JUNGLE over there!? depends on the ISLAND i suppose!? tell us joe...what's WRONG with paradise!?
    I read this and thought possibly Joe had his laptop at the beach. Took me back to a post made by dchristie years ago. Said he was on the beach laying next to a beautiful gal. Everyone went ballistic. asking why would he be posting on Scam.com if he was on the beach with a beautiful gal. lol

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: big tax LIE

    Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    I read this and thought possibly Joe had his laptop at the beach. Took me back to a post made by dchristie years ago. Said he was on the beach laying next to a beautiful gal. Everyone went ballistic. asking why would he be posting on Scam.com if he was on the beach with a beautiful gal. lol
    More like sitting at Star Bucks and using free Wi-Fi.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: big tax LIE

    i pay 50 a month for wifi!! TOO MUCH!! they have a MONOPOLY in my area!!
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: big tax LIE

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    i pay 50 a month for wifi!! TOO MUCH!! they have a MONOPOLY in my area!
    $50 a month is cheap for wifi.

    Or are you a cheapskate? I have wifi and it costs $100 a month from Hawaiian Telcom.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: big tax LIE

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    $50 a month is cheap for wifi.

    Or are you a cheapskate? I have wifi and it costs $100 a month from Hawaiian Telcom.
    wasn't THAT long ago it was 19.99 until they got the monopoly going!! i'd go to starbucks before i'd pay 100!!
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: big tax LIE

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    wasn't THAT long ago it was 19.99 until they got the monopoly going!! i'd go to starbucks before i'd pay 100!!
    So you are cheap!

    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: big tax LIE

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    So you are cheap!

    i wasnt born rich like you or big enough to BULLY what i want!! and NO i dont SUPPORT GREED!! unless someone PAID me TO!! so who's YOUR SUGAR DADDY!?
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •