+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 41

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    2,875

    What is the meaning of life, in one word.

    All answers to this question are invited, religious, non religious and other, but back them up with a bit of script. Time for a bit of deep thinking on this platform.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: What is the meaning of life, in one word.

    thats easy.........MEANINGOFLIFE.....
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    2,875

    Re: What is the meaning of life, in one word.

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    thats easy.........MEANINGOFLIFE.....
    Top marks for sarcasm Lexx. Gonna have to make you an honorary Irish man.

    No takers on that one? Too much for the bible bashers haha? OR have they built a TRAMP wall against invaders and refuse to acknowledge the existence of anything outside US borders. Let me break it down for Y'ALL. Life, as in the personal sense. Life, as in "all human life" or life, as in "all life". Anyone got anything or is life just meaningLESS but not MEMEless. BRING IT ON. One lil itty bitty word.

    This went up on another site and got hundreds of submissions.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: What is the meaning of life, in one word.

    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    2,875

    Re: What is the meaning of life, in one word.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    One word Joe. Maybe I should have said, one of your own. Don't they teach you to count o'r there. Lexx is in the lead with a sarcastic effort but at least it was an effort. Incidentally, where the eff is everyone. All hidin in the bomb shelters waitin for Daddy to jump on the button

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: What is the meaning of life, in one word.

    Living

    Life is about the living and how you live your life.
    Last edited by Joecool44; 08-11-2017 at 04:12 PM.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    2,875

    Re: What is the meaning of life, in one word.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Living
    Bit of script with that Joe. RTFI. Read the fcukin instructions . Wheres your christian values???

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: What is the meaning of life, in one word.

    Quote Originally Posted by chesty View Post
    Top marks for sarcasm Lexx. Gonna have to make you an honorary Irish man.

    No takers on that one? Too much for the bible bashers haha? OR have they built a TRAMP wall against invaders and refuse to acknowledge the existence of anything outside US borders. Let me break it down for Y'ALL. Life, as in the personal sense. Life, as in "all human life" or life, as in "all life". Anyone got anything or is life just meaningLESS but not MEMEless. BRING IT ON. One lil itty bitty word.

    This went up on another site and got hundreds of submissions.
    in the first place who gave you permission to........on the other hand are YOu saving up some punchline for a FINAL!? on another NOTE as the TUNE travels, i coulda said MEANING!! sing me a song of six pence....catch me in the WRY!? where's my DRUMMER!!
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    2,875

    Re: What is the meaning of life, in one word.

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    in the first place who gave you permission to........on the other hand are YOu saving up some punchline for a FINAL!? on another NOTE as the TUNE travels, i coulda said MEANING!! sing me a song of six pence....catch me in the WRY!? where's my DRUMMER!!
    Permission to hand out honorary citizenship's sought after by a number of US presidents? My cousin works in immigration so I could swing it. Corruption has its roots in Ireland . "The first place" and "the other hand", that's like Rocky's system of counting, 1 followed by B.
    This is NOT a trick question Lexx and there is possibly no right answer, just personal opinions so I have no final punchline.
    Here is the best answer I have seen on another site. I have copied and pasted to stick with tradition.

    "Continuance.

    I assume you mean “life” as in “all life” and not simply each individual human life? We (living creatures) are conceived, we are born, we live, we grow, we learn, we gather knowledge, we pass our knowledge and our genetics on to the following generation and then we die. We are just rungs on a ladder to the next level. Like the salmon who are born in the rivers, swim to the sea and return to the river of their birth to battle hard and die there but pass on their lives to the next generation, to move ever forward. This is our immortality. The continuance of life! And this continuance has gone on, without a break, since the very inception of life, the cause of which remains an unknown".

    Does that open the bidding?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: What is the meaning of life, in one word.

    continuance is a reasonable answer!? dont explain much though!! my haf bro said EXPRESSION! my DEFINITIVE answer to MEANING would be SPIRIT!! but's that's my own deduction! i think joe will agree with me too!!
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    2,875

    Re: What is the meaning of life, in one word.

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    continuance is a reasonable answer!? dont explain much though!! my haf bro said EXPRESSION! my DEFINITIVE answer to MEANING would be SPIRIT!! but's that's my own deduction! i think joe will agree with me too!!
    Really? A reasonable answer? That was an answer followed by a qualifying explanation and life has continued without pause since its inception but that answer is open to challenge on the grounds that's it refers more to "purpose" than "meaning".

    Ask your "half Bro" (not sure if that refers to one parent in common or if he's missing 50% of his body parts) for a paragraph explaining "EXPRESSION" and a bit of "script" from you on "SPIRIT".

    I thought I might have provoked a bit of "non meme" brain activity but not to be.

    JOE will definitly agree with you coz he got nutin and I stand under a hostile flag (Irish Americans will not agree with that). Anyway, I ride a Harley and its still flying the original flag so that gives me somethin

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: What is the meaning of life, in one word.

    Quote Originally Posted by chesty View Post
    Really? A reasonable answer? That was an answer followed by a qualifying explanation and life has continued without pause since its inception but that answer is open to challenge on the grounds that's it refers more to "purpose" than "meaning".

    Ask your "half Bro" (not sure if that refers to one parent in common or if he's missing 50% of his body parts) for a paragraph explaining "EXPRESSION" and a bit of "script" from you on "SPIRIT".

    I thought I might have provoked a bit of "non meme" brain activity but not to be.

    JOE will definitely agree with you coz he got nutin and I stand under a hostile flag (Irish Americans will not agree with that). Anyway, I ride a Harley and its still flying the original flag so that gives me somethin
    ok spirit IS meaning!! or VALUE if you prefer.......1 parent in common for sure! how about a pic of your bike! i'm a smaller guy i rode the jap stuff! road and dirt bikes. on the subject of continuance spirit is eternal! i can also add the spirit expresses thru life/existence.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    2,875

    Re: What is the meaning of life, in one word.

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    ok spirit IS meaning!! or VALUE if you prefer.......1 parent in common for sure! how about a pic of your bike! i'm a smaller guy i rode the jap stuff! road and dirt bikes. on the subject of continuance spirit is eternal! i can also add the spirit expresses thru life/existence.
    When I read this question on the other forum and read through the many offerings, I thought all the answers were shallow and personal but then I considered it further and realized that life means different things to different people at different times and many just find it meaningless. As regards all life in general, who knows if it even has a meaning or even a purpose. I suppose for it to have a meaning, would take a plan of whatever is responsible for life existing (if anything is responsible) and that opens further questions and brings us right back to the fundamental questions of "who are we, what are we, where did we come from and where are we going. Fcuk it, live in the moment and watch out in the rear view for the consequences haha.
    Name:  IMG mine.JPG
Views: 91
Size:  198.1 KB
    Long road trip planned for next year on this beast so that's next years meaning of life sorted out. GOALS, now theres an answer to the meaning of life.Make the bucket list and work through it.
    Last edited by chesty; 08-14-2017 at 12:41 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: What is the meaning of life, in one word.

    yah that's a HEAVY hunk a metal and i know when i rode on long trips i really liked my custom BACKREST!!
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    2,875

    Re: What is the meaning of life, in one word.

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    yah that's a HEAVY hunk a metal and i know when i rode on long trips i really liked my custom BACKREST!!
    The back rest is for her ladyship and she can be my back rest. Lean on me with a new meaning. For better or worse. She weighs in at 88 lb so gonna need a bungee rope . Meat loaf got outta hell on similar so maybe I'll get into Heaven (somehow I doubt that). Stars and stripes are staying on it. I'll stick the tacky lookin Irish plate somewhere else. Whats goin down over in politics???

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: What is the meaning of life, in one word.

    oh just info wars between me and joe the joo!?
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •