+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

Congressman Jack Murtha. Col. USMC, ret.

Isn't it interesting and notable that a man such as Jack Murtha, a
    Congressman, chosen by his people, an Elder Statesman, 32 year
    veteran of the USMC, two purple hearts and DSC, in combat for many
    years, has walked through the fire of combat engagement, seen
    the blood and gore up front and personal, saw men he loved and
    cared for killed and maimed, now, deciding to speak up, state
    how he sees things, at present, is instantly defamed by being called
    a coward and accused of "cutting and running."
    How many of these accusers, slanderers have personally known his
    experience that he has built his wisdom upon? I mean it, REALLY?
    We have a President that suggest he fufilled his military duty in the
    ANG, regardless of how lame and insufficient the tenure and
    performnance of service was. Another one of those "arrangements"
    for the privileged, performed in a sad and sorry manner, at that.
    A Vice President that sought and was granted multiple deferrments.
    "They" asked in uniform, presently active military executive officers
    and other lower grade military personnel their opinions... what would one
    expect their reply would be? What is sought, of course... condeming
    Mr. Murtha. Does one expect that these career military personnel
    would endanger their positions, commit career suicide? WHat do you
    think happened to Colin Powell... "old soldiers never die, they just
    fade away...;Gen. Dougls MacArthur, after standing up to Harry Truman
    over pursuing the Chicoms on to their own territory, from which they
    were launching attacks on our forces.
    What is the military service record and experience of all of these "others"
    that have so quickly leapt to the fore and handily condemed an
    honorable and wise man? How many of these same individuals have
    sent their sons and daughters. husbands and wives off to war? What
    are their credentials that qualify them to so quickly, soundly defame
    this elder statesman?
    It would be interesting to know, to a a person: man, woman, what their
    REAL personal qualifications are, that they suggest endorses, qualifies
    their right, AUTHORITY, to speak out against him.
    They suggest that he "was once hawkish", "was for the Iraq invasion".
    Now he's seemed to have changed." Isn't it scary that these individuals
    fail, refuse, choose to be blinded by the difference between the past,
    when there was just a lot of talking and then action was taken to engage
    our nation and its' people in this conflict and what has occured, developed
    since then? What has actually taken place?
    Wisdom is based on real time events, developments: what was planned,
    discussed, agreed upon THEN, versus what has transpired since then,
    especially to present.
    How many human beings and how much of the nations money and
    materials are going to reasonably be invested in this war before we
    the people say: ENOUGH!?
    Last count, the war expenditures was: over $400 billion.
    This past week it was announced that 12,000 plus flak jackets were
    being recalled as insfficient protection.
    No one yet has came up with a solution for stopping IED and vehicle
    murder bombers.
    Lou Dobbs tonight, CNN poll, Friday evening, 11/18/2005:
    Stay the course or regroup; 13 percent TOTAL between the two.
    Pull out withing 6 months: 87 percent.
    This is "we the people" speaking. How can the politicans ignore us?
    Arrogance and intentionally ignoring what is good for the nation;
    perhaps, maybe, when all the "PORK" projects and fat no bid contracts
    to the various military and industrial corporations has been fufilled. :mad:

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

Re: Congressman Jack Murtha. Col. USMC, ret.

Correction to my previous post concerning Congressman Murtha. His first
    name is John, not Jack and his major decoration, besides two Purple Heart
    is the Bronze Start, not DSC.
    Otherwise, everything else stands.
    Thanks...

Yes a REAL live hero and there is at least ONE on this board that says he supports our military and yet was all for this military hero being defamed.

Unreal isn't it? Sometimes one has to wonder who some here really support, Bush or the military.

Namaste'

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by coontie
    Isn't it interesting and notable that a man such as Jack Murtha, a 32 year veteran of the USMC, two purple hearts and DSC, in combat for many years, has walked through the fire of combat engagement, seen
    the blood and gore up front and personal, saw men he loved and
    cared for killed and maimed, now, deciding to speak up, state
    how he sees things, at present, is instantly defamed by being called
    a coward and accused of "cutting and running."
    Well since you obviously served with this man, otherwise the descriptive words may be heresay (others opinions), please list where you witnessed all of these heroic acts. Please! Murtha was embarrassed by his plan, and now the spinsters are trying to reformulate what he said into something palatable. OHHHHHHHH......He really meant to just bring the troops out to a more tactical position.....NOT, He never said that. He called for a complete withdrawl. Period. Don't try to redefine the stupidity of that foolistic plan please.
    Quote Originally Posted by coontie
    How many of these accusers, slanderers have personally known his
    experience that he has built his wisdom upon? I mean it, REALLY?
    We have a President that suggest he fufilled his military duty in the
    ANG, regardless of how lame and insufficient the tenure and
    performnance of service was. Another one of those "arrangements"
    for the privileged, performed in a sad and sorry manner, at that.
    Again, since you obviously served on the Texas Air National Guard to have such a profound declaration, please state who your commander was. For the record. It better match up with someone who actually lived in Texas.

You are throwing out conjecture and spin. C'mon coontie, you understand that you shouldn't throw allegations out there without proof! Others might interpret your accusations as testimony. Which one of the aformentioned individuals did you serve with? Murtha? Bush? I say neither!

Please preface your allegations with, "I heard this from michael moore" or "this is what the leftie whacko websites are wanting me to say" or "this is what I theororize". You'll be a little more convincing that way. Good try coon!

Actually Raider, if you were paying attention you would have figured out, because Coontie has told us, that he did serve in the military.

And you just spat on a soldier who fought for your freedom to post what you just did. Aren't you feeling ever so grateful now?

LM
    Last edited by sojustask; 11-21-2005 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Actually Raider, if you were paying attention you would have figured out, because Coontie has told us, that she did serve in the military.

And you just spat on a soldier who fought for your freedom to post what you just did. Aren't you feeling ever so grateful now?

LM
    Did "Mr." Coontie serve with Murtha or Bush?
    It appears that I'm a tad more observant than you give me credit for. Not only did I already know that Coon served, I also knew that "he" was a male.
    Thanx for your exposition of attempting to embarrass while looking at the three fingers pointing back upon your own face.

If you don't understand what I mean, go ahead and point a finger at me --- and then look at how many you have pointing at yourself. This is the debacle that the Democratic party find themselves in right now. They're trying to place blame without realizing that they're an institutional part of the original problem. To make political hay out of something that cannot be retracted or reversed, is foolhearty at best. Gather round, support the troops, pray for victory and THEN bring them home. This mission IS NOT going to be a Vietnam, the 75% of the right-wing that still supports the mission will block feeble attempts by the left to denegrade their service or their mission. They're fighting for a good cause believe it or not. I want to bring them home victorious, not humbled.

Actually Raider, if you were paying attention you would have figured out, because Coontie has told us, that he did serve in the military.

LM
    Thanx for changing the he/she problem.

I never spat on Coon! Show me where I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider
    Did "Mr." Coontie serve with Murtha or Bush?
    It appears that I'm a tad more observant than you give me credit for. Not only did I already know that Coon served, I also knew that "he" was a male.
    Thanx for your exposition of attempting to embarrass while looking at the three fingers pointing back upon your own face.
    Keep talking, you are much more entertaining than Pwrone was. My fingers got ahead of me, I didn't catch the error until I looked back over the post. Occassionally that happens when one types as fast as I do.

If you don't understand what I mean, go ahead and point a finger at me --- and then look at how many you have pointing at yourself. This is the debacle that the Democratic party find themselves in right now. They're trying to place blame without realizing that they're an institutional part of the original problem. To make political hay out of something that cannot be retracted or reversed, is foolhearty at best. Gather round, support the troops, pray for victory and THEN bring them home. This mission IS NOT going to be a Vietnam, the 75% of the right-wing that still supports the mission will block feeble attempts by the left to denegrade their service or their mission. They're fighting for a good cause believe it or not. I want to bring them home victorious, not humbled.
    You are so full of it and so pathetic to boot. If you don't think war is a humbling experience then maybe you should send one of your own kids as soon as possible to serve. They can tell you all about it since it's apparent that you didn't serve in the military yourself.

This mission already is Vietnam. There is no way to win. We won when we achieved the objective of removing Saddam. We lost honor when it was found out that the country never posed a threat to us in the first place.

You better look at that right support again. Seems like a lot of them are having some serious second thoughts about the wisdom of "Staying the Course".

Let's give the troops a choice. No loss of honor either way they choose. Stay and play target practice for the insurgents to shoot at OR come back home right away to family and a welcoming nation and live their lives.

Finger pointing, you're a riot.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Raider
    Thanx for changing the he/she problem.

I never spat on Coon! Show me where I did.
    Your response back to him was one big wet loogie.

And you intended it to be. Don't go to lieing now.

Lady Mod

Keep talking, you are much more entertaining than Pwrone was. My fingers got ahead of me, I didn't catch the error until I looked back over the post. Occassionally that happens when one types as fast as I do.

You are so full of it and so pathetic to boot. If you don't think war is a humbling experience then maybe you should send one of your own kids as soon as possible to serve. They can tell you all about it since it's apparent that you didn't serve in the military yourself.

This mission already is Vietnam. There is no way to win. We won when we achieved the objective of removing Saddam. We lost honor when it was found out that the country never posed a threat to us in the first place.

You better look at that right support again. Seems like a lot of them are having some serious second thoughts about the wisdom of "Staying the Course".

Let's give the troops a choice. No loss of honor either way they choose. Stay and play target practice for the insurgents to shoot at OR come back home right away to family and a welcoming nation and live their lives.

Lady Mod

Nicely said. Bullseye. Too bad they don't play the game that way. I wonder if Raider would enlist. Uh..wait a minute..He could enlist right now. I hear they're taking pretty much anybody who can fog a mirror at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by dchristie
    Nicely said. Bullseye. Too bad they don't play the game that way. I wonder if Raider would enlist. Uh..wait a minute..He could enlist right now. I hear they're taking pretty much anybody who can fog a mirror at this point.

Ya, I heard that too, but I don't think his "Patriotism" runs that deeply.

LOL

You are a very slow typer. I know some of the time was taken up writing that PM to Scambuster but geez, you've been 5 minutes replying to this thread already.

LM

Lady Mod
    Pardon the spaces, but I'm about to conduct a real conversation with my 14 year old son. His name is Zach. I'm going to include spaces between our conversation.

hey buddy, what kind of job would you have that I would be proudest of?

president doctor cop fireman mechanic military

Would I encourage you to fight proudly and with honor in the Armed Forces?

yes

Which branch would you choose?

idk

Would I be proud if yuo were fighting in Iraq?

yes

Have I encouraged you to think of serving your country in the military?

yes

Well, in 4 more years he can write home from Iraq if Bush has his way and tell you what a humbling experience it is to fight in a war. Then you can report back what you learned from that future conversation.

Or maybe by then it will be a Democrat pulling us out of that quagmire Bush got us into and you'll be spared the worry of wondering if he is dead or alive when you don't hear from him for weeks and weeks.

It took you ten minutes for that?

I'm glad your son shows patriotism in his limited wisdom of how the world turns thus far. Perhaps he can teach you a few lessons in the next 4 years.

Lady Mod

Ya, I heard that too, but I don't think his "Patriotism" runs that deeply.

LOL
    F off. You and you buddy crusty are the new turd blossoms. It is you two that are the Pathetic Punks.

Goodnite NTB :mad:

Well, in 4 more years he can write home from Iraq if Bush has his way and tell you what a humbling experience it is to fight in a war. Then you can report back what you learned from that future conversation.

Or maybe by then it will be a Democrat pulling us out of that quagmire Bush got us into and you'll be spared the worry of wondering if he is dead or alive when you don't hear from him for weeks and weeks.

It took you ten minutes for that?

I'm glad your son shows patriotism in his limited wisdom of how the world turns thus far. Perhaps he can teach you a few lessons in the next 4 years.

Lady Mod
    How sad... He's passing down the brainwashing straight to the kid...the same way it was probably done to him-training the kid to be a useful idiot just like daddy. Ha,.ha Let's practice our goose stepping now son. Santa's gonna bring you a GUN this year if you're a good boy!