+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Immortality, a gift of God

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    or how about you can FIND it but it cant be KNOWN (by all!?) for all are not WORTHY to find it!? they deserve no more than hints and clues to improve their worthiness and objective curiosity!?
    Well, you could Google it.

taken as just words we can interpret many ways!? does power lie!? meaning deceive or recline!? and at what place does this happen!? something about the towel of babel just popped into my thinking!? can man reason his way into heaven!? or can he only reason his way out of hell!?
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

taken as just words we can interpret many ways!? does power lie!? meaning deceive or recline!? and at what place does this happen!? something about the towel of babel just popped into my thinking!? can man reason his way into heaven!? or can he only reason his way out of hell!?
    Jaysus, (the Irish exclamation version of "Jesus") Why do you refuse to google it? Anyway, the answer given is "where people believe it to be. This question was asked with regards to one of your pet subjects, Politics. Basically, people, in general, are dumb asses and will swallow whatever is the best story spun to them. I found the quote very relevant.

oh SORRY i thought it was an OPEN ENDED question i've never seen the show and thought your google remark was a quip on my earlier google remark!?
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

oh SORRY i thought it was an OPEN ENDED question i've never seen the show and thought your google remark was a quip on my earlier google remark!?
    And? In reply to my long drawn out effort. On the point I made? Nothing again? There's no fish left in this pond, think I'll jump back in the sea. I was warned about this.

long drawn out effort on WHAT point exactly!? but i went and reread the thread to see if i could find 1!? so what'a your recommendation on HOW to enjoy living!? is that what we have made politics all about!? and where does this POWER lie for YOU!? and how would you define it!?

long drawn out effort on WHAT point exactly!? but i went and reread the thread to see if i could find 1!? so what'a your recommendation on HOW to enjoy living!? is that what we have made politics all about!? and where does this POWER lie for YOU!? and how would you define it!?
    The point is, People are idiots (in general) they are gullible. They can be made believe anything by someone or something appealing enough. This part of the forum is regarding religious scams etc. Religion, politics, all the same in essence. Its not about where anything lies to ME. Its about how people are easily duped to follow the most convincing leader or argument. I couldnt care less if they all follow a white line that leads to a hole in the ground or an alien spaceship come to harvest them. I will be walking the opposite way. Now, theres effort in an answer. I never speak in riddles. What i say is what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by chesty View Post
    The point is, People are idiots (in general) they are gullible. They can be made believe anything by someone or something appealing enough. This part of the forum is regarding religious scams etc. Religion, politics, all the same in essence. Its not about where anything lies to ME. Its about how people are easily duped to follow the most convincing leader or argument. I couldnt care less if they all follow a white line that leads to a hole in the ground or an alien spaceship come to harvest them. I will be walking the opposite way. Now, theres effort in an answer. I never speak in riddles. What i say is what I mean.
    how about.... " i'm nobodies fool" for short!? but on another note why do people WANT this comfort of following leadership you might say!? is it a natural part of human psychology a good trait designed to make parenting easier!? and then social integration an automatic yearning!?

how about.... " i'm nobodies fool" for short!? but on another note why do people WANT this comfort of following leadership you might say!? is it a natural part of human psychology a good trait designed to make parenting easier!? and then social integration an automatic yearning!?
    Ah. Thats a good one. Freuds view on God was that he regarded God as an illusion, based on the infantile need for a powerful father figure; religion, necessary to help us restrain violent impulses earlier in the development of civilization, can now be set aside in favor of reason and science. Thats copied straight from WIKI so forgive my laziness. I don't totally agree with him as, it could be shown, that the god concept has been used in one form or another as a justification for violent acts. However, religions did initially help humans to form large social groups. Unfortunately, as is always the case, branches grow more branches and now religion is more of a conflicted mess. But your point of needing leadership is well founded in human behavior.

DESTROY CHESTY THE SNAKE!