+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Immortality, a gift of God

In heaven, angels are in the presence of God and are therefore immortal. On earth, when God and His angels were in paradise, all creatures were immortal. When paradise fell all earthly creatures were no longer in the presence of God, they therefore became mortal creatures. Christianity proposes salvation, whereby humans saved from death become immortal. Creatures cannot make themselves immortal; it depends on the will of God. The condition for immortality appears to be contingent on being in the presence of God.

How about Satan? It is a perplexing problem. Assuming Satan was once in heaven as an obedient servant of God, what happened when he was expelled from heaven? Apparently, Satan has retained his immortality. However, Satan, imprisoned in a material universe where all creatures after the fall of paradise are mortal, may be in danger of losing immortality. It may depend on the future of the universe. According to Laws of Atrophy, eventually, our material universe will self-destruct. What will be the fate of Satan? I propose Satan will also disappear with the universe. God’s problem with his rebellious angel will be solved. How about the fate of humankind?

Humans were born as mortal creatures. Humans live, die, and turn to dust. If it were not for symbolic communication abilities, humans would be like other species, a part of the natural order. Social justice issues related to humans’ mortal fate may be philosophical, theological, or sociological insofar as they relate to the human condition. Regardless of the framework for discussion, immortality is a crucial topic for the fate of humans.
    Last edited by Cnance; 06-19-2017 at 10:20 PM.

Re: Immortality, a gift of God

Based on reading the Bible, it is knowing Jesus that gets you to heaven.

John 14:6
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Based on reading the Bible, it is knowing Jesus that gets you to heaven.

John 14:6
    Does it say anything about security staff on the "gate"? Or do you just scan in using a token? Is it deeds or words or the content of a lunatics dreams that you are judged on. As "god" is purported to be omnipotent then "god" will know what was, what is and what will be. The immediate result of a deed could be bad but the knock on final result of that same deed may be good. So, is that Deed good or bad? How does that work? Somebody killed Joseph Stalin when he was a boy. MURDERER but this single killing has saved millions of lives but only someone who's aware of what will be could know this. Is he a murderer or a saviour? 😱😱😱 Does he make it in? And that is a rhetorical question.

actually, cnance made a different kind of post and it's interesting!!maybe by vacation it turns out he is taking a vacation from his OLD postings and starting something new and relevant in a way we can maybe relate to!? immortality is with god and we can discus the how and why it relates to humanity if it does at all!?
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

[QUOTE=lexx;1970423]actually, cnance made a different kind of post and it's interesting!!maybe by vacation it turns out he is taking a vacation from his OLD postings and starting something new and relevant in a way we can maybe relate to!? immortality is with god and we can discus the how and why it relates to humanity if it does at all!? [

I think you should have worked out by now that debating anything with that man is impossible. Even before I appeared, you were at war with his lunacy. He thought he could grind me down with his hellfire and damnation and I just laughed at his best. He went right to the bottom of his pile to insult me but it didn't work. He sees himself as a world renowned authority on everything religious (and perhaps he is). He agrees with bits of this and bits of that (as it suits him) and the remaining missing pieces, he dreams. I wonder what his great deeds to humanity are other than to declare it as a nest of sinners. He is judgemental of all I'm order to elevate himself above all. I could go on with my psychological analysis and refer to mother issues but that would just be me winding him up. I'll leave it there 😴😴😴

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    actually, cnance made a different kind of post and it's interesting!!maybe by vacation it turns out he is taking a vacation from his OLD postings and starting something new and relevant in a way we can maybe relate to!? immortality is with god and we can discus the how and why it relates to humanity if it does at all!?
    Unlike foul mouth chesty, you didn't dip into the filth pool. As for your inaccurate observation, my comments about immortality are consistent with my dream revelations. For each revelation, I applied my thinking skills to derive conclusions. I spend time reading theological treatises and have found I have a different perspective. I know, of course, you dislike anything I post about what I know. You and chesty just blast away without reading anything, you are both closed minded idiots. What's new! Nevertheless, others may have an interest.
    Last edited by Cnance; 06-20-2017 at 12:23 PM.

Well there you go lexx. You threw the mangy cur a bone and he turns and bites you on the arse. I'll let you deal with him on this one. Didn't take him long to fulfil my prophecy haha 😂😂😂😂

Everything in the world is temporary, or subject to physical laws. Paradise during the dinosaur era was the only period in the universe where time stood still, the entire planet was aglow with God's holy light. Humans are collateral damage from the fall of paradise.

God's creatures on earth have suffered from the consequences of Satan's rebellion. Many would say, why doesn't God just eliminate Satan. It is a human question for which there is no answer. It is difficult if not impossible to understand the supernatural world. What I know is God and heaven are in another dimension of reality, one in which there are no quarks, atoms, dark energy, etc. Evidently, God created the universe to match Satan's dark evil nature. Humans are collateral damage from the fall of paradise. I know, that is just not right. There are so many human principles to apply, but God doesn't really care. What I have tried to do is understand things from God's perspective. In some ways it is depressing, but there is no other alternative, unless you want to be a God hater. I don't think God pays much attention to human complaints.

Here is an idea for God haters. Build a robot and make it just like your ideal god. The problem is you can never make your robot create a single thing. Also, your robot will eventually wear out, and it won't do very much.

I think it is a big deal to know God is a duality. Before God created the first angel, He was his own companion. If you want evidence for God's duality, do a scientific study. You'll find a lot of duality in nature. Pairs are everywhere! It is God's DNA on creation.

What I know is there is no immortality without being in the presence of God. There would be no purpose to being immortal without God. What visions, things, or ideas would one relate to without God? They would all be idols. In God's presence one would be immortal because it would be compatible with God's essence and being. In other words, God would not tolerate a being who ages or disintegrates in its presence. God created angels to enjoy eternity in a heavenly party. Therefore, angels in heaven are compatible with God's eternal nature.
    Last edited by Cnance; 06-20-2017 at 12:24 PM.

oh yeah it was a SPIDER LOOKING for FLY PLOY!! and as you say chesty he is never gonna give up the RANT about his dreams and conclusions cuz if he did he'd have to deal with the DEMON that sent him!?
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

oh yeah it was a SPIDER LOOKING for FLY PLOY!! and as you say chesty he is never gonna give up the RANT about his dreams and conclusions cuz if he did he'd have to deal with the DEMON that sent him!?
    One of the things thats bugging me about these purported dreams is that I KNOW they are not dreams in the REM SLEEP sense of dreaming. Dreams simply do not commit to memory in such vivid detail and could not be relayed as accurately. His compositions are simply fictitious (obviously) accounts from his warped mind. My feeling is that he is looking for some sort of an invitation to write a book on these "dreams". His other 2 books kinda bombed and I cant even find them reviewed. A failed author looking for a new angle. Am I attempting to justify this lunacy???? Somebody stop me pleeeeeeeze

we tend to judge everything by what WE know or experience!? and yes normally dreams are not fully remembered especially after tim has passed!? but who can say that we are all the same in that regard!? and WHY!? a whole nuther topic i guess!? i mean i dont have a problem with relating a dream i do have a problem with the conclusions drawn from such you might say!?

i mean i dont have a problem with relating a dream
    Really. In the detail he describes? Then you are both unique. I have read quite a lot of sleep studies. Dreams rarely make sense and therefore, your conscious mind does not totally relate to them. They can be vivid in parts but fade within minutes. Dreaming, as you said, is a whole nuther issue. Trust me, he is not describing a dream. He is well capable of writing fiction.

"Everything in the world is temporary, or subject to physical laws. Paradise during the dinosaur era was the only period in the universe where time stood still, the entire planet was aglow with God's holy light".

Paradise? Really? Wouldn't I just love to drop you in the middle of the Cretaceous Period and have a big T Rex tune you up. See what you make of paradise then you fool. Its interesting that ALL god claimers completely missed any reference to Dinosaurs until science revealed their prior existence. So, you dream fill the chasm?

"What I know is God and heaven are in another dimension of reality, one in which there are no quarks, atoms, dark energy"

And you laughed at the idea of parallel universes

"Here is an idea for God haters. Build a robot and make it just like your ideal god"

Don't you get it you illiterate idiot. Its you who needs a god and its you who has built a god. We don't need one so no need to build one.

"Pairs are everywhere! It is God's DNA on creation"

Salma Hayek got a great pair . Way to go god dude yay

"What I know is there is no immortality without being in the presence of God"

Why do you want immorality? Do you fear death? I'm bored already. I cant imagine trying to find something interesting to do for eternity. Not my idea of paradise. Careful what you think you wish for, you just might get it and you're mad enough already. Read The Jaunt by Stephen King. Scary.
    Last edited by chesty; 06-23-2017 at 03:24 AM.

well i suppose immortality opens up many more possibilities than we are used to a whole nuther entertaining experience!?

well i suppose immortality opens up many more possibilities than we are used to a whole nuther entertaining experience!?
    We could and should begin with a list of pros and cons as its always been, popularly, accepted as a pro but that's just to do with fear of death (death being understood as everything's final limit) Mors ultima linea rerum est

well certain disciplines say you have to be conscious to survive death, well...... consciously!? what we call conscious is just waking UNconsciousness!? a shared dream if you will!? bible says death is SLEEP but also says our awake is sleep too!? must be degrees of sleep!? i know when i wake up nowadays it takes time to be fully functional if that happens!! depends on my prior indulgences and chosen wake up time!?