+ Reply to Thread

Travis Aporta Pretending to be a Woman

My name is Ivan and I met a girl online who I was helping to relocate to live with me, I found out by working with the police that it is actually a man named Travis Leighton Aporta. This is not something he is new to, as there have been other cases like mine. His arrest record last shows he is in Kentucky and was arrested for theft, possession of methamphetamine and heroine.

Re: Travis Aporta Pretending to be a Woman

May I suggest that you update the thread you already started on this topic instead of starting another thread.

Basically, no one has any idea what you are posting about.

See;
    https://www.scam.com/showthread.php?...94#post1944594

You already posted four months ago that you knew this was not a girl, but a guy.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by nomaxim View Post
    May I suggest that you update the thread you already started on this topic instead of starting another thread.

See;

You already posted four months ago that you knew this was not a girl, but a guy.
    I'm sorry, I'm not very good with internet and forums, but wanted to update with the new information I recieved and tell the full story

Somehow my first post got cut short. My name is Ivan, and I live in Louisville, KY. One day I responded to a personal ad on Craigslist. It was posted by a very nice girl who was in Iowa and we began texting for some time. Basically, she was stranded in Iowa and wanted to come home to Louisville, KY.
    After texting awhile I decided to help her. She had her own car but needed help getting here. I sent her money and she ended up giving several excuses as to why she didn't leave yet. I know it was stupid now, but I ended up sending her money to leave and come here several times. Every time she kept giving excuse why she couldn't come. Finally I told her she could still come here if she wanted but I wouldn't send anymore money. After that, she quit talking to me.
    It turns out that the whole time I was talking to a man named Travis Leighton Aporta. Since some of the money was sent Western Union I was able to contact the police in Ottumwa, IA where the money was picked up. Travis is seen on camera picking up the money. The girl I was speaking to was named Casey, which is also a boys name, and with a test question this allowed him to pick up the money. He is even seen texting me on camera while he is picking up the money.
    The local police say that they are not the least bit surprised. He is wanted for questioning in similar cases and currently is wanted there on other unrelated charges.
    It turns out he did end up making it back to Kentucky cause since this occurred he has been arrested here a few times for theft, receiving stolen property, cold checks, possession of heroin, methamphetamine and synthetic drugs.
    I was embarrassed to tell anyone at first because I felt so stupid for falling for such a stupid lie. But, u have to understand, we talked for a long time by texting and I really thought I was talking to a woman because of our conversations and the things we said.
    And to be honest, after all these long conversations, I HONESTLY had a lot of feelings for the girl I thought I was talking to.
    I probrably will never get my money back, I know that. But I think he should at least be called out for what he did. I just think it's so low to do things like this.
    There hope that clarifys what I was trying to say

Quote Originally Posted by Scaminator1 View Post
    Somehow my first post got cut short. My name is Ivan, and I live in Louisville, KY. One day I responded to a personal ad on Craigslist. It was posted by a very nice girl who was in Iowa and we began texting for some time. Basically, she was stranded in Iowa and wanted to come home to Louisville, KY.
    After texting awhile I decided to help her. She had her own car but needed help getting here. I sent her money and she ended up giving several excuses as to why she didn't leave yet. I know it was stupid now, but I ended up sending her money to leave and come here several times. Every time she kept giving excuse why she couldn't come. Finally I told her she could still come here if she wanted but I wouldn't send anymore money. After that, she quit talking to me.
    It turns out that the whole time I was talking to a man named Travis Leighton Aporta. Since some of the money was sent Western Union I was able to contact the police in Ottumwa, IA where the money was picked up. Travis is seen on camera picking up the money. The girl I was speaking to was named Casey, which is also a boys name, and with a test question this allowed him to pick up the money. He is even seen texting me on camera while he is picking up the money.
    The local police say that they are not the least bit surprised. He is wanted for questioning in similar cases and currently is wanted there on other unrelated charges.
    It turns out he did end up making it back to Kentucky cause since this occurred he has been arrested here a few times for theft, receiving stolen property, cold checks, possession of heroin, methamphetamine and synthetic drugs.
    I was embarrassed to tell anyone at first because I felt so stupid for falling for such a stupid lie. But, u have to understand, we talked for a long time by texting and I really thought I was talking to a woman because of our conversations and the things we said.
    And to be honest, after all these long conversations, I HONESTLY had a lot of feelings for the girl I thought I was talking to.
    I probrably will never get my money back, I know that. But I think he should at least be called out for what he did. I just think it's so low to do things like this.
    I did a search for you and found him. He is currently in the Shelby County Detention Center in Shelbyville, KY. For felony probation violations on what looks like drug and theft charges. I would suggest calling them at the detention center and let them know about your case.

OMG, this is too funny. I was reading the Frankfort, KY Topix forums and came across a couple of posts about this guy Travis Leighton Aporta. Well, I know Travis VERY well. We both went to the same schools in Frankfort Kentucky and used to be good friends. Ever since he graduated from highschool its been all downhill. He went to prison for like ten years for almost beating his best friend to death and burglary, and has been in and out of jail since. Seems like he has been shitting on people all over the country, and in all different ways. He steals from everyone to support his drug habit and is a total junkie now.

Even though I believe what you're saying, it's ing hilarious. What a new low for him to stoop to.

All of his old friends back here don't want anything to do with him. He disappeared from Kentucky for a few years when he moved to Iowa and came back about a year or so ago. When he started showing back up around it was real bad, he had started banging heroin from what I hear and no one wants him coming around. In fact, I talked to some other people here in Frankfort today and we had a long laugh when I told them about this.

I guess in a way I feel kinda bad for him cause he just threw his life away. But then on the other hand, he went to the same school as us and had the same opportunities but just decided not to take them and be a worthless nothing instead.

And you're right. He is currently in jail for other crimes. I looked him up on Kentucky Courts Online and it seems like people in town are right, since he's been back around he's done nothing but catch cases.

I'm sorry for what happened to you, but I wouldn't expect to see your money back. I'd just chalk it up to a lesson learned and move on.

TravisAp5 Guest

Ivan, this is Travis, I wanna start by saying your right I should be called out on it, this is in no way justifying any thing I've done. Your leaving some things out, I never texted you, my ex was the one you spoke to, you even talked to her on the phone from my understanding, to be honest at the time I paid no attention to her or what she did, I was lost in my addiction, as was she, regardless of any of that, I'd like you to E-mail me so we can talk because I'd like to work out righting this wrong and paying you back. Please contact me [email protected]

TravisAp5 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Deyman View Post
    OMG, this is too funny. I was reading the Frankfort, KY Topix forums and came across a couple of posts about this guy Travis Leighton Aporta. Well, I know Travis VERY well. We both went to the same schools in Frankfort Kentucky and used to be good friends. Ever since he graduated from highschool its been all downhill. He went to prison for like ten years for almost beating his best friend to death and burglary, and has been in and out of jail since. Seems like he has been shitting on people all over the country, and in all different ways. He steals from everyone to support his drug habit and is a total junkie now.

Even though I believe what you're saying, it's ing hilarious. What a new low for him to stoop to.

All of his old friends back here don't want anything to do with him. He disappeared from Kentucky for a few years when he moved to Iowa and came back about a year or so ago. When he started showing back up around it was real bad, he had started banging heroin from what I hear and no one wants him coming around. In fact, I talked to some other people here in Frankfort today and we had a long laugh when I told them about this.

I guess in a way I feel kinda bad for him cause he just threw his life away. But then on the other hand, he went to the same school as us and had the same opportunities but just decided not to take them and be a worthless nothing instead.

And you're right. He is currently in jail for other crimes. I looked him up on Kentucky Courts Online and it seems like people in town are right, since he's been back around he's done nothing but catch cases.

I'm sorry for what happened to you, but I wouldn't expect to see your money back. I'd just chalk it up to a lesson learned and move on.
    Alot of things that you said are accurate about me, most of them actually, sadly enough. I've been sober over 500 days which Im sure you'll downplay, and my last arrest I turned myself in after getting sober because I couldn't live with warrants. I've got alot of debris to clean and I'm just now realizing how bad it is. The people I use to be friends with shouldn't want me around, I was a real p.o.s. I never planned for addiction, I'm not making excuses for any action I've made, but your right I did destroy my life, and I'm trying to fix whatever I can be with who I can. But I wanted to clarify, you said we were good friends and you knew me "very VERY" well. There is a problem with that, I didn't go to school in Frankfort, so how did we go to school together? I've been in a few fist fights, I've never beat any one near death, especially not a friend, I was only in prison 2 years, not 10. But the reason I am pretty sure you know of me but dont know me and we weren't friends is because, before I started my road to destruction I had the most amazing friends you could ever imagine, and never would they sit around and have a good long laugh at the destruction and misfortune of another human bieng, friend, foe, or stranger.
    They were awesome.
    Glad you guys had a good time on me though. Have a good day.

Wtf00000001 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nomaxim View Post

See;

Crazy

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TravisAp5 View Post
    Ivan, this is Travis, I wanna start by saying your right I should be called out on it, this is in no way justifying any thing I've done. Your leaving some things out, I never texted you, my ex was the one you spoke to, you even talked to her on the phone from my understanding, to be honest at the time I paid no attention to her or what she did, I was lost in my addiction, as was she, regardless of any of that, I'd like you to E-mail me so we can talk because I'd like to work out righting this wrong and paying you back. Please contact me [email protected]
    I cannot believe I stumbled upon this post. This is the EX that Travis speaks of, and like always he is trying to throw someone else under the bus. For almost four years I dated Travis because I loved him and thought he loved me too. Turns out, all he did was use me for whatever he could get out of me and then turn his back on me when I finally refused to keep enabling him and giving him the lifestyle he wanted.

All throughout our relationship Travis could never keep a job, until finally we were on the verge of homelessness. At that point I started doing erotic messages (on pages like backpage) to keep our heads above water. Travis would drive me to these "appointments" and wait outside like a bodyguard until I was done. Once he realized I could make more money than him doing things (no matter how detrimental they were to me) he completely stopped trying to put any effort into making our lives better. Finally when I couldn't stand doing those things anymore I relocated us to Iowa and vowed to never do those types of things again. Travis promised to help me out and help rebuild our lives but that again was all empty promises. By this time we had the house we had always dreamed about and two cars, but once again we were facing homelessness because I couldn't do it all alone. I refused to go back to the life of Backpage ads and selling my soul, but knew i had to do something to keep us off the streets.

Thats where the scamming started. I realized that men on the internet were willing to send money if I would promise them I would relocate to live with them. Am I proud of it? Hell no. It consumed me worse than the other things. In order to pay all the bills and keep us afloat I would literally have to be on the phone 24/7. It's all my life was for about six months. Finally, I began begging Travis to help me. I couldn't do it anymore. I would cry to him and tell him that all this weight I was balancing on my shoulders was going to crumble down around me. I told him I was putting my foot down. I refused to scam anymore and we were going to lose everything. He still didn't care.

I distinctly remember Ivan and he was not my scam. When I would scam, each victim was a one time deal. I didn't develop long term relationships with them. (Not that it justifies it in any way) I had several arguments with Travis about Ivan. Travis began locking himself in our garage and began talking to men on the internet. (Mainly Ivan) Some days he would come home with 30-50 dollars he would pick up from money transfer and tell me Ivan had sent it to him. Him and Ivan probably talked for around several months if I remember correctly. I'm not proud I would scream at him and call him gay. I would call him a bitch and tell him just because I put my foot down and refused to do this crap anymore didn't mean I wanted him to. He blamed me. He blamed me because I wouldn't do it anymore. He would get mad and violent with me since it was just so easy for me to make money. It was never easy but he didn't see that, didn't see what it was doing to me on the inside. He said it was my fault because I wouldn't scam anymore.

We finally lost everything and when I had nothing left to give, he abandoned me. I was homeless and alone on the streets for the first time in my life. Even through this I still thought things were worth saving and not beyond hope. I was done with the lifestyle and drugs and wanted to leave Iowa to get away from everything there. I found Travis and convinced him to leave with me. We ended up in Kansas where we found drugs again and once again that life was more important than our relationship. He went MIA again and finally after the 2nd Thanksgiving and Christmas sitting alone and abandoned, I tapped out. Again I put my foot down but this time on our relationship.

Since that day almost three years ago my life has been nothing but all uphill. I put down drugs the day I gave up on our relationship and have been clean ever since. The memories of my life from then still haunt me and I vowed to address my guilt by trying to turn it into something positive. I wrote and published a book telling all my secrets as a scammer, a non-fiction that teaches the reader exactly how to avoid being scammed. I also run an anti romance scam blog and facebook group where I am reached out to on a daily basis by victims asking me to help them after being scammed. I charge no money for my servies and look at it as a way to pay back my debts to society for what I have done.

Travis' life has still been downhill since we split apart. He continues to go in and out of jail and struggle with his addiction. When he wrote these replies he had just been paroled, but is now back in prison after only being out a little over a month. I don't say any of that in a condesending way. I truly hope he finds sobriety and gets his life on track. All I know is that I no longer have to support a man who never really loved me and I haven't felt the hurt of a fist or what it feels like being pushed down and threatened while I cry for it all to stop.

Was I perfect? No, I was a real shithead. But my greatest crime was loving someone who didn't really care about me. I believed it was necessary to do anything for the person you loved. But now I know that's just what a narcissist tells you to keep you doing what they want. Ive heard all the things he says about me. How its all my fault and he blames me for everything. Truth is, I helped and cared for him more than anyone ever had or probably will. But, I really dont care anymore. I have changed my life and now try to help people instead. I just refuse to be thrown under the bus for something that really wasn't me. Do I think he will change? No, I don't. He uses people and then throws them away once he is done with them. They say you are the villian in someone's story and for Travis that is me. But, in all truth he is the villian in mine.