+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Do Humans Need Religion?

When did It start? The Old Testament Lord presented His chosen people with the Ten Commandments, and He admonished them for disobeying them. How would life be without Religion? Would humans be true barbarians? Psychologists have said people are too inhibited; they don’t follow basic instincts, or raw desires. Do we really need religious rules? Why can't married couples commit adultery? Why can't people kill those they hate? Why can't poor people steel from the rich?
    Last edited by Cnance; 06-03-2017 at 12:41 AM.

Re: Do Humans Need Religion?

you said people CANT do the things you mentioned and yet they CAN and DO!? you dont say WHY?! we HAVE religion but that does NOT stop such things!? and in fact MAY encourage IT!!
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    you said people CANT do the things you mentioned and yet they CAN and DO!? you dont say WHY?! we HAVE religion but that does NOT stop such things!? and in fact MAY encourage IT!!
    It is a matter of degree. Society would be chaotic if people didn't obey laws. So, yes, they violate them, but, according to criminal records, they don't do it wholesale.

yes so lawlessness has its degrees and what determines that!? has it really ever changed over time!?
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

So, do people behave themselves because they fear the law and its punishments or because they fear the wrath of god?

Quote Originally Posted by chesty View Post
    So, do people behave themselves because they fear the law and its punishments or because they fear the wrath of god?
    as to the wrath of god......what if the primary location of god’s wrath is not in god, it is in us!? god’s wrath is our experience of the total incompatibility of our sinful state before the Holiness of god!? we fear OURSELVES! and the consequences of our actions as man doles out legal punishment!? or just GO FOR IT and see what happens!? there are stories that some got lucky!? at least in this life!?
    Last edited by lexx; 06-05-2017 at 10:31 AM.

as to the wrath of god......what if the primary location of god’s wrath is not in god, it is in us!? god’s wrath is our experience of the total incompatibility of our sinful state before the Holiness of god!? we fear OURSELVES! and the consequences of our actions as man doles out legal punishment!? or just GO FOR IT and see what happens!? there are stories that some got lucky!? at least in this life!?
    As I've said. Its all about the eleventh commandment. Thou shalt not get caught"

Quote Originally Posted by chesty View Post
    As I've said. Its all about the eleventh commandment. Thou shalt not get caught"
    caught by WHOM!?man or god!?

caught by WHOM!?man or god!?
    I think that may have referred whomsoever the transgression was against, but by virtue of the fact that "god" is omnipresent, one would always be caught in the act by god. Strange how god still had to ask Cain what he had done with his brother. You think he would have known

maybe it was some kind of TEST!? to see if cain would tell the truth!?

maybe it was some kind of TEST!? to see if cain would tell the truth!?
    "His blood cries out to me from the Earth" is kinda giving it away. I think that may have worked out better for Cain. He got to move away and "know" a chick he wasn't related to . Definitely no touching on first dates back then (we would be led to believe)

maybe cnance will have a DREAM that will EXPLAIN it all how it REALLY happened!? i cant wait how about YOU!? but your reference kinda reminds me of the movie "the THING" where they touch the blood samples with a hot poker and it YELPS and JUMPS away!!

maybe cnance will have a DREAM that will EXPLAIN it all how it REALLY happened!? i cant wait how about YOU!? but your reference kinda reminds me of the movie "the THING" where they touch the blood samples with a hot poker and it YELPS and JUMPS away!!
    I think he may have crawled away to regroup. I feel the word "bastards" being uttered in anger from across the ocean. No doubt he'll be back with his own brand of comedy . Incidentally, with reference to Star Trek, due to my logical thought processes, I have been called Spock on more than one occasion but Spock lacked a sense of humour. Humour is my parallel road to logic and in places they are interchangeable.

how did he MISS this thread!? does that mean he's free to POST here while on vacation!?

Did you know (here we go with another amazing fact that the other idiot knows nothing about). To Adulterate is to spoil. Adultery referred to the corruption of the blood line and therefore only a married woman can commit adultery. NOT a man. To further clarify, if a married woman becomes pregnant with another mans child, then the blood line is corrupted. Ergo, adultery. I will refuse to answer anything the Goat of Mendes has to offer but will take part in the ridicule of the beast

as far as the TOPIC goes religion SHOULD represent the DISPERSION of GOODWILL!? any OTHER reason is kinda SELF defeating!? for that dispersion says MAN is a PROMOTER and ADHERENT to the GOOD in life beyond the ECONOMIC ASPIRATIONS of life!? science has SEEMINGLY aligned ITSELF with ECONOMIC aspirations in a DESPERATE attempt to INSTILL it's OBJECTIVE cause!?