+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scam or what?!

Scam or what?!

My husband and me are facing foreclosure on our house.so we enlisted the help of a law firm. This law firm only gave first names and claimed they didn't use account numbers. They requested $300.00 application fee,to be paid by a money gram. When we aked for an account number,they gave us,101. The Cashier at Wal-Mart stated something was terribly wrong about the situation. We think so too. So,we didn't send the money gram. The name of the business was simply,Law & Associates. It all seems so shadey.
    Brenda
    :eek:

Re: Scam or what?!

Sounds shady to me too...A real law firm wouldn't hide their identity. Find a real lawyer here - http://www.findlaw.com/

Should be obvious....Don't you have a local lawyer that you use?

Quote Originally Posted by lolligirl63@juno.com
    My husband and me are facing foreclosure on our house.so we enlisted the help of a law firm. This law firm only gave first names and claimed they didn't use account numbers. They requested $300.00 application fee,to be paid by a money gram. When we aked for an account number,they gave us,101. The Cashier at Wal-Mart stated something was terribly wrong about the situation. We think so too. So,we didn't send the money gram. The name of the business was simply,Law & Associates. It all seems so shadey.
    Brenda
    :eek:

lolligirl - You need more help than "are these guys a scam". What about "orderly payment of debts"? There should be an agency in your area that can at least tell you where you stand

Really simple: don't do business with a cyber-company. No personnel? No physical location or facility? No last names? No website? No references? No dice!

This includes banks, insurance companies, and lawyers.