+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

YTB vs. World Ventures

Looked at the World Ventures site last night and it looks like they did a copy and paste job on YTB's booking site. After looking at there comp. plan I can't figure out why someone would join their organization instead of YTB... Top money earner in YTB took home over 100k last month...

Marshall Bailey
    [email protected]
    478-410-0084

Re: YTB vs. World Ventures

Marshall, you working in the travel industry now?

I'm familiar with YTB, but not with World Ventures. My question about travel opportunities is the same as its always been: why would I book a trip with an independent rep when the price they offer is often no different than what I can get at Travelocity.

We're going to Whistler, British Columbia for about a week and a half in early December. I checked with a YTB rep for airfare, limo service, etc. and didn't find them to offer any advantages over the main travel outlets. In fact, buying tickets from Delta.com was actually cheaper than the prices we found anywhere else.

There are top-earners in every company. There are actually alot of people in the home business industry who earn $100k in a month. So, that's not a benchmark for whether a company is "good" or not.

The question is -- how many customers are YOU going to need in the business to get to your financial goal? When I look at the commissions on the travel industry, it reminds me why I didn't choose one.

Tony Rush
    http://www.tonyrush.com

hey Tony,
    haven't heard from you in awhile... thanks for posting.. doesn't look like to many people are interested in this subject..
    I am a rep with YTB and I was one before we began talking... however I orginally joined to take advantage of the commissions back when I booked thru my on web-site.. It wasn't until I started using (traveling) that I realized how good this program really is...
    Example: I book a flight with Delta - I get a very competitive price and the commission back ( I don't know where else you get a commission from airline's) plus because I met with the management and put details about the trip on my web-page. I use it as a Fam.. trip and therefore get to use it as a tax deduction...
    As for the top money earner stat. your right there are many other leaders making that much... It was just impressive to me.....
    How much business do you need to reach your financial goal??? I think we all know and I will say it here.... that the real money is in building an organization....
    We are going to Charleston, S.C. for Thanksgiving and I will have the details on my web-page once we get back...
    Again thanks for the post... hope everything is going well for you and your family...

Marshall Bailey
    [email protected]

Did you know that when a retail customer books vacation from world ventures they will be getting a small rebate back -- which will lower the overall price compared to going to Travelocity directly.
    Also, the dream trips vacation club is another great product to sell. I have several people interested in the club membership for Christmas presents. Does YTB offer that... And if your reps purchase both the dream trips and the referring travel agent products your RESIDUAL check will double -- making this income oppty even greater. Also, if my memory is correct you have to give up people to your upline right? -- i don't liek that at all. I want to get paid what I am worth -- that is why I left Wall Street.

I didn't know that about the rebate... how much is it (a percentage or fixed amount)??
    It seems a little confusing to me... If you buy 2 packages your residual doubles on what??? the web-site income??? and no we don't offer a rebate to retail customers.

We do however pay a minimum of $1300.00 everytime 6 people join you "Power Team"
    in any given amount of time... example - 12 new = 2600.00 / 18 new = 3900.00 etc. etc. etc. - Does World Ventures offer that...

As for giving people up to your upline... I believe you mean your "First Team" and no you don't have to give them up ... it is simply your uplines responsibility to help you develop this team.. you recieve a 50% match on all their commissions... I still help people on my First Team but I get alot of help from my upline....

Marshall Bailey
    [email protected]
    www.ytbnet.com/bailey

Kool-Aid Guest

Quote Originally Posted by marshall bailey
    Looked at the World Ventures site last night and it looks like they did a copy and paste job on YTB's booking site. After looking at there comp. plan I can't figure out why someone would join their organization instead of YTB... Top money earner in YTB took home over 100k last month...

Marshall Bailey
    [email protected]
    478-410-0084

How long has YTB been around? Only 100K to the top earner last month. Bummer!

OH-YEAH!!

Kool-Aid Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRush
    Marshall, you working in the travel industry now?

I'm familiar with YTB, but not with World Ventures. My question about travel opportunities is the same as its always been: why would I book a trip with an independent rep when the price they offer is often no different than what I can get at Travelocity.

We're going to Whistler, British Columbia for about a week and a half in early December. I checked with a YTB rep for airfare, limo service, etc. and didn't find them to offer any advantages over the main travel outlets. In fact, buying tickets from Delta.com was actually cheaper than the prices we found anywhere else.

There are top-earners in every company. There are actually alot of people in the home business industry who earn $100k in a month. So, that's not a benchmark for whether a company is "good" or not.

The question is -- how many customers are YOU going to need in the business to get to your financial goal? When I look at the commissions on the travel industry, it reminds me why I didn't choose one.

Tony Rush
    http://www.tonyrush.com
    Well Tony,

I wish I had your vision. I actually had to get involved before I realized that. I also figured out, even though it is a 6 Trillion dollar industry, it is still a small segment of the population that travels with any great frequency. Not the kind of product/service consumption I would like to have each and every month to maintain a rock-solid residual income.

Need something that everybody needs everyday.....something they absolutely cannot do without to survive.....then, help them reduce the costs of that neccessity......and I have found it!.....

OH-YEAH!!

Kool-Aid Guest

I didn't know that about the rebate... how much is it (a percentage or fixed amount)??
    It seems a little confusing to me... If you buy 2 packages your residual doubles on what??? the web-site income??? and no we don't offer a rebate to retail customers.

We do however pay a minimum of $1300.00 everytime 6 people join you "Power Team"
    in any given amount of time... example - 12 new = 2600.00 / 18 new = 3900.00 etc. etc. etc. - Does World Ventures offer that...

As for giving people up to your upline... I believe you mean your "First Team" and no you don't have to give them up ... it is simply your uplines responsibility to help you develop this team.. you recieve a 50% match on all their commissions... I still help people on my First Team but I get alot of help from my upline....

Marshall Bailey
    [email protected]
    www.ytbnet.com/bailey

And there is another problem - powerteam, power leg, strong leg, outside leg, etc.... Leads to greed, deception, and loss of customers and distributors. Always has, always will.

OH-YEAH!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kool-Aid
    And there is another problem - powerteam, power leg, strong leg, outside leg, etc.... Leads to greed, deception, and loss of customers and distributors. Always has, always will.

OH-YEAH!!
    not sure I agree with the greed, deception and loss of customers comment above.. In reality you can say that about any business... so the question really is :
    !. Is it the business that corrupts the people??? or
    2. Is it the people who corrupt the business ???

It was good to talk with you today...

Kool-Aid Guest

not sure I agree with the greed, deception and loss of customers comment above.. In reality you can say that about any business... so the question really is :
    !. Is it the business that corrupts the people??? or
    2. Is it the people who corrupt the business ???

It was good to talk with you today...

You are correct. The situation, however, is what presents the opportunity for the corruption. Most people exercise true integrity, a very few take avantage of a situation a give the rest of the team a black eye.

OH-YEAH!!

What's Up YTB/WV crew?

I'm new to this forum & I have been looking at YTB for a few months. I'm still waiting for an answer as to why I haven't received my weekly steals and deals from the person who is trying to sponsor me. He said that he would check with his upline to get the answer. I'm not rushing into anything until I get all the details. Also, concerning the WV opp., I've heard too much bad publicity on these threads. It's hard to get through to the real details.

Somewhere between 90-99% of YTB reps don't sell enough travel to break even. Why would anyone join a company where most members loose money? If you are lucky enough to sponsor a few friends or family members- maybe you would be lucky enough to get your money back- but then you have a few friends or family members that probably lost money based on your advice.

Unless you were one of the very first people to join - its probably not worth it.

Thanks MJ363 for your input.
    My reputation is on the line if I decide to do this YTB biz opp. I know a bunch of high caliber people who travel several times a year that book the majority of their own travel. I'm not too concerned about the booking travel deal as long as the search engines do what their supposed to do. I just need certain things to work; such as why I'm not getting my weekly steals & deals that my prospects would be receiving?

As far as getting in early or getting in too late, YTB is hovering around the 80,000 + reps & counting. Look at how many reps are in NONI and it's at least 10 years old. NONI has got to have well over 500,000+ reps by now. I believe there is room for a whole lot more people to roll up into YTB and make a nice fortune if they do their due DILIGENCE.

BlueRunner...

I just don't get it - if your looking to sell travel -

Most business people I know don't take business cruises... They fly somewhere and get a hotel. YTB pays $2-$3 per airline ticket. Then they get a hotel. Most business people I know have preferred vendors for hotels. Either their own company gets them a special rate- or they stay at the preffered hotel for the client that has a special rate. They don't book their hotels through a search engine.

Even after that - YTB only pays you 60% of the comission. Say best case scenario - you get 60% of a 15% comission - thats still just 9% of the hotel stay.

The first year fees are about $1,050. You would have to sell about $11,000 worth of hotel rooms just to break even. Thats a lot of hotel stays just to break even.

If you do the math - you will see that your not going to make much money selling travel- but you can make good money selling memberships to YTB. $1,050 per person is a nice total to take a percentage of.

Quote Originally Posted by mj363
    BlueRunner...

I just don't get it - if your looking to sell travel -

Most business people I know don't take business cruises... They fly somewhere and get a hotel. YTB pays $2-$3 per airline ticket. Then they get a hotel. Most business people I know have preferred vendors for hotels. Either their own company gets them a special rate- or they stay at the preffered hotel for the client that has a special rate. They don't book their hotels through a search engine.

Even after that - YTB only pays you 60% of the comission. Say best case scenario - you get 60% of a 15% comission - thats still just 9% of the hotel stay.

The first year fees are about $1,050. You would have to sell about $11,000 worth of hotel rooms just to break even. Thats a lot of hotel stays just to break even.

If you do the math - you will see that your not going to make much money selling travel- but you can make good money selling memberships to YTB. $1,050 per person is a nice total to take a percentage of.
    Your my man Blue. Don't even listen to MJ. He is trying to stray people away from a great thing. Take a look at the commission percentages and you will see there is a lot of potential to make money on travel alone. With the discounts on travel and the write-offs it is worth it itself. The marketing side is a bonus......could be a great bonus, but either way it is a great deal all things considered, but not for everyone. If you don't travel, and don't know people who travel; then, you may want to look at selling vitamins with MJ.

kkempen

Nice - I see your still making stuff up. You made up that I sell vitamins
    And you made up that part about making money selling travel with YTB.

See YTB came out with their financials.. After they were delisted from the NASDAQ for non compliance - I would have thought they could hide more but their report to the SEC states the following:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=ytbl.pk

Fees they charge their members for online stores and one time startup fee:
    $36,887,611

Training materials and classes they sold:

Travel comissions

They collected about 42.5 million in fees
    They only paid out 4.9 million in travel comissions

The fees alone are NINE TIMES the total travel comissions.

Sure you COULD break even selling travel..