+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 33 to 41 of 41

  1. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    432

    Re: Please Note: Iraq Is Not Vietnam

    Quote Originally Posted by Betamanmn
    Grim17 I admire your tenacity for getting the truth out but if there is one thing I learned on this board long ago is the liberals don't care for the truth. You could put a WMD in front of their noses and they would say it was not there. As long as anything Bush does is right or succeeds the libs will look the other way and say it is not so.
    Well, here is your chance. Where is the WMD you wish to put infront of our face?

  2. #34
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    6,643

    Re: Please Note: Iraq Is Not Vietnam

    Quote Originally Posted by Betamanmn
    Grim17 I admire your tenacity for getting the truth out but if there is one thing I learned on this board long ago is the liberals don't care for the truth. You could put a WMD in front of their noses and they would say it was not there. As long as anything Bush does is right or succeeds the libs will look the other way and say it is not so.

    Thanks for the compliment. I am not too many posts behind you and I'm fully aware that the truth to them is painted blue. I still can't in good conscience sit back and watch them day after day using lies to bask in their hatred of George Bush. If their ignoring the truth was harmless, I would just laugh at them and move on, but it isn't that simple. Their lies, unfounded accusations and gross misrepresentations of George Bush and his administration are sending a negative message to the world, most notably, to our enemy's. They're playing a dangerous political game that is putting our soldiers and our country at a heightened risk, all to fuel their hatred and to regain their power in Washington.

    I will keep posting facts whether they choose to accept them, or continue playing the fools is totally up to them.

    .

  3. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    586

    Re: Please Note: Iraq Is Not Vietnam

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    You say Iraq was not a threat. Well thats not what the intel told us, wrong or not.

    We believed he was a threat, and I for one don't give a damn about international law when it comes to the safety and security of the U.S.

    Congress, the senate and the American people all supported breaking international law, if it was indeed broken, so to blame the president for something that was approved by the people is a cop out to me.
    Grim,

    A country cannot attack another country if there is no imminent threat. This is why Hitler, and the Third Reich were such a terrible regime and a danger to world security. Hitler decided that, Poland, Britain, Austria, France, etc., were going to 'someday' infringe on the sovereignty of Germany. His reasoning being the Treaty of Versailles, and the limits imposed on Germany after World War I.

    There is a reason why international law exists. If the US does not abide by international laws (laws which, the US voted for and ratified) not one American citizen is safe, anywhere around the world. Pick up a history book, or encyclopedia and read about the days before, the Geneva Conventions, League of Nations, the United Nations. You will see a picture emerge of constant wars of aggression, imperialism, vendettas, etc. In other words,a very unsafe world.

    The Congress, and the American people being in favor of breaking international laws, just shows the abysmal education system in this country. Thinking that breaking international laws, does not show the courage to protect the US, it shows clearly, the ignorance, and lack of education of the American people. And that lack of basic knowledge, that makes for a very unsafe country.

    Please note: I use the word 'ignorance' in its literal form: the lack of knowledge. I am not using it as a insult to anyone. :)

    DeeDee1965

  4. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,222

    Re: Please Note: Iraq Is Not Vietnam

    "What is laid down, ordered, factual is never enough to embrace the whole truth: life always spills over the rim of every cup."
    Boris Pasternak

    "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State."
    Joseph Goebbels (Propoganda Minister)
    Last edited by bairdi; 11-26-2005 at 12:32 AM.

  5. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    82

    Re: Please Note: Iraq Is Not Vietnam

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    Thanks for the compliment. I am not too many posts behind you and I'm fully aware that the truth to them is painted blue. I still can't in good conscience sit back and watch them day after day using lies to bask in their hatred of George Bush. If their ignoring the truth was harmless, I would just laugh at them and move on, but it isn't that simple. Their lies, unfounded accusations and gross misrepresentations of George Bush and his administration are sending a negative message to the world, most notably, to our enemy's. They're playing a dangerous political game that is putting our soldiers and our country at a heightened risk, all to fuel their hatred and to regain their power in Washington.

    I will keep posting facts whether they choose to accept them, or continue playing the fools is totally up to them.

    .

    Again we here that if you have dissent you are aiding and abetting the enemy. Perhaps the idea that Bush LIED, as is constantly argued on this board is not the issue. I'm not trying to assert that he lied because I'm sure that even if he did, he covered his tracks so well it will never be proven. But the American people did re-engage Iraq under pretenses that turned out to not exist. They did UNILATERALLY invade a country against the judgement of many of their own people and the U.N. And they did break international law by doing so. These are facts and cannot be disputed. You will never convince me that this administration was good for America because it has not been. History will tell the final story and hopefully we won't be reading it in Chinese or some Slavic language.

    We who dissent are not the ones putting soldiers at risk, its the terrorist that we can't control, and continue to inflame by our arrogant foreign policies and presence in their countries.

  6. #38
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    6,643

    Re: Please Note: Iraq Is Not Vietnam

    Quote Originally Posted by HG_1301
    Again we here that if you have dissent you are aiding and abetting the enemy. Perhaps the idea that Bush LIED, as is constantly argued on this board is not the issue. I'm not trying to assert that he lied because I'm sure that even if he did, he covered his tracks so well it will never be proven. But the American people did re-engage Iraq under pretenses that turned out to not exist. They did UNILATERALLY invade a country against the judgement of many of their own people and the U.N. And they did break international law by doing so. These are facts and cannot be disputed. You will never convince me that this administration was good for America because it has not been. History will tell the final story and hopefully we won't be reading it in Chinese or some Slavic language.

    We who dissent are not the ones putting soldiers at risk, its the terrorist that we can't control, and continue to inflame by our arrogant foreign policies and presence in their countries.
    Your opinion was very well stated.

    It is one of the few opinions I can disagree with in part on this board and completely respect.

    Good job.

    .

  7. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    82

    Re: Please Note: Iraq Is Not Vietnam

    Thanks for the compliment Grim, I expected something much more inflamatory so Im pleasantly suprised!

    :p

  8. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,866

    Re: Please Note: Iraq Is Not Vietnam

    New Rules will soon be in affect. Please aquaint yourselves with them.

    http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=7612

    Namaste'

    Lady Mod

  9. #41
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    6,643

    Re: Please Note: Iraq Is Not Vietnam

    Quote Originally Posted by HG_1301
    Thanks for the compliment Grim, I expected something much more inflamatory so Im pleasantly suprised!

    :p

    No problem HG.

    Despite popular belief, I do not have a problem with anyone who questions the actions of the government, or has a negative opinion of how the affairs of the country are being handled. Your post clearly voiced your opposition to the policies and actions of the Bush administration, but with a distinct difference to other post I have read here. What you did is voice an opinion and raise questions WITHOUT resorting to the use of lies and unfounded accusations to do so.

    I will admit that 80% of the posts I oppose here, are because we are currently involved in military operations in the middle east, and I feel that the left has not taken that into account when the cameras are rolling, and they damn well should. I have never been against dissent, just the use of unproven accusations and out right lies to support such dissent.

    .

Similar Threads

  1. Note Broker
    By blue101 in forum Work at Home Scams
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-02-2008, 10:20 PM
  2. Lol - Well note this date, and see if it happens!!
    By Yeah Well Fine Then in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-17-2008, 05:19 PM
  3. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-12-2007, 06:03 PM
  4. Bush Iraq policy stalked by specter of Vietnam
    By sojustask in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-16-2006, 12:21 AM
  5. Note in a Bottle
    By sojustask in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-18-2005, 08:40 PM

Tags for this Thread

Add / Edit Tags
000, 2001, 9/11, abe, accepted, account, accurate, acknowledge, action, actions, add, added, address, administration, admit, ads, advantages, affairs, age, agen, agency, ages, agreed, agreement, ain, allowing, ama, america, american, amount, amp, and, annual, another, answer, anti, approval, approved, are, aren, army, ation, attacking, attacks, audio, aus, austria, authority, authorization, aware, away, back, bad, balls, based, basic, bat, battle, benefits, bet, better, big, blame, blaming, blatant, blue, body, bombed, bombs, boo, book, boot, brand, break, breaking, bring, bringing, broadcast, broke, bunch, busy, butler, called, campaign, cannot, cant, capabilities, captured, card, care, carolina, case, cease, cer, chance, che, cheney, chief, choose, clan, cli, clinto, collection, com, coming, commentary, commercial, commit, common, communist, community, comparison, complete, completely, compliance, compu, computer, conceal, confirmed, confusion, consequences, conservative, conservatives, constant, constantly, continue, cooperation, cop, correct, couldn, countries, country, county, culture, daddy, dam, damn, dangerous, date, david, day, days, dea, dead, deal, death, decades, december, decided, decision, defeat, defend, definition, deliver, democrat, democratic, democrats, dems, des, desert, designed, destruction, development, did, didn, difference, different, ding, disarm, disclosing, disputed, disturbing, doesn, don, dont, dow, dropped, dying, earlier, early, east, economic, eed, elected, electio, eliminate, ells, end, ended, enemy, entire, equipment, error, eva, events, exists, experience, eyes, fabulous, fac, face, factor, factual, fail, failed, false, family, fault, favor, feel, fence, final, finished, five, flame, fly, focus, fool, forces, forever, forget, fox, fra, france, freedom, fringe, front, fuel, fully, fusion, games, gave, gay, generals, george, getting, give, giving, goal, goebbels, gonna, good, great, greater, greatest, grim, ground, guess, guns, guy, guys, had, happen, happened, harbor, hard, harvey, has, hat, hate, hats, heard, hell, helms, help, hey, him, his, honor, hose, hot, house, howard, huge, hus, hussein, ial, ignorance, ignorant, ill, image, images, ime, imminent, impeached, important, inc, individual, info, insult, intelligence, inter, invade, investigations, involved, involves, ion, iraq, isn, issue, issues, its, jay, job, join, joint, just, justify, kind, knew, kurdish, last, laugh, launch, leaders, league, leaving, led, les, less, lets, liars, liberal, liberals, lied, limited, limits, line, lines, lis, lives, lol, long, longer, los, losing, loss, lot, lying, main, make, makes, making, many, marriage, mass, mea, meet, memories, mess, mind, minister, misinformed, misunderstood, mohamed, mor, more, move, nam, nation, national, nations, nature, need, needed, ner, never, nominatio, nomination, north, north carolina, not, note, november, now, nuclear, official, oil, ones, only, open, operation, operations, opportunity, options, order, ordered, org, organizations, our, overwhelming, owns, page, par, paranoid, part, pas, pass, passed, passionate, paying, peace, people, perfectly, phone, picture, pictures, piece, place, plans, played, playing, point, poland, policies, politician, popular, pos, positive, possible, post, posted, posting, posts, potential, power, predator, presiden, pretty, process, progress, protect, protecting, prove, proven, proves, public, pull, pure, putting, qualified, question, questions, quote, quotes, race, raids, raining, raise, ran, read, real, reason, reasonable, reasons, red, regarding, regime, reich, remember, removed, renewed, research, respect, response, responsibilities, responsible, rest, retarded, ria, rich, rid, risk, roy, run, running, rushed, safe, safety, scared, section, secure, seem, selling, senate, sending, sense, september, series, sex, shock, short, shows, sides, signed, simple, simply, site, small, soldiers, sometimes, soo, sorry, sounds, spend, standard, star, started, starts, state, stated, states, stone, stop, stopped, story, stupid, such, sul, sun, support, supported, supporter, supporting, suppose, supreme, supreme court, sure, surge, surveillance, system, take, taken, taking, talk, targets, tas, ted, tells, terms, terrible, terror, terrorist, than, the, they, thing, thought, thread, threads, threatening, time, times, today, told, tom, ton, tone, tony, top, totally, track, tracks, tries, troops, turned, u.s., ugly, unhinged, uni, united, united states, url, usa, ussr, ven, verification, victory, vietnam, vince, viola, virginia, voted, waiting, war, warren, wars, wav, ways, week, weeks, west, western, whats, when, wikipedia, will, win, winning, with, won, working, world, worse, wrong, year, years, yesterday, you, your, zone

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •