+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Military Hits October Recruiting Targets

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    I think it would be fair to allow these men and women to become soldiers if they choose to and to respect them when they do. NOT prevent that option from being offered to them, NOT make fun of them, NOT call them criminals and monsters, NOT encourage those they are fighting against by lying about their President and actively undermining their efforts.

Well, in case you hadn't noticed, (apparently you haven't) I haven't done any of those things you accuse me of. I didn't say remove the option, I haven't made fun of them, nor called them criminals or monsters. And I haven't lied about the president either. You are the one calling people un-American for protesting the war. You are the one saying we are hurting the troops for questioning the President. Even the President says its an American right to question him.

And you are the one being offensive. TO JUST ABOUT EVERYONE. You better straighten up.

Lady Mod

Hi Paul,

You are right. I was talking about the entire history of the military. Going back to the Greeks and Romans, Asia, Ancient Britian, Africa, and even the Americas. Also the Pacific Islands chains. My mind always goes back to ancient times. It is a strange affliction of mine. :p

And you are right about how the Military is "sold." From what I have read and seen, this seems to be a thoroughly modern invention. In the days of old, men knew beyond a shadow of a doubt what they were getting into. They had no illusions about the soldiering, and war was not glamorous.

DeeDee1965 :)

So...how was our military recruiting doing during ANY OTHER time in history? To deny the patriotism of these people is typical of the view you have of those who protect you. Cops, soldiers...it doesn't matter. You are just looking for an excuse to spit on them. To suggest they become soldiers "because the job market is bad" is, as usual, either stupid or evil. Choose.
    It was a suggestion, the other side of the debate Stupid. Nothing more, except you keep trying to make it so. They aren't lining up in droves to do the patriotic thing. We aren't under attack, this is not WWII, where it WAS the patriotic thing to do.

And considering that the military services had to promise more by way of educational grants to get recruits because of the slump, my suggestion was in line with what is going on and makes a hell of a lot more sense than yours does. Hell, you want to throw all their lives away on one "Glory Hounds" idea of freedom. For another country, not even ours. And you disguise it as patriotic.

The only one spitting on anyone is you, every chance you get. You are twisted and evil. And frankly, I for one am sick and tired of you. Discussing ANYTHING with you is an exercise in futility. So goodbye. Nice knowing you. NOT.

Lady Mod
    Last edited by sojustask; 11-19-2005 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee1965
    Hi Paul,

You are right. I was talking about the entire history of the military. Going back to the Greeks and Romans, Asia, Ancient Britian, Africa, and even the Americas. Also the Pacific Islands chains. My mind always goes back to ancient times. It is a strange affliction of mine. :p

And you are right about how the Military is "sold." From what I have read and seen, this seems to be a thoroughly modern invention. In the days of old, men knew beyond a shadow of a doubt what they were getting into. They had no illusions about the soldiering, and war was not glamorous.

DeeDee1965 :)
    Well now that "puts a whole new wheel on the wagon" now doesn't it. The Roman Legions got rich when they went on campaign & made no secret about it either. And the Spartans... now they had no illusions about war at all... plus they knew what they were doing (ref the 300 that held off the Persian army)... that episode is STILL much talked about and respected.

You're right... they all knew what it was all about...

cheers,
    Paul

So...how was our military recruiting doing during ANY OTHER time in history? To deny the patriotism of these people is typical of the view you have of those who protect you. Cops, soldiers...it doesn't matter. You are just looking for an excuse to spit on them. To suggest they become soldiers "because the job market is bad" is, as usual, either stupid or evil. Choose.
    speakin of stupid and evil,(the short list),how ya doin powerless one!?gee,your makeup is doin wonders fer yer good looks!!scare me now or scare me later!?but keep up the good cheer!!god knows the world would be lost without cha!?love is as love does!?XOXOXXXOXO:p :D :rolleyes: