+ Reply to Thread

Kurdistan Thanks AMERICA For Freedom

Kurds Campaign Thanks U.S. for Liberation

A group representing Kurdistan thanks America for liberating that nation from Saddam Hussein's dictatorship of terrorism.

"The Kurds of Iraqi Kurdistan just want to say ‘thank you for helping us win our freedom. Thank you for democracy. Thank you America.”

The print and broadcast advertisements are sponsored by the Kurdistan Development Corporation, an organization created by the government of Kurdistan to encourage international investment.

The ad campaign began Monday in the United States with ads in The Wall Street Journal and on Fox News Channel. Ads begin airing Nov. 14 airing in Europe.

The group describes Kurdistan as a place "where peace and prosperity have reigned since liberation from Saddam Hussein.”
    Bayan Sami Abdul Rahman, Chairman of the Kurdistan Development Corporation and Kurdistan’s High Representative to the UK, says the commercials are necessary to counter the American media’s largely negative coverage of Iraq.

"We feel the mainstream media,” she tells Newsmax, "is focusing on the negative stories coming out of Iraq and very rarely highlighting the good news.”

"We’re not saying that the media doesn’t tell the truth. They do tell the truth. There is violence. There is an insurgency. But it’s not the whole truth, or the whole picture.”

"The truth is that while there is violence,” she continues, "there are big strides being taken towards democracy in Iraq, particularly in Kurdistan. There are vast sections of Iraq, and again particularly Kurdistan, where the region is safe, stable, and people are getting on with their lives, doing business, trying to build a future.”

Indeed, not a single coalition soldier has died in Kurdistan since March 2003.

Rahman worries, however, about suggestions that the United States should pull out of Iraq.

"If people are saying that America should withdraw their troops now, that would be a catastrophe, not only for the people of Iraq but also for the Middle East and the wider intentional community and the United States,” she says.

The current peace and prosperity is a welcome change from conditions under Saddam Hussein, who targeted the Kurds throughout his rule.

Among other atrocities, Hussein ordered the use of chemical weapons against the Kurdish village of Halabja in 1988, killing an estimated 5,000 Kurds, a majority of which were women and children.

Following the Gulf War in 1991, the United States and the United Kingdom established "no-fly zones” in northern Iraq to prevent continued bombing of Kurdistan by Saddam. Kurds ran a semi-autonomous government under the protection of the "no-fly zones.”

Kurdistan President H.E. Masoud Barzani thanked President Bush for his dedication to Iraqi freedom in an Oct. 25 visit to the White House.
    "It was a brave decision that you have made,” Barzani told the president, "you have liberated a people from a dictatorial regime that has hurt a lot of people.”

Rahman goes further, calling President Bush a "hero.”

"The people of Kurdistan and the government of Kurdistan,” she gushes, "admire President Bush’s courage in fighting Saddam Hussein despite some of the doubts of America’s international partners.”

Rahman says there is no question that the decision to liberate Iraq was just.

"Saddam Hussein was a tyrant,” she notes, "a dictator who committed genocide against the people of Kurdistan ... To get rid of someone like that, there should be no question.”

In addition to the advertisments, the group maintains a Web site, www.theotheriraq.com, expressing its gratitude to the U.S. and the value of Kurdistan to the world community.

Re: Kurdistan Thanks AMERICA For Freedom

Thank you America for sacrificing your sons and daughters so that we don't have to sacrifice ours?

Thanks America but now GO AWAY.

It's really rather ignorant to continue to attempt to justify an unpopular war with posts of what Saddam did while he was in power.

We removed him, we've devastated the country, we've seen illegal bribes for contracts made, we've seen where we didn't complete work promised, we've seen where Iraq can't even get their act together and unite their own country, we've read stories of how their soldiers seem hesitant to do any real fighting, deferring to U.S. soldiers...etc. etc.

It's time that Iraq was allowed to govern themselves. We are the targets over there, when we leave, maybe peace will finally reign.

Lady Mod
    Last edited by sojustask; 11-18-2005 at 03:48 PM.

umdkook Guest

who were we to say , Well, were invading Iraq now??

god the arrogance is unbeleiveable

I saw an interview on CNN with the Prime Minister of Iraq. Don't have an article or anything to link or quote, but I recall him saying "The occupation of Iraq is a failure."

Quote Originally Posted by idshadow
    I saw an interview on CNN with the Prime Minister of Iraq. Don't have an article or anything to link or quote, but I recall him saying "The occupation of Iraq is a failure."
    Nice sourcing once again by those that wish military failure in order to obtain political ends. If you're going to repeat propaganda like that, please post your source....it will make it easier to validate or invalidate.

Here is an example:

Check out what the Kurds have found the freewill to say to America.
    Video here: http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/20...s-america.html

Quote Originally Posted by Raider
    Nice sourcing once again by those that wish military failure in order to obtain political ends. If you're going to repeat propaganda like that, please post your source....it will make it easier to validate or invalidate.

Here is an example:

Check out what the Kurds have found the freewill to say to America.
    Video here: http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/20...s-america.html
    He did Raider, he said he saw it on CNN. But he couldn't find a link to that particular interview. He did preface his statement.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    He did Raider, he said he saw it on CNN. But he couldn't find a link to that particular interview. He did preface his statement.

Lady Mod
    In the context he is using the quote that he/she "remembers" I will say it's a lie. The PM never said anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider
    In the context he is using the quote that he/she "remembers" I will say it's a lie. The PM never said anything like that.
    Well, how about a "faulty memory" and give him the benefit of the doubt? OK?

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Well, how about a "faulty memory" and give him the benefit of the doubt? OK?

Lady Mod
    Good one!!!!!!

Faulty memory ______________ like half of the Democratic Party have right now. They don't remember supporting the Iraq confrontation before it began, but will demean my President in order to create political hay out of it! Ok, I'll let shadow off the hook on the source of the "misinterpretation", but I'll be scrutinizing further claims fervently. Propoganda belongs on the 'movemichaelmooreon.org' and 'crusty d. clown' weblogs, not on scam.com.

There's been an abundance of Faulty Memory going on lately. I think everyone should close their eyes and replay September 11th in the minds eye; remember how they felt that day; set their politics aside and truly think about what it means to fight a war on terror. Indonesia, Syria, Iran, Saudi Arabia, North Africa, etc, etc, etc.

To get this sucka' back on topic, I liked the idea of a "Thanks from Kurdistan"

just "show window" puppets held up by the puppetmasters.but all the self made dreamers of freedom and liberty willingly lick it up!!the real test!?dont make nice people outa any of them!!my ma made me go to my room,my dad let me out!my hero!hold up a baby or somethin!!pass out free trinkets!!the people are easily fooled!!like JOHN KERRY SAID in his campaign,terrorism will be reduced to everyday police business.which is acceptable to the public.
    and so nothing changes.just business gets better and the cost of livin rises as resources are made scarce and the american dream,wallstreet, goes hog wild and the loyal believers are rewarded like kings while the common man is trampled and left behind.same old same old same old.........back as far as we can see(history).you know who you are!!or is it,forgive them father,they know not what they do!?will the "MEEK" inherit the earth!?yes!/but they have to use "FORCE" to make it happen!?sounds right to the right!?just askin!! :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: