+ Reply to Thread

about surveys and free offers

Hi. I would like to know from the pundits on this site about the offer you get when you sign in with survey companies, because I get a lot of that saying that i will get a tv set , a laptop or a camera just completing one of sponsorship offer(like buying 12 CDs from BMG at the price of one)
    Thanks in advance

Re: about surveys and free offers

I have been taking surveys for a couple of years. I personally don't believe that the companies offering free tv's, ipods, etc are legit. I have heard people say they did get a product after completing so many offers but it took a long time. Anyway even if you get the product for completing an offer, you are NOT dealing with a survey company. If you want to take real surveys and make a little money (not a full time income), I have a complete list of survey sites on my website (all free). This list does not include the email harvesters etc. You can access it through my website link in my profile and we have a great group of people in the message board who are more than willing to help you get started and tell you the truth about taking surveys.

Connie

ok thanks and i would like to here more from you people.
    And connie, they tell you it may get from six to 12 weeks before you get the product but geting free laptop , tv , plasma tv, drills and other thing may worth waiting a little maybe ...

The free items are in direct correlation to the amount of offers you have to complete.

These "surveys" are not actual surveys. These are put together by affiliates of the programs they want you to sign up for. If you sign up and complete all the offers, the affiliate makes enough money to buy and ship you the item and still make a good profit.

The reason why it takes so long to receive your item is because many of these "offers" take long to complete. In other words, say you have to sign up for a credit card. In order for the affiliate to get his/her commision, you must activate your card AND make a purchase.

Many people start off, but do not complete all the offers (there are MANY you have to sign up for). This way the affiliate does NOT need to send you your item and he/she STILL makes money off the ones you DID complete.

Lovelyrita, what you are talking about is NOT from survey companies. There are some that make these offers of "free products" and pretend to be survey companies. The free products I am talking about are actually test trial products from real companies. Laundry soap, skin care products, bath products, household cleaners, etc. There are NO offers to complete to qualify for these test products. As long as you fit the demographics you can get in on a trial. Again, my free list of survey companies only includes the real survey sites and research companies. The lists that you pay for include all of those junk sites that want you to complete offers or that send you a ton of spam.

Katie, I understand that and if you do have a list like that I would like to check those out.

I was replying to Meriakre because he/she seems to think that you can get the products (ipods, plasma TVs, etc.) just for completing a survey, which is not the case.

Katie, I have checked out your page and it looks promising. But I am signed up with all of those survey companies and the only offers I get from them are "complete this survey for a chance to win a $4000 prize...". I get a sprinkling of $2 to $5 survey offers but I have NEVER fit any of their demographics, so I never made any money. I'm not sure if they're looking for a minority or a majority.

I even had one where I just put my email address and got a "Sorry, you do not fit our demographic profile" message...LOL!

LOL. Now THAT is an interesting way to kick someone out! I haven't experienced that yet. When you get the offers to take a survey only to be entered into a drawing, do you go ahead and fill it out? Those offers are often the same ones that lead to product trials and payment. Some companies do take a long time to send surveys but you should still join. I just took one tonight from a company I have never gotten a survey from and I signed up two years ago. It lead to a product test with payment.
    Another key to survey taking is to take ALL the surveys you get the first few months. One thing a lot of us have found out is that if you pick and choose you get less offers. The more you take, the more offers you get. It seems to be kind of like an advancement thing. I know surveydirect has paying surveys everyday, greenfield has paying surveys everyday too. You have to check some sites daily and often as they won't send you an email to let you know that the surveys are open. Stanford is the same way too. There are a few others as well. If you have other questions I can help you with just let me know. BTW, I am a white 41 year old woman. My demographics are not uncommom and I still get a ton of surveys everyday. Don't give up!

Connie
    (Katies Mom) :)

Hi Connie,

Yes, I complete the "chance to win" surveys because I was advised that the chances of winning something is good since not many people bother to complete them. The good ones (like Greenfield) do not make you complete offers.

Some of the surveys are quite boring, I must admit, with pages and pages of clone questions.

A few years back, i was involved in some sort of program where they send you a package via Prioriy Mail and you need to call them (toll free) when you receive the package. There is nothing in the package except cardboard and $3, but it was easy money.
    Not a scam. It was a national clearinghouse conducting some sort of mailing study.

I just signed up with the one you are mentioning a few weeks ago. Usmonitor I believe. Sounds like you are doing everything right. Some of the surveys can be rather boring. I despise the television surveys simply because they are incredibly long and tedious and I have never had anything come of them. The auto surveys are also boring but I have recieved at least 2 test drive offers from them (these came in my email later and I didn't know it would happen from the survey itself) one paid $50 and the other $75. So I don't mind those ones so much anymore! Hang in there! I don't know if you visited the message board when you came to my site but there are a lot of good people there who take surveys and it makes it a lot easier to find out about focus groups, surveys that are paying right now, etc.

Connie

katiesconer you are the "GOLD" of human race(30-45 y.o. women) that is why you get all the "gold" of surveys, NO OFENCE :)
    thank you all you people for the information
    God Bless You All!!!

I started out trying to take paid surveys, but it hardly pays a thing. I now earn over $200 a day from autosurfing and other on and offline investments. It doesnt take up much time everyday and can be very lucrative. I have more details but too much to post here. So if anyone is interested please PM me. It doesn't hurt to check out any opportunities.

isabelle Guest

Home Career
    Last edited by scambuster; 12-09-2005 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meriakre
    katiesconer you are the "GOLD" of human race(30-45 y.o. women) that is why you get all the "gold" of surveys, NO OFENCE :)
    thank you all you people for the information
    God Bless You All!!!
    No offense taken! I really don't feel I am the "gold" though. It really depends on what each company is looking for at any given time. There was a lady on my message board today *complaining* that she was getting too many surveys from one particular company, 4-5 a day. I personally only get MAYBE one a month from that company. That lady is a grandmother to three. Another lady on the board in her early 20's has yet to recieve one from that company but she gets a ton from another company that I very rarely ever hear from. There really is no rhyme or reason except to the people in charge of sending them out. :)

15. 11-16-2006, 12:06 PM

Reason
    FORUM VIOLATON