+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 17 to 25 of 25

  1. #17

    Re: Is this site Anti-Scam??

    this is exactly the kind of person who shouldn't be
    allowed to post to Scam.com.


    Hands up anybody who can show me the relevance
    of this message to scams or anti-scams ?

    .



    ....

    Quote Originally Posted by katiescorner
    Scamfree you are welcome to join my board. You can get to it through my website link in my profile. We have tons of legitimate freebies and everyone is very honest. In fact we have one lady who didn't want to take advantage of the $50 test drive offer because she doesn't have plans to buy a car right now :)

  2. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    947

    Re: Is this site Anti-Scam??

    Quote Originally Posted by SCAM FREE
    Or a HOW TO on how to scam freebie sites? Sorry but I'm a member of the freebie world as well and I am truley sickened that at this supposly anti-scam site, that these people are openly allowed to post on how to scam these company's, I mean you people are sad and ruining it for everyone else, Why is telling people when to cancel, how to cancel, what they should sign up for, how many times they can sign up to fraud a company, How to get around the sites policy's :eek (example: efg disabled there email system for a reason) I have so many tricks up my sleeve to get around these sites but i don't use them and would never post them and they should't be allowed to be posted!! I mean gees, Where are the mods of this site, start scam busting!!!!!!
    I'm a moderator. What's wrong with taking advantage of free stuff?
    Do the math. None of that "free" stuff is even remotely free.
    Many people do it, I don't. I know nothing in life is free.

  3. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    61

    Re: Is this site Anti-Scam??

    Quote Originally Posted by FairTradeAuthority
    JPAULGOR, your arguments wouldn't live for a second, in a court. There is something called bona fide in each and every transaction happening: signing up for something that, as you say, you are not interested already before you sign for, lacks in bona fide = you tried to deceive the vendor = you are a scammer. You don't have to trust me, if you don't want, no problems...i'm just saying this for others that might have a more open mind and look at how things are beyond their interest in a free thing.
    I guess they might have taught me incorrectly in business law, but as far as I knew, the only three elements necessary to make a valid contract are an offer, an acceptance, and consideration. Of course, the contract is considered "nonenforceable" if it violates specific laws. When I submit my credit card information on a company's web site, I'm accepting an offer that it has issued to me. If I allow any charge to be made to my credit card, enroll in any type of autobill program that I wouldn't have had to deal with otherwise, or merely agree to "try out" a product, I'm providing consideration.

    If the conditions of the offer that a company issues a consumer are not within its best interests, it is the company's fault for issuing that offer in the first place. If a company establishes a marketing strategy that rewards consumers for ordering and subsequently returning its products, its management should reasonably expect to see an increase in the activities that it is rewarding. There are a multitude of means for a company to discourage these activities. If the managers of a company choose not to employ these means, they are willingly assuming an elevated level of risk of increased returns from "problem consumers." This risk occurs entirely due to the design of the companies' own marketing strategies, and it could be eliminated at any point in time if the companies chose to eliminate it.

    Blaming consumers for seeking to gain the most from a system that a company creates to promote its own interests is asinine. Do you blame people who go into stores and purchase only items that are on sale when the retailer placed the items on sale only as a means to increase store traffic and sales of other items? Do you blame people for pricing items by clicking on google ad links (thus triggering referral fees) even when they have no intention of immediately buying anything? Do you blame people who accept a 0% introductory balance transfer offer and pay it off before it expires, thus creating a loss for the bank? What about people who pay off their credit card balances every month and never incur a finance charge? If companies are managed with any competence at all, such events are planned and accounted for long before a marketing strategy is deep into its execution phase. If a company loses money due to incompetent management, the blame lies in that incompetence rather than due to the actions of consumers who act within their own self-interest.


    --Jay Shaw

  4. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Lindsborg Kansas
    Posts
    296

    Re: Is this site Anti-Scam??

    Quote Originally Posted by SCAM FREE
    Or a HOW TO on how to scam freebie sites?
    We are not scamming the freebie site, if anything we are scamming the sites that the freebie site has you sign up for, the freebie site gets the same amount from the merchant whether we stay on their program or not.


    These freebie sites are a scam, but only a scam to people that don't know what tricks they have up their sleave. All this site does is save time for people. If I wouldn't have read about how to get manual credit, and other things, I would be worried about it, trying to call the company and find out why my credit isn't showing. And some people would get all the offers complete and not get credit, so they give up. There are things like not being able to log in and having to fill all your info back in to get to your account, if you knew nothing about the site, you would give up at this point after completing offers. These freebie sites are set up to scam people who do not know what they are doing, only a small percentage of people who sign up and complete some offers on these sites get their products. This site is just setting it even, making it fair to everyone who wants to get a FREE* item to get one, and not sign up and decide to quit after hitting a wall. This site is not scamming them because those sites are set up to give away free stuff, if they did not want to give away free stuff then they shouldn't have made the site in teh first place. This forum is not going to make the site go bankrupt now is it? No, for the sole reason that they have people completing offers every day that will never complete the requirements to get their free item...

    enough said for now, we are not scamming them, we are stopping people from being scammed...

  5. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    58

    Re: Is this site Anti-Scam??

    No, this site is not anti-scam. But people in the past have posted that these sites are "scams" because they don't read the terms carefully. This is how the companies profit.

    The "how to" threads merely provide a place for those of us who figured out how to complete these sites successfully.

    However, I don't agree with anyone who signs up and immediately cancels(as this shows you had no interest in the product whatsoever, and those in the referral freebie world know this is a no-no), tries to complete the same site multiple times, etc...all the "bad" things to do. Like I mentioned, any veteran of the referral world knows the rules, and I would think these are the same for the non-referral free gift sites as well.

  6. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    89

    Re: Is this site Anti-Scam??

    JAY SHAW i disagree, i'm sorry. I see your point and you do have a point about companies needing to just blame themselves for such marketing techniques, if they lose their money, but this does not mean that a consumer applying for a service that s/he already knows is going to cancel one instant after without even trying it is legit.

    You say:

    the only three elements necessary to make a valid contract are an offer, an acceptance, and consideration
    Right! But what is the offer in this case? To try a product or a service and to cancel your order within a certain amount of time if the product/service does not satisfy you. Am i correct?

    Well, in this case the acceptance shall imply the trial of the product/service.
    But this does not happen, because there is no will to acquire that product/service at all, already before accepting the offer.
    This habits simply contribute to have harsher tos by merchants realizing how much money they throw away with such bad practice and this will go only against consumers, in a long term.

    In Canada you can still go in many clothes shops, buy, let's say, a coat, and if you don't like it to bring it back after a couple of weeks and get your money back, even if you have weared it. This is a wonderful thing, in my opinion, for consumers; but the fact is that now there are many many consumers buying clothes that they already know they will bring back and they dress themselves all the season for free with such a system. It was the same in Europe until a very few years ago; it is not like this anymore, because mertchants have realized this stupid trick and how much money they were losing due to it. Soon it will happen the same in canada and in other countries where this good treatment for consumers is still in being. Consumers cheating on good deals offered by merchants do nothing but hammering their toes, making merchants tos tougher and harsher and cutting nice privileges to honest consumers.
    The evidence of this, about freebies websites, is that it is much more difficult to complete a scheme today than it was one year ago and it will be more and more difficult, you will see.
    The aim of such marketing campaigns is to spend money in giving a free item in exchange of having potential customers to try your product/service; "try these 10 products/services and i will give you a free ipod": do you ever try any of the products/services Jay? Have you ever been willing to do that before you applied for the freeby scheme? If your answer is no, you simply does not accept the offer made to you and, as you have correctly said, it comes less one of the 3 elements making valid a contract.

  7. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2

    Re: Is this site Anti-Scam??

    There are lots of good arguments for both sides of the board here. Here is my opinion:

    If a person signs up for a "freebie" site, expecting to get something entirely free, and discovers that there are conditions to meet for their free item (ie. product purchases and trials), that the person either should deal with this and sample these offers, or give up then and there.

    If a person were to sign up for each of the requisite deals that interested him/her, receive the products, check them out, and say to themself: "Nah, this isn't my sort of thing." after having tried it out a bit, I see the advertising working as it is supposed to, and that person would then go on to cancel a service or product as the terms say they can.

    The scamming part comes in when a person goes in and orders products from these third-party companies who have paid money to a service in order to get advertising. The company thinks that somebody is interested in trying, or even purchasing their service. Following the terms they are part of, they inform the advertising site that so and so has signed up for their product (or it is automated, same result either way). As soon as they do this, the person who was "interested" in their product cancels it, before they even have had a chance to use it. Sure, you are cheating the advertising company out of the item with minimal effort and expenditure on your part, but the companies that are paying for this advertising are suffering.

    Even then, I wouldn't say that the people are "scamming" the companies per se, since they should (don't know if they do or not) have this sort of thing figured into their business plan. I would consider it scamming if a person were to register multiple times at the same website to get multiple of the same, or different prizes for signing up for the same services. In this case, the fault lies with the company still, but the consumer is taking the "free prize" and turning it into their own little stockpile of free stuff that they can then sell on Ebay or whatever.

    Don't get me wrong. I think that these companies should have their ToS written differently, to make it more difficult to cancel a product or service, or the advertising companies could make it harder to obtain their product. It is sort of their own fault that they are drawing clever rats into their small mice traps. Truthfully, I thought that this board was supposed to be an "Anti-scam" board also when I joined it, and though I'm not sure I would go quite as far to say that the members of this community are scamming the companies they are observing (except maybe in a few cases), this definitely doesn't qualify as keeping an eye out to stop scamming. It looks more like a way to get rich quick on somebody else's investment (the companies that paid for advertising).

    I'm kinda tired right now, and I don't mean to pick a side in this, so I'm sorry if it sounded that way, or if I leaned more to one side than the other in my argument. I currently am signed up for BigWin, and have initiated 4 offers. I am testing out two of the music ones, have purchased the Nick Jr. Book club thing (and intend to give it to my nephew as a Christmas present), and will be looking for other offers that I am at least interested in testing, if not interested in the price tag attached. I may consider adding these things to my Christmas list even.

    Sorry, went off on a tangent again >.>
    Anyhow, just trying to shine a little more light on both sides of the issue.

  8. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Lindsborg Kansas
    Posts
    296

    Re: Is this site Anti-Scam??

    Quote Originally Posted by FairTradeAuthority
    JAY SHAW i disagree, i'm sorry. I see your point and you do have a point about companies needing to just blame themselves for such marketing techniques, if they lose their money, but this does not mean that a consumer applying for a service that s/he already knows is going to cancel one instant after without even trying it is legit.

    BUT, is there really anyone who is seriously interested in 10 different offers on the site? I doubt that anyone has gone through and chose 10 things that they wanted to do, therefore no one would get a free gift, when I clicked on the thing that said FREE* APPLE IBOOK, i expected to get an ibook, upon looking into it I saw several stipulations, and I would not have signed up for those offers if I wasn't required to to receive a laptop, but that is what you have to do, if these sites didn't want to risk losing money by having to pay for signups, then they wouldn't be listed on these sites.

    Personally I can't believe Video Professor is still even in service, let alone still on gratis and other sites, paying gratis around $40 per every referal and maybe 1/10 are actually serious and keep the product, which pays them 70$, so 1/10 they net 30, the other 9 they lose 40... i dont understand how they can continue, but evidetally it is a risk they are willing to take. And I know even though I have signed up and canceled video professor 4 times without even opening it, If anyone asked me to teach them somethinb about a computer that I didn't know, I would send them dirrectly to video professor... It is a great marketing tool for these companies even if we do not keep the product, and jsut plan to cancel, because they may get referals from us in the future.

    These businesses are willing to take a risk that people will sign up and cancel just to get credit, so i dont see why you are complaining, they aren't even complaining about it...

  9. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    89

    Re: Is this site Anti-Scam??

    TJWOR, i'm not complaining...i'm just exposing facts. The merchants are complaining, instead. In fact you see more and more merchants tightening their TOS for avoiding that kind of consumers, damaging the big majority of consumers, which is the one sticking to the rules. That's all i'm saying. I'm not defending merchants: if you have a look at my posts in here you will understand that i don't at all...rather the other way round...i'm defending the consumers that have a point in being defended. For me, a consumer applying for something that s/he already knows that s/he does not want is the kind of consumer that should not complain when a merchant refuses a justified refund request. Consumers are not right by definition as merchants are not scammers by definition. Keep also in mind that a merchant who is a scammer is 100% a consumer as well, at some points, and if he scams as a merchant, he will likely try to scam also as a consumer. With this, any opinion is respected in here...i have just given mine. :)

Similar Threads

  1. Anti-Car, Anti-Mobility/Anti-Freedom agenda
    By debit.servus in forum Conspiracy Theories
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-27-2015, 05:49 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-10-2013, 05:29 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 09:17 PM
  4. this site has turned totally anti-american
    By pawnstar in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-22-2007, 05:54 PM
  5. anti scam site growing my e-gold
    By neso in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-05-2006, 09:06 AM

Tags for this Thread

Add / Edit Tags
99%, ???, acceptance, account, actions, advertising, age, ain, allowed, allowing, answer, anti, anti-scam, are, aren, art, avoiding, away, back, bad, balance, best, bet, bit, blame, book, bought, bring, bro, bus, businesses, buy, buying, called, cancel, cancels, car, card, care, carefully, case, cer, chance, change, chea, choose, chris, christmas, clever, clo, clothes, club, coa, com, coming, community, company, company., complain, complete, completely, compu, computer, condi, consumer, consumers, continue, correct, countries, crap, creates, credit, customers, day, days, deep, defended, defending, definition, delusional, did, didn, different, differently, difficult, ding, direction, disabled, doesn, don, dont, due, eed, elements, email, end, ethical, europe, events, evidence, exposing, eye, fair, fault, faulty, forum, fraud, free, freebie, front, future, gain, gen, getting, giving, gonna, good, google, gra, gratis, great, had, happen, happening, harder, hat, hell, hes, hey, him, his, honest, hose, how to get, hus, ill, ime, incompetent, individual, info, interest, interested, involved, ion, isn, issue, issues, issuing, item, its, jay, join, joined, judge, just, justify, kind, knew, lady, lap, lea, leave, legit, legitimate, less, life, light, link, lis, listed, log, logic, long, longer, lose, loses, losing, loss, lot, make, making, managers, many, math, matter, mea, meet, member, members, message, mind, moderator, mods, month, more, multi, multiple, need, net, never, nice, nick, now, offer, ones, only, open, opportunity, order, orders, our, page, part, party, pas, paying, pays, people, person, place, planned, plans, point, policy, pop, pos, post, posted, posts, potential, price, pricing, product, products, profile, profit, promote, prove, quick, quit, quote, rats, read, real, reason, refund, refuses, register, rest, returning, returns, rich, rick, ridiculous, risk, roll, room, sad, sale, sales, sample, satisfied, scam, scam site, scam.com, scammed, scammers, scamming, scams, season, seekers, sell, sending, service, services, set, sets, shaw, shouldn, show, shows, sides, sign, signed, signing, simple, simply, site, small, sole, soo, sorry, specifically, spend, spends, star, start, state, stay, steal, stop, strategies, strategy, stuff, stupid, submit, successful, such, sure, swamped, system, tag, take, takes, taking, talk, teach, terms, test, testing, than, the, themselves, they, thing, thinks, this, thought, threads, throw, time, times, tired, today, told, tough, trac, transfer, treatment, tribute, trick, tricks, tries, trouble, turning, una, une, uni, ups, veteran, viola, wall, wanted, website, websites, weeks, welcome, when, will, wonderful, working, world, wow, wrong, years, you, your

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •