+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is this site Anti-Scam??

Or a HOW TO on how to scam freebie sites? Sorry but I'm a member of the freebie world as well and I am truley sickened that at this supposly anti-scam site, that these people are openly allowed to post on how to scam these company's, I mean you people are sad and ruining it for everyone else, Why is telling people when to cancel, how to cancel, what they should sign up for, how many times they can sign up to fraud a company, How to get around the sites policy's :eek (example: efg disabled there email system for a reason) I have so many tricks up my sleeve to get around these sites but i don't use them and would never post them and they should't be allowed to be posted!! I mean gees, Where are the mods of this site, start scam busting!!!!!!

DethLOK is offline 12DP Thread Hater and Free Gift Getter User Rank

Re: Is this site Anti-Scam??

Hi Scam Free... Thanks for coming to our site and joining! If you own a freebie site please post it so we can get free stuff from you. :) J/K.

You know these sites are set up to frustrate people so they don't bother collecting their gift... We're just sending business to those Freebie sites, business they wouldn't otherwise get. A lot of the sites are also set up so we can TRY products and unless a site specifically say you have to stay on for a certain number of days... we cancel because we no longer wish to try their products.

Ease up bro, if you think these sites aren't making money then you're fooling yourself.

Well said SCAMFREE! This is the evidence that scammers are among merchants as well as among consumers, unfortunately. This forum is not moderated right now, and this is why freebies scammers can flourish in here...hopefully it will change.

Quote Originally Posted by FairTradeAuthority
    Well said SCAMFREE! This is the evidence that scammers are among merchants as well as among consumers, unfortunately. This forum is not moderated right now, and this is why freebies scammers can flourish in here...hopefully it will change.
    How about this.....
    Find me a freebie scammer site forum and maybe....
    I'll leave....
    :)

LUNARCY69, you don't have to leave. Just don't complain when a merchant scams you.

LUNARCY69, you don't have to leave. Just don't complain when a merchant scams you.
    Fair enough!!! You live up to your name!!!
    :)

and the quicker it does get moderated then the quicker
    all the freebie-seekers will leave. Sadly Scam.com seems to
    be swamped with these people at present.

The only way to truly scam a freebie site is to do the same site more than once for the same gift. Telling someone how to cancel, when to cancel...etc, it NOT scamming.

Each different company(Blocklbuster, Trimlife, Video Professor, etc.) sets up their own conditions for their own offers. They tell you up front that you must purchase a trial, and cancel it if you don't like it. So if I do purchase this trial, and cancel it, that is NOT scamming. How in the hell could you think that it is? If it is scamming, then the company itself told me how to scam itself, because I am only doing what is allowed by THEM. They should not be so lax on their conditions. I have seen offers that weren't so easy. For example, you had to spend $1500 dollars at a place to get credit.

And yes, all these "tricks" should be allowed to be posted. It is no real secret that I need to cancel Trimlife within 7 days. Why is it not a secret??? Because TRIMLIFE SAYS IT ON THEIR OWN F_CKING WEBPAGE! It is not a trick, it is not a scam, it is exactly what the company said to do. If Trimlife does not want people to order some crap and cancel it, then they need to change their conditions to not allow people to do it. It is very simple really.

11-18-2005 12:44 AM
    jpaulgor The only way to truly scam a freebie site is to do the same site more than once for the same gift. Telling someone how to cancel, when to cancel...etc, it NOT scamming.

Each different company(Blocklbuster, Trimlife, Video Professor, etc.) sets up their own conditions for their own offers. They tell you up front that you must purchase a trial, and cancel it if you don't like it. So if I do purchase this trial, and cancel it, that is NOT scamming. How in the hell could you think that it is? If it is scamming, then the company itself told me how to scam itself, because I am only doing what is allowed by THEM. They should not be so lax on their conditions. I have seen offers that weren't so easy. For example, you had to spend $1500 dollars at a place to get credit.

And yes, all these "tricks" should be allowed to be posted. It is no real secret that I need to cancel Trimlife within 7 days. Why is it not a secret??? Because TRIMLIFE SAYS IT ON THEIR OWN F_CKING WEBPAGE! It is not a trick, it is not a scam, it is exactly what the company said to do. If Trimlife does not want people to order some crap and cancel it, then they need to change their conditions to not allow people to do it. It is very simple really
    WOW YOU'RE REALLY DELUSIONAL, If you do any site where it's not permited you recieve more than one gift, it's scamming same gift or not. When you tell people what to sign up for it's scamming, when you try a product more than once it's scamming, 99% of offers are just for you to try the product out and find out whether you like it or not, but when you try a product just because it's easy credit and never had a intrest in it and know you are gonna cancel, that's a scam. When you sign up for the same offer over and over with the only motive being to get credit then cancel that's a scam, If trimlife says it takes 7 days to decide wheter you like the product, than that's what it means it isn't saying you have 7 days to get your money back and get credit for our offer and it surely doesn't say you can sign up over and over and blockbuster any many others will only let you sign up once for there trial, because they want you to decide if you like it not use them to get an item for free and if it;s so obvious than why not point the person in the direction of the offer, I mean really people trying to justify thier scamming :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by SCAM FREE
    WOW YOU'RE REALLY DELUSIONAL, If you do any site where it's not permited you recieve more than one gift, it's scamming same gift or not.
    That is what I said. We are on the same page with this issue. This is scamming, and it is the only way to scam these free sites.

When you tell people what to sign up for it's scamming,
    no.

when you try a product more than once it's scamming,
    no. If the individual company allows this to happen, then how are you scamming them?

99% of offers are just for you to try the product out and find out whether you like it or not, but when you try a product just because it's easy credit and never had a intrest in it and know you are gonna cancel, that's a scam.
    no. Again, this allowed per the conditions of each company. Most of them say "if for any reason you are not happy, call and cancel." The reason in this case was that I didn't want the product in the first place. I was using it as a means to an end.

When you sign up for the same offer over and over with the only motive being to get credit then cancel that's a scam,
    Again, no. Any company has the means to not allow this to happen if they want to. If they allow me to sign up for the trial using the same info, and same credit card 5 different times, then it is not scamming. THEY are allowing this to take place.

If trimlife says it takes 7 days to decide wheter you like the product, than that's what it means it isn't saying you have 7 days to get your money back and get credit for our offer
    No, that is exactly what is says. To get credit for this offer, you must purchase the trial. And according to Trimlife, you have the option to cancel the trial within 7 days. So logic dictates that Trimlife gives you credit for purchasing a trial and canceling it. It is simple logic really.

and it surely doesn't say you can sign up over and over and blockbuster any many others will only let you sign up once for there trial, because they want you to decide if you like it not use them to get an item for free
    See, this is good policy. Only let people sign up for it once. They have the means to do it, but a lot of the companies don't do it. Again it is their fault.

JPAULGOR, you are wrong. Once again it seems that it is not clear what a scam is at scam.com. The fact that you have the right to cancel, does not mean that you can cancel when you already know in adavnce that you are not interested in the product/service you are gonna try. In fact you are not even going to try it. You deceive the company offeriong you that opportunity letting them think that you are going to try the service and that if you are unsatisfied with it you will cancel it and if not you will keep it, just for getting a free gift: this is a scam. Try to think if everybody did like you: every company would go bnkrupt. If you already know that you are not gonna use a product service, not even to try it, you simply shouldn't apply, because doing so the company spends money and you steal money from them. There is a law about bona fide in a transaction and when this bona fide lacks the faulty party is simply scamming the other party. Let me ask you something: how many companies have NO REFUND, NO MATTER WHAT in their TOS? Do you bet that if you buy something from them and then you don't like the product you are gonna ask for a refund, and if not given as per their TOS you gonna come here and yell at scam? No surprises that always more businesses have tough, ridiculous TOS, with consumers thinking as you think.

JPAULGOR, your arguments wouldn't live for a second, in a court. There is something called bona fide in each and every transaction happening: signing up for something that, as you say, you are not interested already before you sign for, lacks in bona fide = you tried to deceive the vendor = you are a scammer. You don't have to trust me, if you don't want, no problems...i'm just saying this for others that might have a more open mind and look at how things are beyond their interest in a free thing.

ScamFree, why did you join just to make trouble on our forum. If yo dont like what we talk about dont join. Simple

Scamfree you are welcome to join my board. You can get to it through my website link in my profile. We have tons of legitimate freebies and everyone is very honest. In fact we have one lady who didn't want to take advantage of the $50 test drive offer because she doesn't have plans to buy a car right now :)

JUNIOR6886, this is a forum about scams, not about freebies ;)

JPAULGOR, your arguments wouldn't live for a second, in a court. There is something called bona fide in each and every transaction happening: signing up for something that, as you say, you are not interested already before you sign for, lacks in bona fide = you tried to deceive the vendor = you are a scammer. You don't have to trust me, if you don't want, no problems...i'm just saying this for others that might have a more open mind and look at how things are beyond their interest in a free thing.
    Thanks for your input FairTrade, but this isn't court. I don't have to prove anything to a judge. All I have to do is follow the rules of the companies. The rules state that I must buy the trial to get credit. BUY THE TRIAL. Nothing else. Just look at the pop ups at EFG. "TO RECEIVE CREDIT YOU MUST MAKE A SUCCESSFUL PURCHASE"...ie buy the trial. That is it. I buy a trial and I get credit. The company I bought it from told me up front that I am free to cancel it. Again, really simple logic. Buy the trial and cancel. I am following all rules of both parties involved(the free gift site, and the actual business that I bought the trial from). There is no room for arguements.

You may think it is unethical to buy a trial that you don't even care about, but ethics is a completely different subject. Ethics have no place in a discussion about logic.