+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CHENEY to START SWINGING

Thank God...it is about time...

Excerpts As Prepared For Delivery Tonight by Vice President Cheney

THE VICE PRESIDENT: "As most of you know, I have spent a lot of years in public service, and first came to work in Washington, D.C. back in the late 1960s. I know what it’s like to operate in a highly charged political environment, in which the players on all sides of an issue feel passionately and speak forcefully.

In such an environment people sometimes lose their cool, and yet in Washington you can ordinarily rely on some basic measure of truthfulness and good faith in the conduct of political debate. But in the last several weeks we have seen a wild departure from that tradition.

And the suggestion that’s been made by some U. S. senators that the President of the United States or any member of this Administration purposely misled the American people on pre-war intelligence is one of the most dishonest and reprehensible charges ever aired in this city...

Some of the most irresponsible comments have, of course, come from politicians who actually voted in favor of authorizing force against Saddam Hussein. These are elected officials who had access to the intelligence, and were free to draw their own conclusions.

They arrived at the same judgment about Iraq’s capabilities and intentions that was made by this Administration and by the previous Administration. There was broad-based, bipartisan agreement that Saddam Hussein was a threat … that he had violated U.N. Security Council Resolutions … and that, in a post-9/11 world, we couldn’t afford to take the word of a dictator who had a history of WMD programs, who had excluded weapons inspectors, who had defied the demands of the international community, who had been designated an official state sponsor of terror, and who had committed mass murder.

Those are facts.

What we’re hearing now is some politicians contradicting their own statements and making a play for political advantage in the middle of a war. The saddest part is that our people in uniform have been subjected to these cynical and pernicious falsehoods day in and day out. American soldiers and Marines are out there every day in dangerous conditions and desert temperatures – conducting raids, training Iraqi forces, countering attacks, seizing weapons, and capturing killers – and back home a few opportunists are suggesting they were sent into battle for a lie.

The President and I cannot prevent certain politicians from losing their memory, or their backbone – but we’re not going to sit by and let them rewrite history.

We’re going to continue throwing their own words back at them. And far more important, we’re going to continue sending a consistent message to the men and women who are fighting the war on terror in Iraq, Afghanistan, and many other fronts.

We can never say enough how much we appreciate them, and how proud they make us. They and their families can be certain: That this cause is right … and the performance of our military has been brave and honorable … and this nation will stand behind our fighting forces with pride and without wavering until the day of victory.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/Com...Cheney_pf.html
    __________________________________________________ ________-

This will make many Americans feel proud...as they should. Unfortunately, those who should feel ashamed will not , as they have a demonstrated immunity to shame.

__________________________________________________ ______________
    Last edited by pwrone; 11-17-2005 at 07:32 AM.

umdkook Guest

Re: CHENEY to START SWINGING

well they were sent there on a lie, werent they??

is it bad for America's business to cry foul and get the troops home so no more have to suffer for Iraqis, who will turn on us the minute the US leaves there anyways??

or is worse to keep them there, extend their tours, spend billions, and then deny them their bonuses?

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone

[SIZE=3]Excerpts As Prepared For Delivery Tonight by Vice President Cheney

THE VICE PRESIDENT: "As most of you know, I have spent a lot of years in public service, and first came to work in Washington, D.C. back in the late 1960s. I know what it’s like to operate in a highly charged political environment, in which the players on all sides of an issue feel passionately and speak forcefully.

In such an environment people sometimes lose their cool, and yet in Washington you can ordinarily rely on some basic measure of truthfulness and good faith in the conduct of political debate. But in the last several weeks we have seen a wild departure from that tradition.

And the suggestion that’s been made by some U. S. senators that the President of the United States or any member of this Administration purposely misled the American people on pre-war intelligence is one of the most dishonest and reprehensible charges ever aired in this city...

Some of the most irresponsible comments have, of course, come from politicians who actually voted in favor of authorizing force against Saddam Hussein. These are elected officials who had access to the intelligence, and were free to draw their own conclusions.

They arrived at the same judgment about Iraq’s capabilities and intentions that was made by this Administration and by the previous Administration. There was broad-based, bipartisan agreement that Saddam Hussein was a threat … that he had violated U.N. Security Council Resolutions … and that, in a post-9/11 world, we couldn’t afford to take the word of a dictator who had a history of WMD programs, who had excluded weapons inspectors, who had defied the demands of the international community, who had been designated an official state sponsor of terror, and who had committed mass murder.

Those are facts.

What we’re hearing now is some politicians contradicting their own statements and making a play for political advantage in the middle of a war. The saddest part is that our people in uniform have been subjected to these cynical and pernicious falsehoods day in and day out. American soldiers and Marines are out there every day in dangerous conditions and desert temperatures – conducting raids, training Iraqi forces, countering attacks, seizing weapons, and capturing killers – and back home a few opportunists are suggesting they were sent into battle for a lie.

The President and I cannot prevent certain politicians from losing their memory, or their backbone – but we’re not going to sit by and let them rewrite history.

We’re going to continue throwing their own words back at them. And far more important, we’re going to continue sending a consistent message to the men and women who are fighting the war on terror in Iraq, Afghanistan, and many other fronts.

We can never say enough how much we appreciate them, and how proud they make us. They and their families can be certain: That this cause is right … and the performance of our military has been brave and honorable … and this nation will stand behind our fighting forces with pride and without wavering until the day of victory.
    SSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOO!?what do you expect!?cheney sucks dick like a lewinski(his own!?)(morality thing)naw.......cant reach it!!BWAHAHAHAA!!!so instead......he just probes his own pooper scooper!!now that's a spicey meataball!!(family tradition i guess)!!it's all good!!look at his RECORD!!BWAHAHAHAHAAA!!!suckup or duck!!that's the play these days!!never miss a chance to contradicK youself!!:eek: :p :D

__________________________________________________ ______

Quote Originally Posted by umdkook
    well they were sent there on a lie, werent they??

is it bad for America's business to cry foul and get the troops home so no more have to suffer for Iraqis, who will turn on us the minute the US leaves there anyways??

or is worse to keep them there, extend their tours, spend billions, and then deny them their bonuses?
    Ya, Dems and Liberals have nothing to do with LYING to the troops. That falls to Bush and Cheney. Idealists should not be running the country.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Ya, Dems and Liberals have nothing to do with LYING to the troops. That falls to Bush and Cheney. Idealists should not be running the country.

Lady Mod

If you have any evidence that anyone lied to the troops about anything, the DNC is looking for you. No one else has shown any. But hurry, before this sick and sad smear campaign is done.

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

Just hide and watch... things are just beginning to get underway.
    The note is approaching shrill and the finger pointing's gonna become
    a blur. :cool:

Forget about weather or not this administration lied or not to get us into war, we are there. And Rumsfeld himself admitted that mistakes were made. President Bush rushed to war without a gameplan, that's why there is a majority of opposition to the war effort now. The plan was flawed from the get go. I do not understand how the people that support this administration could be so blind as to all the corruption that is going on close to the president. Now that all this negative information is getting to strong for them to handle, what do they do? Bush & Cheney on Veterans Day and yesterday when 11 American soliders died in Iraq use the war as a political ploy to advance thier agenda and reasoning. They should be ashamed. Karl Rove must have whispered in their ear to start the attack campaign. Why do the Bushkoviks think that it's unpatriotic to question the leader of our government, who is suppose to answer to the people. This administration has been nothing but incompetent to say the least. They are ruining our country respect wise and even more so finacially. It took 225 years and 42 presidents to put the U.S. one trillion dollars in foreign held debt, can you believe it took Bush just 4 years to do the same thing. We must continue to question not only his competence but his leadership also. I would also add that everyone who sees what's happening needs to get involved in your local community democratic party and help take back the white house in 2006 and 2008. We can do it, people in their own party don't even want Bush or Cheney near them during election time. WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU ?

Quote Originally Posted by tommy4887
    Forget about weather or not this administration lied or not to get us into war, we are there. And Rumsfeld himself admitted that mistakes were made. President Bush rushed to war without a gameplan, that's why there is a majority of opposition to the war effort now. The plan was flawed from the get go. I do not understand how the people that support this administration could be so blind as to all the corruption that is going on close to the president. Now that all this negative information is getting to strong for them to handle, what do they do? Bush & Cheney on Veterans Day and yesterday when 11 American soliders died in Iraq use the war as a political ploy to advance thier agenda and reasoning. They should be ashamed. Karl Rove must have whispered in their ear to start the attack campaign. Why do the Bushkoviks think that it's unpatriotic to question the leader of our government, who is suppose to answer to the people. This administration has been nothing but incompetent to say the least. They are ruining our country respect wise and even more so finacially. It took 225 years and 42 presidents to put the U.S. one trillion dollars in foreign held debt, can you believe it took Bush just 4 years to do the same thing. We must continue to question not only his competence but his leadership also. I would also add that everyone who sees what's happening needs to get involved in your local community democratic party and help take back the white house in 2006 and 2008. We can do it, people in their own party don't even want Bush or Cheney near them during election time. WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU ?

This is an actual thoughtful post with some salient points. Once a day, like clockwork, a nearly coherent post is made in criticism of the President. I say nearly coherent because it quickly runs off the track. The first line above is something that dems will have to do eventually. Yes, mistakes were made in the runup and execution of the war, as always are.Yes, there is a very real problem with our deficit that needs to be addressed. However, I do not know of anyone who thinks it is unpatriotic to question our leaders. But it IS anti-American to invent stories that undermine our governments goals. Period. Once these scumbags began to lie about their
    own words about Iraq, that was the moment it ceased to be good honest criticism.

It is the very nature of these creatures to hide their intentions, knowing that their agenda is sick and twisted.

They WILL NOT simply say either: A) We should have waited before going in or B) I was wrong to have supported it or C) We were wrong to have gone in at all. Why? Well, they have CALCULATED that these positions will not help them with voters. It is NEVER about what they actually believe. Trying to ride the 'Bush lied' horsey has been rather effective so far, mainly due to the unwillingness of the President to stoop down to engage these maggots. However, eventually, it will become clear to all what it has been about . This is why hillary has been fairly silent, almost supprtoive of what we are doing over there. It is not because she ACTUALLY believes in it...we know she does not. It is because she believes it will help her in her next campaign,which it very well might.

The last thing liberals want to do is tell the truth about what they are really thinking. It is because they have correctly guessed that normal Americans will recoil in disgust from their positions of appeasement in foreign policy and the destruction of moral codes at home.
    Last edited by pwrone; 11-17-2005 at 10:51 PM.

If you have any evidence that anyone lied to the troops about anything, the DNC is looking for you. No one else has shown any. But hurry, before this sick and sad smear campaign is done.
    http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?p=120249#post120249

Out of the "horse's" own mouth.

Lady Mod

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?p=120249#post120249

Out of the "horse's" own mouth.

Lady Mod

Stupid or evil...? I think that most dems understand this definition...I think they just don't care. So, evil it is.

lie 2 (l)
    n.
    1. A false statement deliberately presented as being true; a falsehood.
    2. Something meant to deceive or give a wrong impression.
    v. lied, ly·ing (lng), lies
    v.intr.
    1. To present false information with the intention of deceiving.
    2. To convey a false image or impression: Appearances often lie.
    v.tr.

Let us not forget that there is NO evidence of ANY lying. And anyone who says so is calling the members of several independent investigations liars, as well. Is that what you are doing?

Stupid or evil...? I think that most dems understand this definition...I think they just don't care. So, evil it is.

lie 2 (l)
    n.
    1. A false statement deliberately presented as being true; a falsehood.
    2. Something meant to deceive or give a wrong impression.
    v. lied, ly·ing (lng), lies
    v.intr.
    1. To present false information with the intention of deceiving.
    2. To convey a false image or impression: Appearances often lie.
    v.tr.

Let us not forget that there is NO evidence of ANY lying. And anyone who says so is calling the members of several independent investigations liars, as well. Is that what you are doing?
    Such a simple thing to read the post I lead you to and see the evidence of lying. And Pwrone, given how many articles you purposely have posted on this forum and skewed (lied) about what they say, I hardly think that you are in a position to educate anyone here on what a lie is. Of course unless you are using yourself as the example of what a liar is, then we only need to read the threads you start to realize that.

Namaste'

Lady Mod

Oh yeah pwrone, like I'm really going to respect anything Mr. Five Deferments Cheney has to say.

umdkook Guest

pwrone i love you---i hope you never leave us

ur still my fellow americna, so i have much love

[QUOTE]

Excerpts As Prepared For Delivery Tonight by Vice President Cheney

This FAT and his FAT PENQUIN SUIT needs to SIT DOWN and SHUT UP...

His APPROVAL RATING is 19% !!! :o

Who CARES what he SAYS...
    :rolleyes: :p

Besides YOU pwrone.... ;)
    Last edited by sojustask; 11-18-2005 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Clean up the language

hey pwrone.... Dave Letterman was talking about Jeb Bush saying he wants to run for President!?.....

Letterman THINKS it's a GREAT IDEA ....... he said:

"SOMEBODY'S gonna have to PARDON HIS BROTHER"!!!!!! :eek:

:D :D :D hehehehe

Such a simple thing to read the post I lead you to and see the evidence of lying. And Pwrone, given how many articles you purposely have posted on this forum and skewed (lied) about what they say, I hardly think that you are in a position to educate anyone here on what a lie is. Of course unless you are using yourself as the example of what a liar is, then we only need to read the threads you start to realize that.

Namaste'

Lady Mod

I will , as usual, ask for examples. You will, as always, provide none. Really. Something. C'mon. You can call the President a liar without any evidence , now you want to do it to me? Prove it or #@$% it.

Even you must realize that this 'strategery' is going to run it's course. Don't you think one of the many investigations would have said something about it? Maybe? No? So now you got "fitz" caught in a lie, earle caught in a lie, who is next? Every one of the soulless scumbags who claims that Bush lied is a LIAR so it is basically your entire side of the aisle.