+ Reply to Thread

DeLay attorneys ask judge to rush prosecutors

Are we surprised? :rolleyes:
    They are really reaching for anything to get this thing dismissed. Maybe they are getting "cold feet"?

Nov. 15, 2005, 7:28PM
    DeLay attorneys ask judge to rush prosecutors
    Associated Press

AUSTIN — An attorney for U.S. Rep. Tom DeLay is trying to prompt a response from prosecutors who have not yet answered several motions that are to be argued in court next week.

DeLay's legal team has filed requests to dismiss the money laundering and criminal conspiracy charges against the former House majority leader. But, prosecutors who brought the charges against DeLay have not yet responded to the motions, which are expected to be addressed during a hearing today.

Attorney Dick DeGuerin asked visiting Judge Pat Priest to set a noon Friday deadline for District Attorney Ronnie Earle's office to file their court briefs.

"I believe this request is reasonable, given the length of time our pleadings have been on file and our need to review any responses over the weekend and Monday preceding the hearing," DeGuerin wrote in a letter to Priest.

Earle's office did not respond to the request.

DeLay and two of his associates are charged with criminal conspiracy and money laundering in the case, which stems from fund-raising and spending in the 2002 Texas legislative races. The three are accused of orchestrating a scheme that routed corporate donations through DeLay's Texas political action committee to the national Republican party, which then returned nearly the same amount back to seven Texas House candidates. Use of corporate donations for direct campaign expenditures is illegal in Texas.

Defense attorneys are arguing that the charges should be dropped because of alleged prosecutorial misconduct and because a portion of the law that Earle claims DeLay violated didn't apply to elections at the time. DeLay is also seeking to have the trial moved from liberal-leaning Travis County to Fort Bend County, DeLay's home turf.

Re: DeLay attorneys ask judge to rush prosecutors

There is absolutely no case here and earle is trying to keep it alive as long as he can. That is it...that is all. earle is a dirty bastard even by Texas standards. Why, this seems similar to a lot of other unfounded accusations from the left, doesn't it? 5 investigations is not enough...always time for a few more. Just keep it out there as long as possible, then, when dismissed, move on to the next one( or demand more of the same)Constant relentless losing has made them crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    There is absolutely no case here and earle is trying to keep it alive as long as he can. That is it...that is all. earle is a dirty bastard even by Texas standards. Why, this seems similar to a lot of other unfounded accusations from the left, doesn't it? 5 investigations is not enough...always time for a few more. Just keep it out there as long as possible, then, when dismissed, move on to the next one( or demand more of the same)Constant relentless losing has made them crazy...
    You'll believe anything won't you? Just as long as you think you can pin it on the left. I pity you, really pity you.

Earle has not been proved out to be any kind of "dirty bastard" by Texas or any other standards.

Hey, the Right have quite an extensive network in which to hide their dirty deeds. It requires more than one partisan investigation.

Maybe the Right should not try hiding everything, they would look a lot more honest that way.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    You'll believe anything won't you? Just as long as you think you can pin it on the left. I pity you, really pity you.

Earle has not been proved out to be any kind of "dirty bastard" by Texas or any other standards.

Hey, the Right have quite an extensive network in which to hide their dirty deeds. It requires more than one partisan investigation.

Maybe the Right should not try hiding everything, they would look a lot more honest that way.

Lady Mod

Tell me what is the exact number of NON-partisan investigations of the same subject that should be required? Why not just say you would not have gone into Iraq with the evidence we had? I know why. Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    Tell me what is the exact number of NON-partisan investigations of the same subject that should be required? Why not just say you would not have gone into Iraq with the evidence we had? I know why. Do you?
    let me guess....pick on the weak and permissive!?the clinton years made them hopeful of integration...........and bang!!the repubs use that weakness to exploit the money grubbing wallstreet machine of the american dream!!??sound like a winner to a loser like you!?YUP!!and i definately know why!!keep the great satan rollin along!!sounds like a PLAN!!your so proud of your PLAN!!do we DARE explore SATANS plan together!?EVER hear of the DEVILS in the DETAILS!?ya'll come back now!!:eek: :p :rolleyes: