+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hillary celebrates KLANSMAN at home of ABOLITIONIST

The joke is that they see nothing wrong with it... if a GOPer were to do anything remotely like it, it is impossible for the human mind to comprehend the level of righteous indignation these rotten, soulless creatures would muster.

Jeanine Pirro Blasts Hillary's Party for Ex-Klansman

New York Senate hopeful Jeanine Pirro is blasting 2008 presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton for throwing a birthday party tonight for Ku Klux Klansman-turned-Senator Robert Byrd at the home of a civil rights pioneer.

"It's outrageous and shocking that Senator Clinton and her Democrat colleagues would choose Frederick Douglass' house to honor Senator Robert Byrd, who has a history of involvement with hate groups and has used racial slurs publicly," Pirro spokeswoman Andrea Tantaros told the Associated Press.

"Any person who has made racially insensitive comments and participated in groups that promote ethnic prejudice - Republican or Democrat - does not deserve support from a United States senator, especially the senator from New York, at a landmark that is so cherished by those who respect and honor racial equality," Pirro's spokeswoman added.

Byrd joined the Klan in 1943 and rose the level of Kleagle before being unanimously elected to the office of Grand Cyclops. He claims to have resigned a few months later. But in 1946 Byrd wrote the Klan's Grand Imperial Wizard to express his support.

"Klan is needed today as never before and I am anxious to see its rebirth," the top Democrat urged.
    Byrd led the filibuster of the 1964 Civil Rights Act and called notorious white supremacist Sen. Richard B. Russell, who was chiefly remembered for blocking anti-lynching legislation, "my mentor." In 1972 Byrd sponsored legislation to name the Senate's main office building after Russell.

As recently as 2001, the West Virginia Democrat was still using the N-word in television interviews.

Mrs. Clinton's spokesman, Howard Wolfson, defended her tribute to the longtime racist, saying Pirro's criticism was off base.

"Sadly, Ms. Pirro continues to wage a campaign of insults and attacks instead of offering New Yorkers a positive agenda," he said, without explaining why Mrs. Clinton was honoring the one-time nightrider.

The former first lady's tribute to Byrd is sure to spark comparisons with Sen. Trent Lott, who had to resign his Senate leadership post after he praised the late Senator Strom Thurmond at his 100th birthday party.
    Though Thurmond was once a pro-segregationist Dixiecrat - he never joined the Klan.

Unlike the Lott episode, however, it's not clear whether any toasts to the ex-Klansman by prominent Democrats will be videotaped.

__________________________________________________ _____________

In another shining example of "do as I say, not as I do", the left celebrates this drooling racist freak as if he were a key spokesman for the democratic party...oh, wait...that's right...he IS a key spokesman for the democratic party.

Re: hillary celebrates KLANSMAN at home of ABOLITIONIST

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byrd%2C_Robert

One point of interest is the segment on Sen. Byrd's voting record.

P.

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    The joke is that they see nothing wrong with it... if a GOPer were to do anything remotely like it, it is impossible for the human mind to comprehend the level of righteous indignation these rotten, soulless creatures would muster.

Jeanine Pirro Blasts Hillary's Party for Ex-Klansman

New York Senate hopeful Jeanine Pirro is blasting 2008 presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton for throwing a birthday party tonight for Ku Klux Klansman-turned-Senator Robert Byrd at the home of a civil rights pioneer.

"It's outrageous and shocking that Senator Clinton and her Democrat colleagues would choose Frederick Douglass' house to honor Senator Robert Byrd, who has a history of involvement with hate groups and has used racial slurs publicly," Pirro spokeswoman Andrea Tantaros told the Associated Press.

"Any person who has made racially insensitive comments and participated in groups that promote ethnic prejudice - Republican or Democrat - does not deserve support from a United States senator, especially the senator from New York, at a landmark that is so cherished by those who respect and honor racial equality," Pirro's spokeswoman added.

Byrd joined the Klan in 1943 and rose the level of Kleagle before being unanimously elected to the office of Grand Cyclops. He claims to have resigned a few months later. But in 1946 Byrd wrote the Klan's Grand Imperial Wizard to express his support.

"Klan is needed today as never before and I am anxious to see its rebirth," the top Democrat urged.
    Byrd led the filibuster of the 1964 Civil Rights Act and called notorious white supremacist Sen. Richard B. Russell, who was chiefly remembered for blocking anti-lynching legislation, "my mentor." In 1972 Byrd sponsored legislation to name the Senate's main office building after Russell.

As recently as 2001, the West Virginia Democrat was still using the N-word in television interviews.

Mrs. Clinton's spokesman, Howard Wolfson, defended her tribute to the longtime racist, saying Pirro's criticism was off base.

"Sadly, Ms. Pirro continues to wage a campaign of insults and attacks instead of offering New Yorkers a positive agenda," he said, without explaining why Mrs. Clinton was honoring the one-time nightrider.

The former first lady's tribute to Byrd is sure to spark comparisons with Sen. Trent Lott, who had to resign his Senate leadership post after he praised the late Senator Strom Thurmond at his 100th birthday party.
    Though Thurmond was once a pro-segregationist Dixiecrat - he never joined the Klan.

Unlike the Lott episode, however, it's not clear whether any toasts to the ex-Klansman by prominent Democrats will be videotaped.

__________________________________________________ _____________

In another shining example of "do as I say, not as I do", the left celebrates this drooling racist freak as if he were a key spokesman for the democratic party...oh, wait...that's right...he IS a key spokesman for the democratic party.

Ha..ha..ha...How desperate can GOP vermin get when they trail a democrat by about 30 points? Always eager to denounce "political correctness", they sure "get religion" fast when they think there is an opportunity for another political smear in it. Pirro, who is nothing more than a mobster's gun maw, is showing us there is no limit to the depth they won't sink. But, then again, we already knew that. She should have gone to the slammer right along with her husband when they locked his ass up for bribery and tax evasion. They're so dirty, flies pass up fresh dog sh!t to follow them down the street.
    Last edited by dchristie; 11-16-2005 at 04:53 PM.

I'm confused pwrone... :confused:

In reading Paul's reference to Bryd's voting record, I would think he would be one of your FAVORITE Democrats!!

He DIDN'T always agree with Clinton, he shares YOUR conservative views on abortion, he was in FAVOR of Bush's nomination of John Roberts.... not exactly the views of a "damn liberal"!!!

As far as the birthday party... WHATEVER! He's a fellow colleague of Hillary's and an OLD MAN!! What's the big deal?

As far as the KKK? You know how I feel about this organization... I believe it was what it was - back in the 40s - when Byrd was in his 20s. Bringing up something like that NOW is like comparing apples to oranges.. you know how things were way back then. Byrd obviously has not lived his life as a racist. And his use of the n- word in 2001, was in reference to "white n--s" when ask about race relations. Should he be using that word at all - do I think it's okay? NO - but in the context of the conversation, I would say he was after the "shock factor", which as you know, sometimes has a very powerful affect on the issue.

Having this party at Douglass's home? Again, Byrd does not practice racism, so what's the problem? And if you read Byrd's voting record, you will see that he was also an admirer of Martin Luther King...

I think this story is taking a simple gesture and blowing it completely out of proportion... Byrd has been a Senator for a very long time - he wouldn't keep getting re-elected if he was even remotely practicing the beliefs of the KKK - it doesn't make an sense..........

Quote Originally Posted by Connecticut Victim
    I'm confused pwrone... :confused:

In reading Paul's reference to Bryd's voting record, I would think he would be one of your FAVORITE Democrats!!

He DIDN'T always agree with Clinton, he shares YOUR conservative views on abortion, he was in FAVOR of Bush's nomination of John Roberts.... not exactly the views of a "damn liberal"!!!

As far as the birthday party... WHATEVER! He's a fellow colleague of Hillary's and an OLD MAN!! What's the big deal?

As far as the KKK? You know how I feel about this organization... I believe it was what it was - back in the 40s - when Byrd was in his 20s. Bringing up something like that NOW is like comparing apples to oranges.. you know how things were way back then. Byrd obviously has not lived his life as a racist. And his use of the n- word in 2001, was in reference to "white n--s" when ask about race relations. Should he be using that word at all - do I think it's okay? NO - but in the context of the conversation, I would say he was after the "shock factor", which as you know, sometimes has a very powerful affect on the issue.

Having this party at Douglass's home? Again, Byrd does not practice racism, so what's the problem? And if you read Byrd's voting record, you will see that he was also an admirer of Martin Luther King...

I think this story is taking a simple gesture and blowing it completely out of proportion... Byrd has been a Senator for a very long time - he wouldn't keep getting re-elected if he was even remotely practicing the beliefs of the KKK - it doesn't make an sense..........

This story is a banquet of irony and blatant hypocrisy. If a Republican did anything remotely similar he would be tormented out of office by the press and the above celebrants.

This story is a banquet of irony and blatant hypocrisy. If a Republican did anything remotely similar he would be tormented out of office by the press and the above celebrants.
    I don't think so pwrone... I think most people would see it as the simple gesture that it is... a birthday party for a fellow colleague...

The whole Lott/Thurmond thing happened because of SHEER stupidity on Lott's part!! Seriously... here's what Lott said:

"I want to say this about my state: When Strom Thurmond ran for president, we voted for him. We're proud of it. And if the rest of the country had followed our lead, we wouldn't have had all these problems over all these years, either," Lott said at last week's party.

Thurmond ran as the presidential nominee of the breakaway Dixiecrat Party in the 1948 presidential race against Democrat Harry Truman and Republican Thomas Dewey. He carried Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi and his home state of South Carolina, of which he was governor at the time.

During the campaign, he said, "All the laws of Washington and all the bayonets of the Army cannot force the Negro into our homes, our schools, our churches."

Thurmond's party ran under a platform that declared in part, "We stand for the segregation of the races and the racial integrity of each race."

Maybe it was taken too far... but it certainly cannot be fairly compared to this Hillary/Byrd situation. Lott referred to a part of Thurmond's past that BLATANTLY portrayed him as a racist, and then added his own "opinion" about how things would be NOW if Thurmond had been elected!! Lott was an idiot!!

Plus... finding out that Thurmond has an illegitimate black daughter didn't help things either... :rolleyes: It still amazes me that this woman stayed quiet ALL THOSE years!! Most people would have shouting that from the rooftops!

Yeah...that is an amazing story...that I JUST learned from you!

I think that if the identical thing happened, with the party in this location and a GOP host, you would see a press-frenzy of considerable magnitude. It is hard to measure the gulf between the treatment certain folks get compared to others.

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

Me thinketh they (RNC & Assoc.) are getting shrill and protesting wayyy
    tooo much, as in d e s p e r a t i o n!

Quote Originally Posted by dchristie
    Ha..ha..ha...How desperate can GOP vermin get when they trail a democrat by about 30 points? Always eager to denounce "political correctness", they sure "get religion" fast when they think there is an opportunity for another political smear in it. Pirro, who is nothing more than a mobster's gun maw, is showing us there is no limit to the depth they won't sink. But, then again, we already knew that. She should have gone to the slammer right along with her husband when they locked his ass up for bribery and tax evasion. They're so dirty, flies pass up fresh dog sh!t to follow them down the street.

Pirro is, in actuality, a crusader against sex-offenders, and she makes a good point. But even more to the point is the knee-jerk hatred that liberals feel toward a law and order candidate. Unless he is in charge of their OWN neighborhood ...then it's different. Pirro has worked her whole life to punish the very scum that the ACLU celebrates. I wonder why she isn't getting a fair shake in the press? Oh, wait...

Pirro is, in actuality, a crusader against sex-offenders, and she makes a good point. But even more to the point is the knee-jerk hatred that liberals feel toward a law and order candidate. Unless he is in charge of their OWN neighborhood ...then it's different. Pirro has worked her whole life to punish the very scum that the ACLU celebrates. I wonder why she isn't getting a fair shake in the press? Oh, wait...
    it has nothing to do with the press, Chimpy. We who live in New York are simply too familiar with her strutting, prancing and posing for the TV cameras in order to portray herself as a "crime fighter". Now there's a novel flag for a political wh0re to wave, eh?

Her crime fighting exploits often consist of busting somebody for not cleaning up after their dog or raiding a massage parlor...after making sure there's plenty of media toadies showing up to bury their cameras up her ass. If she were really interested in fighting crime, she would have dropped a dime on Albert years earlier and saved the tax payers of Westchester millions.
    Last edited by dchristie; 11-17-2005 at 03:56 AM.

[QUOTE]
    Yeah...that is an amazing story...that I JUST learned from you!
    Hey.. don't be such a smartass! I wasn't implying that you DIDN'T know the story.. :rolleyes: I was just refreshing your memory in case you forgot what Lott said that got his dumbass canned.... :o

I think that if the identical thing happened, with the party in this location and a GOP host, you would see a press-frenzy of considerable magnitude. It is hard to measure the gulf between the treatment certain folks get compared to others.
    I think your paranoid....... ;) It would just be a birthday party - who gives a sh-t!!

Hi CV,
    To be honest... when I first read the article I thought they must have worn white pointy hats as party favors and had little crosses on the cake instead of candles.

I agree as well... if a GOP member did the same thing it would be viewed as a birthday party.

As far as Byrds KKK past... he has admitted it was a mistake and advises others starting out in politics to avoid it and similar organizations. I can see where it could have been viewed as an opportunity in the 1940's... it was a VERY powerful organization at that time.

I haven't seen anything on this, but wasn't Republican President Calvin Coolidge rumored to have been a KKK member while in the White House?

P.

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulM
    To be honest... when I first read the article I thought they must have worn white pointy hats as party favors and had little crosses on the cake instead of candles.
    LOL

As far as Byrds KKK past... he has admitted it was a mistake and advises others starting out in politics to avoid it and similar organizations. I can see where it could have been viewed as an opportunity in the 1940's... it was a VERY powerful organization at that time.
    You're so right about this Paul. Thank God time has changed things, huh...

I haven't seen anything on this, but wasn't Republican President Calvin Coolidge rumored to have been a KKK member while in the White House?
    Looks like you are right... Woodrow Wilson, too:

"When Hiram W. Evans was elected Imperial Wizard, William Joseph Simmons became the Emperor. The KKK had numerous members, upwards of 6 million people. The Klan also had some prestigious members, such as Presidents Calvin Coolidge and Woodrow Wilson, as well as members within the Senate and other high ranking statesmen".

http://www.bok33.org/KKKhistory.html

And Harding, McKinley and Truman! :

"Other notable men were: President Warren G. Harding. He was sworn into the Ku Klux Klan in the White House by Imperial Wizard Simmons.

President Woodrow Wilson and President McKinley. Little is known of their Klan membership. I have one book that only mentions they were members, but that's all. McKinley was a Union officer, but many Union men joined or affiliated with the original Klan during the Radical Republican's anti-white Reconstruction Era. Wilson would have been a member of the Klan under Simmons.

President Calvin Coolidge. He allowed cross lightings on the Capitol steps and reviewed the giant Klan parades of 1925 & 26.

President Harry S. Truman was a minor ordinary Klansman from 1920-22. His membership was not notable. He later had a major falling out with the KKK over his desire to appoint Catholics to key political positions; something the KKK opposed at the time. He severed all ties with the KKK and openly repudiated them. They didn't call him, "give them Hell Harry", for nothing. His family has tired to deny his KKK membership ever since".

http://www.kkklan.com/wall.htm

P.
    I miss the "Cheers, Paul"... :(

[QUOTE=Connecticut Victim]
    Hey.. don't be such a smartass! I wasn't implying that you DIDN'T know the story.. :rolleyes: I was just refreshing your memory in case you forgot what Lott said that got his dumbass canned.... :o

I think your paranoid....... ;) It would just be a birthday party - who gives a sh-t!!

Um...actually...that titbit of news(the baby) had escaped my notice until your post.

The very idea that libs would ignore something even vaguely similar is ludicrous...as they have demonsrtrated countless times, they DO NOT CARE what the actual intent is, they will attack anyone, no matter the truth or the circumstances. And it is especially refreshing to see you defending a former "grand kleagle"(anything but a silent bystander) after your hysterical remarks about nazis and other scum. It is okay, apparently, if he is one of the leaders of YOUR political party. Got it.

umdkook Guest

o i dont know, its almost as disgusting as Bush telling us we need to invade Iraq now for the safety of the US...and then actually doing it!!!!

[QUOTE=Connecticut Victim]

I miss the "Cheers, Paul"... :(
    It'll be back... I haven't 'totally' lost it :)

cheers,
    Paul