+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 26

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    586

    Can Anyone Justify THIS?

    Hello All,

    First you have Pat Robertson calling for the assassination Of the president of a sovereign country, Hugo Chavez. Now you have "patriot" Bill O'Reilly, saying got an AMERICAN CITY, "[I]f Al-Quaeda cones in here and blows you up, we are not going to do anything about it..."

    This said because the citizens of San Francisco, voted to prohibiting on campus military recruiting of high schools and colleges.

    Can anyone explain, why this is O.K.

    O'Reilly to San Francisco

    DeeDee1965

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    586

    Re: Can Anyone Justify THIS?

    Can this be called treason?? Encouraging our enemies to attack an American city?

    DeeDee1965

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,553

    Re: Can Anyone Justify THIS?

    I don't know DeeDee... my first impression is that of a sarcastic, knee-jerk reaction to the vote... designed to provoke a response and to emphasize his displeasure with it. He does have a right to his opinion, which is just what this is.

    The sad thing is that if his words end up prophetic then he'll find himself out of a job faster than s**t through a goose.

    Cheers,
    Paul

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    28

    Re: Can Anyone Justify THIS?

    Sorry, but I am a total O'Reilly fan. I can't say I agree with everything he says, but he always brings up some great points (sarcastic or otherwise.) I really don't understand the "big deal" of not recruiting on campus. Why not? It's a free country, no? You don't have to listen if you don't want to...just walk away... Seems that this issue is moot...

  5. #5
    umdkook Guest

    Re: Can Anyone Justify THIS?

    well its a pretty terrible thing to say, but if its taken out of context, as it most likely is, then wateve rno big deal

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,383

    Re: Can Anyone Justify THIS?

    By saying something stupid like that, he has moved the focus off of an absolute travesty. It is kind of entertaining to watch San Francisco sink ever deeper into the muck of sickness and depravity...the fact that they would deny their own children the opportunity to serve their country is just another log on the fire...they also want only criminals to have guns. So, basically, they are france. But even gayer.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: Can Anyone Justify THIS?

    Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    By saying something stupid like that, he has moved the focus off of an absolute travesty. It is kind of entertaining to watch San Francisco sink ever deeper into the muck of sickness and depravity...the fact that they would deny their own children the opportunity to serve their country is just another log on the fire...they also want only criminals to have guns. So, basically, they are france. But even gayer.
    LOTTA BS mr.tin uglyface the worshipper of ahhnode the movie man with 50 hummers that can guzzle more gas in a day then 5000 homless orphans on mopeds(stolen)!we're you ever a "nice guy"!?got a favorite tune!?soumpin cheerful!?we know who you "play" in the S&M game!crack that whip!got DEVO on your tivo!?hey!!ever hear of NO SOLICITING here!?if they wannna serve,i guess they can look in the phonebook DONTCHA THINK!?!your afraid!!say it!!your world is crumbling like a cheap housa cards and who is there to blame!?gay pairee!!!!!!!!and bill oreilly is a hasbeen.like a long runnuin show he will fade out into bad and loose comments and hasten his demise.or maybe he's just hard hearted cause he aint "gettin" any!!(TOO EXPENSIVE)what exactly does he do for a livin!?beats WORKIN!!i wanna see him and franken go at it again!!oops!!almost forgot!!gods on your side!!ya look just like jesus!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    6,643

    Re: Can Anyone Justify THIS?

    You know Dee Dee, this is a good example of what I just don't understand about democrats.

    First, what do O'Reily and Robertson have in common? Give up... Well, neither one of them are politicians, and their words are just opinions from two citizens of this country.

    The reason I point this out is, we have had numerous democratic politicians (people who do represent this country) that get on satellite broadcasted television and say our soldiers that guard enemy prisoners are committing atrocities and compare them to the likes of Stalin, Hitler and Pol Pot. Then there are others that have said in front of the cameras (with our enemies watching) that our president illegally invaded a Muslim dominated country, lied to the people of the world to do it and did so for various selfish reasons including to steal their oil fields. The have said this now for going on 3 years without any hard evidence to substantiate those claims.

    This brings me to what I just don't understand about the democrats. How can you be so disturbed about the words of a religious freak and a person in the political entertainment business, because you think they could possibly be sending the wrong message to the enemy and to the world, when it doesn't seem to bother you people the slightest bit, when the people who do speak for this country say our military is evil and tortures their people, along with saying that our leader is using our military to rob the Muslim world blind, without any evidence to prove their statements?

    I'm serious here. How can you all on the left condone your elected officials telling our enemy's around the world, how evil we are when there hasn't been any trial, conviction, or even any hard evidence to back it up with? To top it off, we have our troops on the ground over there being put at an even greater risk because of this, and you all remain not only silent, but you seemingly encourage this behavior.

    Explain that if you can?

    .

  9. #9
    umdkook Guest

    Re: Can Anyone Justify THIS?

    by playing devils advocate, it is quite clear why some people would do these things.

    Is it right for the US to have torture prisons, misleading leaders who tell the people what they want to hear to advance their war agenda, white house affilitated officials leaking top secret information to the public??

    while it may not be PROVEN in a court of law that these things are actually attributed to the people in charge, is it right to just let them do what they want just so the US looks good??

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    6,643

    Re: Can Anyone Justify THIS?

    Quote Originally Posted by umdkook
    by playing devils advocate, it is quite clear why some people would do these things.

    Is it right for the US to have torture prisons, misleading leaders who tell the people what they want to hear to advance their war agenda, white house affilitated officials leaking top secret information to the public??

    while it may not be PROVEN in a court of law that these things are actually attributed to the people in charge, is it right to just let them do what they want just so the US looks good??

    Not at all, and I have never suggested that we do such a thing.

    What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Having inquiries and hearings to determine if anything inappropriate took place is exactly the right way to proceed when there is questions about what actions our government took and why. But as Americans, don't you think we have a responsibility to our own country and the men and women who are currently fighting for it, to not publicly state as fact, that our government is everything our enemy's propaganda claims it is, until we know the results of such inquiries and hearings?

    To make the unsubstantiated claims that the left has done for going on 3 years now is doing unnecessary damage to the U.S. and giving our enemy's the propaganda that they need to recruit more and more people to KILL OUR SOLDIERS.

    I mean look at the results of the four inquiries into these allegations. The ones done by our people in Washington were bi-partisan and said that the administration didn't manipulate the intelligence. Acting based on 100% pure partisan politics, the democrats continue proclaim that our president did something that just hasn't been proven to be true.

    How in the world can you all actually say your actions are justified?

    How can you all believe that what you are doing is the right thing?

    One of your goals is obvious. You want the president removed from office, but running around telling the world he lied will never accomplish this. All it will do is perpetuate more American hatred throughout the world, while at the same time help our enemy to recruit more people to kill us. The only way you will ever remove Bush from office is from official investigations that turn up hard evidence that the white house did something inappropriate.

    So please explain to me how you can continue to justify your proclamation that Bush lied, when the only benefit from doing so, will be enjoyed by our enemy's?

    .

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    586

    Re: Can Anyone Justify THIS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    You know Dee Dee, this is a good example of what I just don't understand about democrats.

    First, what do O'Reily and Robertson have in common? Give up... Well, neither one of them are politicians, and their words are just opinions from two citizens of this country.

    The reason I point this out is, we have had numerous democratic politicians (people who do represent this country) that get on satellite broadcasted television and say our soldiers that guard enemy prisoners are committing atrocities and compare them to the likes of Stalin, Hitler and Pol Pot. Then there are others that have said in front of the cameras (with our enemies watching) that our president illegally invaded a Muslim dominated country, lied to the people of the world to do it and did so for various selfish reasons including to steal their oil fields. The have said this now for going on 3 years without any hard evidence to substantiate those claims.

    This brings me to what I just don't understand about the democrats. How can you be so disturbed about the words of a religious freak and a person in the political entertainment business, because you think they could possibly be sending the wrong message to the enemy and to the world, when it doesn't seem to bother you people the slightest bit, when the people who do speak for this country say our military is evil and tortures their people, along with saying that our leader is using our military to rob the Muslim world blind, without any evidence to prove their statements?

    I'm serious here. How can you all on the left condone your elected officials telling our enemy's around the world, how evil we are when there hasn't been any trial, conviction, or even any hard evidence to back it up with? To top it off, we have our troops on the ground over there being put at an even greater risk because of this, and you all remain not only silent, but you seemingly encourage this behavior.

    Explain that if you can?

    .

    So Grim,

    If a private citizen (who happens to be an Imam), in an Islamic country, puts out a *fatwa* on President Bush, or a private citizen,( who happens to have a syndicated TV and/or radio show), called for the destruction of a city on their own soil, because they "let the criminals have guns, and they were even "gayer" then France, you are OK with that?

    I know you did not make the cracks about "guns, criminals and gayer," but your point is the same, no?

    The fact that an elected official of this government, says our president led this country into an illegal war, does not, cannot, and will not, be seen as an attack on another country, their cities or leaders. The ability to publicly criticize our leaders, is what makes this country great. Also the ability to do something about it without bloodshed, and social upheaval makes this country the evny of the rest of the world.

    Why do you keep saying "Democrats" and "Liberals?" I am speaking for myself, I cannot and will not speak for others. So put that little bludgeon down, when referring to me.

    DEE DEE, can condone our elected officials testing to validity of a war, that in essence has gain this country nothing but, mistrust, anger. And facilitated, the training of MORE terrorists, now and in the foreseeable future. The president and his administration has made this country LESS safe, not more.

    DeeDee1965

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    586

    Re: Can Anyone Justify THIS?

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulM
    I don't know DeeDee... my first impression is that of a sarcastic, knee-jerk reaction to the vote... designed to provoke a response and to emphasize his displeasure with it. He does have a right to his opinion, which is just what this is.

    The sad thing is that if his words end up prophetic then he'll find himself out of a job faster than s**t through a goose.

    Cheers,
    Paul

    Paul,

    You might be right. But the kind of influence this country has around the world is such, that the calling for assassinations and bombing our own cities, just pushes the envelope, to much for my taste.

    With comments like B.O'Reilly's and P. Robertson's, more then firing is in order, if these things (God forbid) are done.

    DeeDee1965

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,553

    Re: Can Anyone Justify THIS?

    Hi DeeDee,
    I'm sorry I wasn't clear... by 'being out of a job' I meant that he would be lucky to have a paper-route as a career in journalism. He would be ostricized from the viewing and reading public.

    It is pushing the envelope a tad too much for my tastes as well...

    cheers,
    Paul

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,663

    Re: Can Anyone Justify THIS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17

    What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

    So please explain to me how you can continue to justify your proclamation that Bush lied, when the only benefit from doing so, will be enjoyed by our enemy's?

    .

    That's a good question. What DID happen to "innocent until proven guilty"? It is Bush and those like yourself who are America's enemy: Domestic Enemies of The Constitution - Far more dangerous, degenerate and pernicious than any external threat could ever be. The Bush Crime Gang, their goose stepping toadies and ignorant, useful idiots like you are the REALthreat our forefathers warned us about.

    U.S. Citizen Jose Padilla Held By The Bush Crime Gang Without Formal Charges And Due Process
    Last edited by dchristie; 11-14-2005 at 04:03 AM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    6,643

    Re: Can Anyone Justify THIS?

    Dee Dee, there is a big difference between questioning or criticizing our leaders and making unproven accusations.

    Questioning:

    Did the president manipulate the intelligence to gain support for the war in Iraq?


    Criticizing:

    I think the presidents war plan for Iraq sucked. He should have planned it out better.

    Accusing:

    The president lied about the intelligence to lead the country into a war that is for the purpose of stealing Iraq's oil.



    You see Dee Dee, there is a big difference between them, and I support anyone who questions or criticizes the actions of our government. When someone accuses our government of the things the democrats have, without any proof or hard evidence, and to top it off, four investigations have cleared the administration of manipulating the intelligence that led to the war, I have a major problem with that. It is not only unfair, but it hurts this country and makes it more dangerous for our troops fighting on the ground in Iraq.

    Like I have said, what ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

    .

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    586

    Re: Can Anyone Justify THIS?

    Grim,

    I have heard liberal political groups say the President went to Iraq for oil. I do not remember, a legislator, or public offical making this statement. If you please, enlighten me.

    DeeDee1965

Similar Threads

  1. How Do Liberals Justify THIS Policy?
    By pwrone in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-20-2010, 10:15 PM
  2. Do you believe President Bush's actions justify im
    By Phinnly Slash Buster in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-04-2008, 01:07 PM
  3. How do Catholic priest justify being called Father?
    By Born2Serve in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-29-2006, 10:07 AM

Tags for this Thread

Add / Edit Tags
000, actions, administration, advance, advocate, afraid, africa, african, age, agency, agenda, ahmed, aint, allegations, alleged, ambassador, american, another, answer, anyone, are, art, artists, ation, attention, authentic, authors, ava, aware, away, back, bad, based, basically, beats, better, big, bill, bit, blame, boards, bombing, break, british, brun, bunch, but, butts, called, calling, calm, campaign, can, cannot, cards, career, careful, cash, center, chain, challenge, cheap, citizens, claiming, claims, clear, cleared, closed, coming, comments, commit, committing, common, con, connection, consisted, context, continue, country, court, cover, crack, credit, crew, criminals, crumbling, cute, damage, dangerous, day, dea, deal, dean, decided, democratic, democrats, des, designed, desire, destruction, did, didn, difference, doctored, documents, doesn, don, dont, dow, due, dumped, easily, ebook, echoes, elaborate, elected, eme, end, enemy, enter, envelope, essence, event, exclusive, experts, fair, favorite, financial, fla, flat, flying, focus, fooled, forgery, forgot, formal, fra, france, fraudulent, front, future, gain, gas, giuseppe, giving, good, goose, great, greater, grim, ground, groups, guarantee, guess, guns, guy, had, happened, hard, hasn, hear, heard, held, help, hey, hidden, hiding, high, him, his, hopeless, hose, hours, house, howie, ice, idiots, ignorance, ignorant, illegally, ime, important, inc, influence, information, ing, intelligence, inter, investigations, ion, islamic, issue, issues, its, jerk, joe, jose, jour, journalism, julian, just, justify, kind, know, law, leaders, led, less, liberal, liberals, lied, likes, lis, listen, living, log, lol, long, long run, loose, lot, make, makes, making, many, massive, mea, measure, mind, misleading, monkeys, more, most, movie, mystery, need, never, new york times, nice, niger, now, office, officer, official, officials, ones, only, open, opportunity, order, org, original, our, out, page, paper, party, pas, passed, patrick, patriot, payment, peace, people, perle, person, piece, place, planned, plans, play, playing, plenty, point, policies, policy, pos, posts, presiden, pretty, prior, prisoners, private, process, progress, prophetic, prove, proved, proven, provoke, public, pure, question, questions, quickly, quote, raining, rea, reaction, real, reason, reasons, received, recruiting, red, refused, reilly, religious, remains, remember, removed, represent, response, rest, results, retarded, richard, rick, rio, risk, robert, rock, route, run, sad, safe, san, say, scientists, scoop, scu, secret, seem, sen, senate, sending, sensitive, serve, sessions, set, seymour, seymour hersh, shoo, shooting, shouldn, shut, sick, side, silent, sink, soldiers, son, sorry, speak, speaking, special, standard, star, start, state, stated, steal, stealing, stole, stop, story, stupid, subs, such, suck, sucking, suppressed, sure, take, taken, talking, tas, taste, terms, terrible, testing, tex, text, than, the, the new york times, themselves, theory, they, thing, this, thought, thread, threads, throw, til, time, times, ton, top, tor, torture, total, treason, tribute, troops, tune, u.s. government, une, uni, universe, uranium, url, usual, voted, war, warned, wary, watch, watching, well, when, white, white house, will, wilson, wind, wome, won, world, worshipper, worth, write, wrong, years, york, you, your

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •