+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New York City Mayor Bloomburg

In New York, where democrats outnumber republicans 5 to 1, a conservative Republican won a crushing victory, as per usual. You see, when it comes to their OWN protection and leadership, liberals are somewhat more...shall we say--pragmatic about their choices. Now, when it comes to YOUR protection or leadership, well.....that is a bit different.

Also, the fact that this guy is ridiculously wealthy and successful did not seem to hurt him...normally, success is a 'red flag' for dems.

For much, much more on this kind of deception try "Do as I say(not as I do)" available in your local bookstore.
    Last edited by pwrone; 11-12-2005 at 08:57 PM.

Re: New York City Mayor Bloomburg

In Virginia, a Republican stronghold state, a liberal Democrat won a crushing victory. You see, when it comes to their OWN economic welfare and protection, conservative are ...shall we say--waking up.

Also, the fact that swiftboat type ads and the usual Republican dirty tricks didn't sway the voters this time throws up a "red flag" for Karl Rove Republicans.

For much more about the lies and tactics of deception of Republicans try "The Truth with jokes" available in your local bookstore.

You mean those dirty tricks, like cutting our taxes and turning the economy around for the second time in 25 years? Or maybe you're speaking of building up our defenses so we can protect ourselves for the second time in 25 years, because the democrats cut it to pieces and left us weak?

How about you look at what party screams "Voter Fraud" after every election, and then take a look at what party is actually the accused in the vast majority of court cases involving voter fraud.

How about taking a look at what party allows the people to vote for what they think is best for their state, and what party has a habit of forcing their will on the people via judicial decisions.

In the last election, look at how many times John Kerry and the democrats use out right lies to try and defeat George Bush and the republicans (how about those phony draft emails and the draft bill in congress from that idiot democrat from NY) vs what the Bush campaign did.

You want dirty tricks? Well I can list plenty, but I'm afraid it isn't the republicans that have cornered the market in this area, it is the democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    You mean those dirty tricks, like cutting our taxes and turning the economy around for the second time in 25 years? Or maybe you're speaking of building up our defenses so we can protect ourselves for the second time in 25 years, because the democrats cut it to pieces and left us weak? Do you mean like taking the largest surplus in history and turning it into the biggest deficit? Or maybe you mean the implementing of the neo conservative agenda of world dominance through a build up of the world's strongest military force?

How about you look at what party screams "Voter Fraud" after every election, and then take a look at what party is actually the accused in the vast majority of court cases involving voter fraud. You must be talking about the voting situation in Ohio last election.

How about taking a look at what party allows the people to vote for what they think is best for their state, and what party has a habit of forcing their will on the people via judicial decisions.You mean like in the 2000 election where the majority of voters elected Al Gore and the Republican dominated Supreme Court awarded Bush the presidency?

In the last election, look at how many times John Kerry and the democrats use out right lies to try and defeat George Bush and the republicans (how about those phony draft emails and the draft bill in congress from that idiot democrat from NY) vs what the Bush campaign did. What the Bush campaign did? They reached a new low in smearing slime last election.

You want dirty tricks? Well I can list plenty, but I'm afraid it isn't the republicans that have cornered the market in this area, it is the democrats.
    Just a few words......Don't Drink The Kool Aid
    If Virginia is any indication, the vast majority of Americans are finally waking up to the complete incompetence of this psuedo president and his administration. In the words of Bob Dylan, "It's a hard rain's a-gonna fall."

Nobody to date has shown me how this deficit is negatively effecting their lives?

World dominance? What are you smoking? I stated facts, not psychotic conspiracy theories.

Ohio... What court case is it that voter fraud by republicans was proved?

Florida... Sorry, that answer is incorrect. Thank you for playing though.

The republicans followed the law, Gore got the Florida supreme court to change the law after the election, which the U.S. supreme court overturned. You don't change the rules of the game after the game is over, and that is what Gore tried to do. btw, the election laws and the ballots were put in place by the democrats, not the republicans.

So sir, you want to get into a pissing match over smear and dishonesty in the 2004 campaign? Just say the word and I'm there!

Just a few words... Talk is cheap when it can't be backed up.

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    In New York, where democrats outnumber republicans 5 to 1, a conservative Republican won a crushing victory, as per usual. You see, when it comes to their OWN protection and leadership, liberals are somewhat more...shall we say--pragmatic about their choices. Now, when it comes to YOUR protection or leadership, well.....that is a bit different.

Also, the fact that this guy is ridiculously wealthy and successful did not seem to hurt him...normally, success is a 'red flag' for dems.

For much, much more on this kind of deception try "Do as I say(not as I do)" available in your local bookstore.
    Ha..ha..ha....Clearly, you clueless Monkey dim-wits don't know what you're talking about when it comes to anything else, so why should this be any different?

The only resemblance Bloomberg has to a Republican is in the label only. He's about as much of a Republican as "Zig-Zag" Zell Miller is a Democrat.

Bloomberg is a lifelong LIBERAL DEMOCRAT. He simply switched parties in 2001 to run for mayor in the less-crowded Republican field. His views have stayed unwaveringly along liberal lines That's why he got re-elected.

Everybody in New York knows this. But this is true to form for you Monkeys who love to wallow in brazen displays of total and complete ignorance while feigning expertise on issues of which you haven't the foggiest knowledge.
    Last edited by dchristie; 11-13-2005 at 02:04 AM.

Nobody to date has shown me how this deficit is negatively effecting their lives?

World dominance? What are you smoking? I stated facts, not psychotic conspiracy theories.

Ohio... What court case is it that voter fraud by republicans was proved?

Florida... Sorry, that answer is incorrect. Thank you for playing though.

The republicans followed the law, Gore got the Florida supreme court to change the law after the election, which the U.S. supreme court overturned. You don't change the rules of the game after the game is over, and that is what Gore tried to do. btw, the election laws and the ballots were put in place by the democrats, not the republicans.

So sir, you want to get into a pissing match over smear and dishonesty in the 2004 campaign? Just say the word and I'm there!

Just a few words... Talk is cheap when it can't be backed up.

Geez..why do I bother with these Monkey idiots? I guess it's because such staggering and rank ignorance offends me. I can't help it.

Since 2001, the US Federal Government under the custodianship of the Bush Crime Gang and a Republican Congress has continued to run up the largest national debt in American and, in fact, human history. As of now, it stands at over Seven and a half Trillion Dollars. That’s a 7.5 with 11 zeros after it. It looks like this: $7.500,000,000,000. It’s growing faster each day. If you are an American citizen, regardless of your age, your share of the bill at this point is at least $35,000. But this debt is increasing at the rate of about 1.6 billion dollars per day. That’s a 1.6 with 9 zeros. It looks like this: $1.600,000,000.

Still with me? Good.

Meanwhile, the American economy is hemorrhaging revenues. Our trade deficit (the amount of stuff we sell to other countries minus the cost of the stuff we buy) is a negative figure. Actually it’s a humongously negative figure. This past year it was over $490 Billion That’s’ 4.9 with 10 zeros. It looks like this $490,000,000,000

If it were not for the fact that The Japanese, The Chinese and others continue to lend us money and finance the monstrous amounts of debt we are already into them for ( over a trillion dollars at this point - and that doesn’t count the hundreds of billions from other countries ) we would have already seen the sh!t hitting the fan some time ago. We're flat broke. They just haven't made an "official" announcement.

Do you see where this is going? Guess who’s going to get to pay the interest on all this debt? Remember something called The Middle Class? I hope so because, soon, it won't really even exist anymore. And a main reason is because all of that debt will have to be repaid. And it’s coming right out of their pockets in the form of >>>YUP...TAXES AND MORE DEBT. Guess how much the interest was last year. It was over 151 Billion Dollars. That’s 151 with 9 zeros after it. It looks like this :$151,000,000,000. That’s just interest. It didn’t go to really BUY or PAY for anything. We’re just getting started. It gets amusing now.

Do you know what? In just a few years APPROXIMATELY HALF OF ALL GOVERNMENT TAX REVENUES WILL BE EARMARKED SOLELY FOR THE PURPOSE OF PAYING INTEREST ON THE DEBT. Forget schools, roads, defense. Bush and Cheny's quagmire in Iraq and wherever else they are scheming to invade,
    social security, the crumbling infrastructure, law enforcement, hospitals, medical care…FOGEDDABOUDIT.

There may not be much essential difference between Republicans and Democrats, BUT AT LEAST DEMOCRATS PAY FOR THEIR LARGESSES AS THEY GO AND DON’T PUT IT ON A GODDAMN CREDIT CARD. Pretty funny huh? ha ha ha.

One more thing, Einstein...Courts don't make or change law. The Bush Crime Gang and their stooges forced a cessation of the counting procedure. It had nothing to do with "changing" any laws, you moron.
    Last edited by dchristie; 11-13-2005 at 03:17 AM.

I think dchristie pretty much answered your first question. Now let me address the second. The aims and goals of neo cons are layed out in the Project for the New American Century. There is no theory here or charges of conspiracy. They have set it all out there for the world to see. This is there idealology and their plan. They are doing exactly what they said they would do. You, by voting for the moron, are supporting their aims. To deny what they want to do shows that you yourself are the one who must be smoking something. All anyone has to do is access their site and read their plan. What is the Project for the New American Century? In their own words.
    The Project for the New American Century is a non-profit educational organization dedicated to a few fundamental propositions: that American leadership is good both for America and for the world; and that such leadership requires military strength, diplomatic energy and commitment to moral principle.
    Here is a Statement of Principles by the people who are involved in the Project for the New American Century, and who are now the people in power.

June 3, 1997

American foreign and defense policy is adrift. Conservatives have criticized the incoherent policies of the Clinton Administration. They have also resisted isolationist impulses from within their own ranks. But conservatives have not confidently advanced a strategic vision of America's role in the world. They have not set forth guiding principles for American foreign policy. They have allowed differences over tactics to obscure potential agreement on strategic objectives. And they have not fought for a defense budget that would maintain American security and advance American interests in the new century.

We aim to change this. We aim to make the case and rally support for American global leadership.

As the 20th century draws to a close, the United States stands as the world's preeminent power. Having led the West to victory in the Cold War, America faces an opportunity and a challenge: Does the United States have the vision to build upon the achievements of past decades? Does the United States have the resolve to shape a new century favorable to American principles and interests?

We are in danger of squandering the opportunity and failing the challenge. We are living off the capital -- both the military investments and the foreign policy achievements -- built up by past administrations. Cuts in foreign affairs and defense spending, inattention to the tools of statecraft, and inconstant leadership are making it increasingly difficult to sustain American influence around the world. And the promise of short-term commercial benefits threatens to override strategic considerations. As a consequence, we are jeopardizing the nation's ability to meet present threats and to deal with potentially greater challenges that lie ahead.

We seem to have forgotten the essential elements of the Reagan Administration's success: a military that is strong and ready to meet both present and future challenges; a foreign policy that boldly and purposefully promotes American principles abroad; and national leadership that accepts the United States' global responsibilities.

Of course, the United States must be prudent in how it exercises its power. But we cannot safely avoid the responsibilities of global leadership or the costs that are associated with its exercise. America has a vital role in maintaining peace and security in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. If we shirk our responsibilities, we invite challenges to our fundamental interests. The history of the 20th century should have taught us that it is important to shape circumstances before crises emerge, and to meet threats before they become dire. The history of this century should have taught us to embrace the cause of American leadership.

Our aim is to remind Americans of these lessons and to draw their consequences for today. Here are four consequences:

• we need to increase defense spending significantly if we are to carry out our global
    responsibilities today and modernize our armed forces for the future;

• we need to strengthen our ties to democratic allies and to challenge regimes hostile to our interests and values;

• we need to promote the cause of political and economic freedom abroad;

we need to accept responsibility for America's unique role in preserving and extending an international order friendly to our security, our prosperity, and our principles.

Such a Reaganite policy of military strength and moral clarity may not be fashionable today. But it is necessary if the United States is to build on the successes of this past century and to ensure our security and our greatness in the next.

Elliott Abrams Gary Bauer William J. Bennett Jeb Bush

Dick Cheney Eliot A. Cohen Midge Decter Paula Dobriansky Steve Forbes

Aaron Friedberg Francis Fukuyama Frank Gaffney Fred C. Ikle

Donald Kagan Zalmay Khalilzad I. Lewis Libby Norman Podhoretz

Dan Quayle Peter W. Rodman Stephen P. Rosen Henry S. Rowen

Donald Rumsfeld Vin Weber George Weigel Paul Wolfowitz

But in most of the states running elections Democrats won. And in some of those states, the outcomes were big surprises, catching the republicans "with their pants down".

You left out that fact.

Lady Mod

Democrats in US rack up victories

President George Bush's Republicans have fared badly in state and local polls, losing races across the US.
    Gov Arnold Schwarzenegger was defeated on a raft of proposals that would have made sweeping changes in California.

Democrats held onto the governorships of New Jersey and Virginia, where President Bush personally entered the fray to support a Republican candidate.

Only in New York City did a Republican do well, with Mayor Michael Bloomberg winning re-election by a large margin.

The moderate former Democrat recorded the largest margin of victory ever for a Republican in solidly Democratic New York.

He had concentrated his campaign on economic redevelopment projects, particularly the reconstruction of Ground Zero, the site of the destroyed World Trade Center.

Analysts say Mr Bloomberg's main achievement has been to make the running of New York City all about competence, and not class or colour.

A billionaire who founded the Bloomberg financial news service, he spent up to $100m of his own money in his re-election campaign.

Schwarzenegger defeated

California ran an even more expensive campaign - as much as $300m, reports say.

Despite the huge expense, little will change in the Golden State, as voters rejected all eight measures being put to them.

The result is being seen as a huge blow to Gov Schwarzenegger, who campaigned on behalf of four of the eight propositions.

He had proposed capping the state budget, taking the power to draw electoral districts away from politicians, and increasing the length of time teachers had to work before gaining tenure.

The across-the-board rejection of his agenda may reflect voter dissatisfaction with Gov Schwarzenegger, whose popularity has fallen fast since he came to power in a special election two years ago.

Only one in three California voters approves of his performance, polls suggest.

He announced recently he would run for re-election in 2006.

A proposition requiring minors to notify their parents before getting abortions was also defeated. Gov Schwarzenegger did not campaign on behalf of that measure.

Cheer for Democrats

Democrats retained two governorships in expensive, vitriolic races on the other side of the country.

Lt Gov Tim Kaine defeated Republican candidate Jerry Kilgore, despite a last-minute visit to Virginia and personal appeal to voters by President Bush.

Mr Kaine succeeded his boss, Mark Warner, who was forbidden by law from running for a second term. Mr Warner is considered a likely presidential candidate in 2008.

With more than 99% of the votes counted, Mr Kaine had taken almost 52% of the vote compared with Mr Kilgore's 46%.

In New Jersey, Jon Corzine beat his opponent Doug Forrester in a battle between wealthy businessmen who have turned to politics.

Mr Corzine is currently a US senator. As governor, he will appoint his own replacement to complete his term, which ends in 2007.

Politicians had been watching the elections for the two governor posts, to see whether President Bush's unpopularity is damaging his fellow Republicans.

It is thought that the outcome in those states could provide an early indication of voting intentions for next year's mid-term elections.

Democratic Party chairman Howard Dean said voters had reacted against President Bush's party.

Voters "don't like the abuse of power. They don't like the culture of corruption. They want the nation to go in a different way," he said.

While it is still unlikely the Democrats will manage to win back control of Congress in those elections, Tuesday's wins have given them considerable cheer, the BBC's Justin Webb in Washington says.

In other election results across the country:

* Texas banned gay marriage, while Maine refused to repeal a law banning discrimination against homosexuals

* Eight school board members in Pennsylvania who supported an alternative to Darwin's theory of evolution lost their seats to evolution supporters.

So, to summarize...dchristie thinks that Bloomburg governs like a democrat and that explains his victory, despite the fact that Giuliani won similar one-sided victories...Bairdi feels that when a democrat RETAINS his own seat by an almost identical margin as the first time, it is somehow significant(of course, democrats so rarely win anything that it is tempting not to point that out)...and Texas beat down gay marriage just like everywhere else, accurately reflecting the will of the people. San Francisco declared(again) that it is it's own country by outlawing gun ownership--this will become relevant when "youths" take to the streets there...California has decided that it is best for unions to decide what to do with their employees money and that children can sneak around and have abortions--good news for pedophiles everywhere!
    Last edited by pwrone; 11-13-2005 at 08:32 AM.

Actually, the reality is, in Texas, they made it a constitutional amendment to outlaw ANY marriages, gay or straight, that are made in Texas. Gay marriage was already illegal in Texas, they just threw in heterosexual marriages for good measure.

Article I, Texas Constitution, (The Bill of Rights) is amended by adding Section 32 to read as follows:

Sec. 32. (a) Marriage in this state shall consist only of the union of one man and one woman.

(b) This state or a political subdivision of this state may not create or recognize any legal status identical or similar to marriage.

This ought to make it interesting in the divorce courts.

Lady Mod
    Last edited by sojustask; 11-13-2005 at 03:37 PM.

So, to summarize...Bairdi feels that when a democrat RETAINS his own seat by an almost identical margin as the first time, it is somehow significant
    I was originally trying to parrot you to show you the absurdity of your post. I think you have just shown the world your hypocrisy. pwrone feels that when an INCUMBENT republican RETAINS his own seat, it is significant. Beam me up!
    Last edited by bairdi; 11-13-2005 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bairdi
    I was originally trying to parrot you to show you the absurdity of your post. I think you have just shown the world your hypocrisy. pwrone feels that when an INCUMBENT republican RETAINS his own seat, it is significant. Beam me up!

Any place that is 5 to 1 democrat that votes in a Republican, returning or not, deserves recognition. And ice cream. :)

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Actually, the reality is, in Texas, they made it a constitutional amendment to outlaw ANY marriages, gay or straight, that are made in Texas. Gay marriage was already illegal in Texas, they just threw in heterosexual marriages for good measure.

Article I, Texas Constitution, (The Bill of Rights) is amended by adding Section 32 to read as follows:

Sec. 32. (a) Marriage in this state shall consist only of the union of one man and one woman.

(b) This state or a political subdivision of this state may not create or recognize any legal status identical or similar to marriage.

This ought to make it interesting in the divorce courts.

Lady Mod
    Is this not referring to civil unions or the like? It doesn't seem very clear.

Quote Originally Posted by dchristie
    Ha..ha..ha....Clearly, you clueless Monkey dim-wits don't know what you're talking about when it comes to anything else, so why should this be any different?

The only resemblance Bloomberg has to a Republican is in the label only. He's about as much of a Republican as "Zig-Zag" Zell Miller is a Democrat.

Bloomberg is a lifelong LIBERAL DEMOCRAT. He simply switched parties in 2001 to run for mayor in the less-crowded Republican field. His views have stayed unwaveringly along liberal lines That's why he got re-elected.

Everybody in New York knows this. But this is true to form for you Monkeys who love to wallow in brazen displays of total and complete ignorance while feigning expertise on issues of which you haven't the foggiest knowledge.
    Who was it again that Bloomberg endorsed in to '04 Presidential election?
    Oh, that's right.....it was the same guy that Zell Miller voted for. I wouldn't be surprised if Joe Liberman secretly voted for Bush too. I'll start worrying about elections when the Democrats take their party back from the clutches of the extremist leftie fringe. That would be the likes of michaelmooreon.org and crusty.

Quote Originally Posted by bacardi
    Do you mean like taking the largest surplus in history and turning it into the biggest deficit?
    Nobody has been able to show this "surplus". I'm pretty good with numbers and I haven't been able to find it anywhere. I'll be fair and admit a surplus when I can see where it ever existed. This surplus to deficit is a bumper sticker slogan and a lie until it can be proven. I bet most people actually believe it to be true because it's said so often. Please show the proof of this surplus. I've researched it and like I said, it never existed. :cool:
    Last edited by Raider; 11-13-2005 at 08:37 PM.