+ Reply to Thread

profiles international

Has any one heard of Profiles International (Waco, TX)?

Are they ligitimate or not?

Re: profiles international

i never have

If you are referring to the Profiles International that I know of, they create, validate and make commercially available tests for selection.

A team of Ph.D.'s work on the instruments they make available.

The Buros Mental Measurements Yearbook has a review in the works for their ProfilesXT assessment.

I spoke with an executive yesterday that was able to very competently answer my questions regarding reliability and validity.

My dissertation chair would not let me work with one of their assessments if they did not adhere to EEOC guidelines and their methodology for standardization was not sound. It appears as though they have legit assessments. I would recommend using their assessments for selection purposes because the validity coefficient of .82 or above that they work with is better than adequate/good.
    InternetExpert, M.S.
    Doctoral Candidate
    Organizational Psychology, Ph.D. Program
    **Confidential** University

Quote Originally Posted by okcman222 View Post

I used to work for them, but I would stay away from Profiles. They do sell legitimate assessments. They claim that they find the right person for every job, but they have an unbelievably high turnover rate within their own company. Look that up. How can that be good for assessing other companies?

Plus I think most of the people who work there are probably racist. I heard sooo many n-bombs dropped by my coworkers when I was there it disgusted me.
    Last edited by Lankster28; 02-21-2011 at 12:49 AM.

I am a representative of Profiles International. We have been in business for over 20 years, have over 150 full time employees, and own and occupy an entire office park. We have helped thousands of clients and hundreds of business partners who re-sell our assessments in support of their consulting, training, coaching and recruiting activities. We uphold very high standards of integrity and have earned an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. I invite anyone who is interested in learning more about our company, either as a client or a partner, to personally tour our facilities and meet our team.

Yes they are. Have been in business for probably 20 years, providing various personnel assessments. Very valuable tools for hiring and other applications

7. 05-16-2011, 12:54 AM

A check with the Better Business Bureau (http://www.bbb.org/central-texas/bus...-waco-tx-35414) reveals that Profiles International does a bang-up job at what they do.

As a member of HR organizations for over ten years, I have used Profiles International extensively, and have never encountered anyone that exhibited a hint of unprofessionism.

Inasmuch that there are no corroborating complaints of prejudicial behavior or comments by other, I'd be inclined to think that this posting and the allegations contained within are merely the isolated and unfounded ramblings of a disgruntled ex-employee.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Lankster28 View Post
    I used to work for them, but I would stay away from Profiles. They do sell legitimate assessments. They claim that they find the right person for every job, but they have an unbelievably high turnover rate within their own company. Look that up. How can that be good for assessing other companies?

Plus I think most of the people who work there are probably racist. I heard sooo many n-bombs dropped by my coworkers when I was there it disgusted me.

There is no much information about the company. I have been checking it around but people have no much idea about it.

Quote Originally Posted by okcman222 View Post

Yes, I have been a Strategic Business Partner of Profiles International since 11-1-1992.