+ Reply to Thread

trump the sly devil

WHO KNEW!! well i suppose everyone except his gullible supporters!! they dont care WHAT kind of man he is, just that he FIXES their PET PEEVE/FEAR!? and does it NOW!! pull the trigger FAST!! ask questions later!?

Or as George Orwell said: “The very concept of objective truth is fading out of the world. Lies will pass into history.” Mr. Trump and company seem to be betting that much of the electorate will not care if the president tells demonstrable lies, and will pick and choose whatever “alternative facts” confirm their views.
    Last edited by lexx; 02-04-2017 at 09:24 PM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Re: trump the sly devil

"its all about ME!! look how great i am!!" There’s no topic that Trump can’t bring back around to himself, no cause as compelling as his own. And while I and many others have examined his outsize egomania before, its migration into his administration can’t be noted too often or overstated.

This isn’t just some random brush stroke in his portrait. It’s his primary color. It’s everything. It drives policy. It warps diplomacy. And it badly hobbles his leadership, because you can’t inspire others if nearly all of your energy goes so transparently and unabashedly into inflating yourself. At the least you have to do a pantomime of altruism and self-effacement. Trump seldom even tries.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Trump’s analysis of people and situations hinges on whether they exalt him. A news organization that challenges him is inevitably “failing.” A politician who pushes back at him is invariably a loser. Middle-school cliques have more moral discernment.

He railed against executive orders until they were his. He denounced the coziness between politicians and Wall Street until he was doing the snuggling. He cried foul at presidential getaways that cost the taxpayers millions until Mar-a-Lago beckoned.

During the campaign he demonstrated no special concern for free speech, advocating looser libel laws and barring certain news organizations from events. But he took to Twitter on Thursday to register fury over the University of California at Berkeley’s cancellation of an appearance by the far-right provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos.

Could this be explained by Yiannopoulos’s affiliation with Breitbart News and professed lust for Trump? (“I call myself a Trump-sexual,” Yiannopoulos once said.) I somehow doubt that Trump would have threatened “NO FEDERAL FUNDS” for Berkeley if the school had nixed Sarah Silverman.

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    During the campaign he demonstrated no special concern for free speech, advocating looser libel laws and barring certain news organizations from events. But he took to Twitter on Thursday to register fury over the University of California at Berkeley’s cancellation of an appearance by the far-right provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos.
    During his campaign, he said he would put Hillary in jail. I'm disappointed that he didn't keep that promise. What a sly guy..
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    During his campaign, he said he would put Hillary in jail. I'm disappointed that he didn't keep that promise. What a sly guy..
    i suppose that makes him a LIAR but i guess we have to wait til his time is over to make that claim!!