+ Reply to Thread

Thread: payback time

payback time

Hello fellow victims,
    I was just idly looking over some of the truly incredible stories told in the Internet Scam threads (no doubt all the others are just as evocative) and I gradually felt my Scottish good sense start to be pushed aside by the atavistic reactions of another ancestral group, the Berserkers, who were feared even by their fellow Vikings. I think I was most affected by those who were swindled by MyHeritage; these people are clearly harmless, well-meaning and want only to discover more about their ancestry, yet vultures lurk waiting to rob them too.
    How much longer must we endure this? Internet communlcation of all varieties should be the great positive breakthrough of our era, a place of blissful cryptocurrency trading and investing. Instead it has become a misinformation highway and a playground for scammers and swindlers of every description. Even the Dark Web has become a den of hired killers and narco-thieves. I have personally been swindled by six different "websites" and many others have had far worse experiences. Although the honest website users are learning to spot scammers, the scammers themselves are also getting better at what they do. Unless something is done, cryptocommerce is almost certainly doomed,as good people will simply cease to use it.
    While I don't recommend hunting down the scammers and putting their heads on pikes-as my Berserker ancestors liked to do - there must be some other way of dealing with this mess. I propose that everybody pool their ideas and try to come up with surefire ways of spotting scammers, ways of getting our money back, ways of keeping them off the Web altogether.
    And if none of that works, then we can get out our broadswords and hunt the creeps down.
    Best Wishes, Mjolnar

Re: payback time

Sounds sounds like a good plan.

Cheers. T.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnar View Post
    Hello fellow victims,
    I was just idly looking over some of the truly incredible stories told in the Internet Scam threads (no doubt all the others are just as evocative) and I gradually felt my Scottishf good sense start to be pushed aside by the atavistic reactions of another ancestral group, the Berserkers, who were feared even by their fellow Vikings. I think I was most affected by those who were swindled by MyHeritage; these people are clearly harmless, well-meaning and want only to discover more about their ancestry, yet vultures lurk waiting to rob them too.
    How much longer must we endure this? Internet communlcation of all varieties should be the great positive breakthrough of our era, a place of blissful cryptocurrency trading and investing. Instead it has become a misinformation highway and a playground for scammers and swindlers of every description. Even the Dark Web has become a den of hired killers and narco-thieves. I have personally been swindled by six different "websites" and many others have had far worse experiences. Although the honest website users are learning to spot scammers, the scammers themselves are also getting better at what they do. Unless something is done, cryptocommerce is almost certainly doomed,as good people will simply cease to use it.
    While I don't recommend hunting down the scammers and putting their heads on pikes-as my Berserker ancestors liked to do - there must be some other way of dealing with this mess. I propose that everybody pool their ideas and try to come up with surefire ways of spotting scammers, ways of getting our money back, ways of keeping them off the Web altogether.
    And if none of that works, then we can get out our broadswords and hunt the creeps down.
    Best Wishes, Mjolnar
    my-buzz.com (tudogz)

Re: payback time

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnar View Post
    Hello fellow victims,
    I was just idly looking over some of the truly incredible stories told in the Internet Scam threads (no doubt all the others are just as evocative) and I gradually felt my Scottish good sense start to be pushed aside by the atavistic reactions of another ancestral group, the Berserkers, who were feared even by their fellow Vikings. I think I was most affected by those who were swindled by MyHeritage; these people are clearly harmless, well-meaning and want only to discover more about their ancestry, yet vultures lurk waiting to rob them too.
    Best Wishes, Mjolnar

Scam baiting is a whole lot more fun!