+ Reply to Thread

Another bitcoin scam

Hello all,
    Has anyone ever heard of an outfit called Bitcoin Generator Hack? They suddenly pop up on your screen while you're doing something else and claim they've found some bug or flaw or something (I'm a technosaur) in conventional bitcoin generation and this is your one and only chance to collect bitcoins - which are in fact getting more valuable by the day. Then after you've requested the number you want they tell you about the "miners' fee" which you must pay before you get the BTCs. And of course they have lavish testimonials from grateful clients. Anybody had experience or got a clue? Thanks.
    Mjolnar

Re: Another bitcoin scam

I'd be thinking that anything that pops up unannounced would most probably be a scam.

Stay safe. T.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnar View Post
    Hello all,
    Has anyone ever heard of an outfit called Bitcoin Generator Hack? They suddenly pop up on your screen while you're doing something else and claim they've found some bug or flaw or something (I'm a technosaur) in conventional bitcoin generation and this is your one and only chance to collect bitcoins - which are in fact getting more valuable by the day. Then after you've requested the number you want they tell you about the "miners' fee" which you must pay before you get the BTCs. And of course they have lavish testimonials from grateful clients. Anybody had experience or got a clue? Thanks.
    Mjolnar
    my-buzz.com (tudogz)

What is the website connected to the pop-up or the link that shows in the address bar when you clicked on it?
    Deduction my ass... I need proof!

Sound too good to be true?

Probably is!
    my-buzz.com (tudogz)

Hi Sherlock,
    I think it was the pop-up but there is a website, neither of which I've seen recently so I assume it was one of those fly-by-night scams. Do you think there are ANY totally honest sites of this kind out there? I'd really like to know.
    Mjolnar

Tudogz, you are correct. It's too good to be true but hope springs eternal that maybe you've found the only one that isn't.