+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vormetric Soft, Inc.

Has anyone had a job offer from vormetricsoft? They say they are selling software in the states (based in France) and need people to cash checks for them. The payments are sent to your address, you keep 10% then send them the rest within 48 hours.

Sound familiar at all?

Re: Vormetric Soft, Inc.

I just received the same job offer, i stil have not signed the contract yet, what do you know about it?

SCAM!, you can even get fraud charges for it, you cash the check, send them 90%, the check doesn't clear, you have to pay the bank back... DO NOT DO IT! there are many of these types of scams out there!

Quote Originally Posted by tjwor
    SCAM!, you can even get fraud charges for it, you cash the check, send them 90%, the check doesn't clear, you have to pay the bank back... DO NOT DO IT! there are many of these types of scams out there!
    That is exactly the first thing I thought of. They sent me an email saying there were 2 checks on the way, but I have not seen them. How could I get charged with fraud, though? Are they laundering money, never supplying the materials they are marketing, or what? What if I cashed the checks/money orders but never sent them the money until I was sure it cleared? Have you heard of them? Worked with them?
    It never ceases to amaze me how I just can't accept that if it seems too good to be true...it is! Ugh! One day I'll learn.

If you're getting cashiers checks how can you be responsible? Are you sure this is a scam?

There is no need for a French company selling in the US to have someone in the US cashing cheques for them. Bank relationships and financial interconnections between the two states are so good that in France they would cash you a US checue without problems. This is why it is a scam, in first instance.
    Second of all, what is the company that would work in such a way giving away 10% in commissions to a stranger for cashing the sale of a software?? There is the florist in Bejing taking orders from the guy in Cape Town with no problems, today...how a legit company from France would have problems to get the money for the software they sell to the guy in the US, directly?
    Third of all, it is a very well known type of scam: the cheques they send you to cash are coming from illegal activities; you cash it, send them 90% and they get clean money, while you have keep the dirty one and the evidence of it: it is called money laundering...
    Don't fall for it.

Thanks for the Info.

Has anyone else heard of vormetric soft?

I have just tried it. They sent me a Money for $3500. I have not been told were to wire the money. I will not wire the money until the money order clears.

BRYBRY, you put yourself in a dangerous game. It's called money laundering and you are the main actor. I warmly suggest you to report this to the police until you are still in time. Up to you of course...i just felt to tell you this.

But what would happen if I don't have a bank account and I go to cash the check or the money order?

RAGG, it is still illegal. Money laundering is money laundering, no matter how you cash the cheque.

HEY I ALMOST JUST GOT ARRESTED LIKE FIVE MIN.S AGO DO NOT TRY TO CASH THESE MONEY ORDERS THEY WILL CALL THE POLICE!!!!!!!!! :eek:

:mad: Do not I repeat do not fall for this crap. They almost got me. This is a scam. The first cashiers check I received was $4000. They had explicit instructions on how to wire the money by breaking it up into smaller amounts. Well I didn't do that and they couldn't pick up the money. I spoke with Western Union and luckily they sent all the money back to me so I could redeposit into my bank account. I'm glad they did the check was just returned. If I had sent the money on I would have been out $4000 and my account frozen. DON'T DO THIS. IT'S A SCAM

hey i called thee FBI and they said that it would not clear. So i called the bank that issued it and they said it was a real money order.But there was something wrong. The money order went from Utah to Tronto and now they want me to western union back to Tronto. Plus the UPS package was sent to Michigan State University, and it said it had transcripts in it. I did not Western Union the money I will put it back into My bank account. thank you for your storys. I want to here more on what the police said. the FBI just laughed and said that the money would not clear. But it did so far???????

BRYBRY, it is a scam and you all have been told already, but keep trying these things just because it sounds like easy money. Sometimes it would be better to follow other people advices, rather then pour crock tears. It is a scam and can lead to serious legal consequences, in fact you are involved into money laundering.