+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Malibu Camera

Malibu Camera

I ordered a new lens from these folks for $569.00 and they called and said that the lens I ordered was a Europe model with a plastic mount and if I wanted a US model with the metal mount it would cost me $130 more ($699.00). I told them to send the US model and they said they would expedite shipping however after waiting 7 days I had not received the lens. I called them and they said it was being shipped directly from Canon - they said nothing about expedited shipping but offered me a $20.00 rebate for my patience. I think this is false advertising and have contacted the district attorney and filed a complaint as there web site said nothing about a Europe model vs a US model. After calling them several times to request shipping information they gave me a phony tracking number and at that point I said to cancel my order and they responded by hanging up.

Re: Malibu Camera

They do not appear on the most recent list of Canon Authorized Dealer's (Listing date 28OCT2016).

http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-10-28.pdf

There is also already a thread about them here at Scam.com started last AUG.;
    scam.com/showthread.php?710653-Www-malibucameras-com
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

Re: Malibu Camera

should have done my homework before I ordered. I filed a complaint the the LA district attorneys office.