+ Reply to Thread

Scam warning- verdane capital freelance work

Hi guys,

so iv just had my eyes opened to the world of been scamed. I was offered a job, of course I was sceptical and spent a week researching everything I could about this company and tried to crosslink it with scams to see if there was anything online and nothing so I went ahead (yes stupid me) and signed contracts, and sent personal details including a scan of my passport, my tax file number and my bank account, yes im totally freaking out right now :( so I was skeptical to begin with and opened a different bank account so I rang and closed that so no dramas there hopefully, its was 8pm when I found out and cant contact my police station or the passport office to report this, I have filed a report with acorn and another scam report site. The scam is freelance work as an assistant financial controller for verdane capital an international company, the position was to work from home and then go to there offices in brisbane and Sydney. please becareful of this guys..any help would be much appreciated

Re: Scam warning- verdane capital freelance work

Hi, wondering how did you find it a scam?
    Did they take money or what?
    I've been researching about the company too, I've seen the ad for the job and they sent me an email with same job description as yours.
    Please let me know.

Hi, I actually contacted verdane capital head office in Europe and was told it is a scam and she told me Norwegian and Australian police have been made aware. Please don't give them any details apparently they are part of an illegal drug mule recruitment.. this is all new to me so I think it's illegal money laundering

Ohh shit!
    No I haven't just a resume I sent by email.
    That sounds serious, I also was very curious and researching.. I knew there must be something up with this offer. Becuase no Interview, just plain here that's ur job!
    But thanks for the information, hopefully everyone else reads this and finds out that Verdane Capital is a scam!!

I'm sorry what happened to you! Hope your ok and don't stress, as long as everything is ok now.

Well I'm really glad to have got to warn you 😊 I hope you have good luck with your job search.

Hi Folks,

Any serious truely based company anywhere in the universe does never ever use only the virtual net which hides their real identity.

So , in every online business you'd better principally look always for the solid facts and physical addresses where you could visit the employer first of all.

Here are some tips on how to recognize a scam so that you won't be a victim. The first thing you need to remember is that old saying, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

Don't rely on gossip boards or he said she said unreliable information. Get the facts!

The internet is full of good things but it is easy for anyone to post what might seem to be good advice or information that is false or misleading. The fact is, you can get bad advice and miss information from many sites on the internet. Many times these sites are self serving sites with an ulterior motive. If you are making a decision as important as working at home, what company to work with, what products or services are out there, or who and what is legitimate go to reputable and verifiable business organizations to get your fact right!

Resources for checking out a company:

• The local government consumer affairs office and Better Business Bureau in your area. They can inform you if complaints have been lodged against the company you're dealing with.
    • Your State Attorney General's Office or the Attorney General's Office in the state where the company is located.
    • The local postmaster. The U.S. Postal Service investigates fraudulent mail practices.
    • Report your experience to the advertising office of the publication, radio or television station that ran the ad you answered.
    • The Federal Trade Commission (FTC). It cannot help resolve individual disputes, but it can take action if there is evidence of a pattern of deceptive or unfair practices. To register a complaint, write to Correspondence Branch, FTC, Washington, D.C. 20580; or call (202) 326-2222.
    • The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Check to see if a company is a member.
    • The National Fraud Information Center. To get updates on the latest frauds, scams, or to report a fraud (or suspected fraud), write to The National Fraud Information Center, P.O. Box 65868, Washington, D.C. 20035, (800) 876-7060.
    • The Better Business Bureau. Check their site for tips and local offices in your area.
    • Googling Scam Report Sites that post Internet scams and viruses.
    • Direct Selling Association Find out how long a business has been around and who they are.
    • ScamBusters lists all kinds of scams, including urban legends and area code frauds.

Chambers of Commerce, home-based business groups, the U.S. Small Business Administration's small business development and women's business development centers, all can help you get the information you'll need to start a successful (and legitimate) venture of your own!

Keep your eyes always wide awake while surfing among the ruthless scammers in the darkness of the w.w.w. !

All the best,
    MaGnAcArTa

Hi guys Thanks for your information.
    This happened to me too. Lucky i haven't thrown all my personal details to this scams as I have been researching this company as much as I can. And I thought this could be a scam because I found out that legal informations are missing out in in the employment contract and employees details.
    So , that's how I started to believe this is a scam job advertisement.
    As soon as I read your message i am totally freaking out .
    Please be very careful to the job hunting online.
    First, check their contact numbers and abn and the company website andaddresses.
    If you have already being ask you to complete employment forms, check out every employer obligations and employees entitlement . This is where I started to worry about job scam.
    Please be warned to everyone.

Hi danii2626.. I have also been an unfortunate target of this scam.. I was offered the same position (Asst Financial Controller) and have shared all my personal details like passport, TFN, bank account and BSB. I just realised today that this is a scam when they told me to transfer money to their 'CLIENTS' through my personal account. I am not sure what to do next. Please help me as I am freaking out. Could they use the above details somewhere wrongly?

Awaiting your response. I can hear my heartbeats I am freaking out that much :(

Quote Originally Posted by Jeenal Badani View Post
    Hi danii2626.. I have also been an unfortunate target of this scam.. I was offered the same position (Asst Financial Controller) and have shared all my personal details like passport, TFN, bank account and BSB. I just realised today that this is a scam when they told me to transfer money to their 'CLIENTS' through my personal account. I am not sure what to do next. Please help me as I am freaking out. Could they use the above details somewhere wrongly?

Awaiting your response. I can hear my heartbeats I am freaking out that much :(
    I too am in the same position as you, they are waiting for me to confirm an amount from coinjar so I can transfer funds, whom is it your in contact with on Skype? I feel as though it's a robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Another scam2017 View Post
    I too am in the same position as you, they are waiting for me to confirm an amount from coinjar so I can transfer funds, whom is it your in contact with on Skype? I feel as though it's a robot.
    Hey..There are these two people ,, Amelia Cooper and Camilla Perkins.. They are all fake of course.. I am pretty sure you have some other names in contact!! What have you done about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeenal Badani View Post
    Hey..There are these two people ,, Amelia Cooper and Camilla Perkins.. They are all fake of course.. I am pretty sure you have some other names in contact!! What have you done about this?
    Exactly whom I have as contacts I have told 'Amelia Cooper' I believe it's a scam as there is no interpersonal contact and until I hear from Northern Europe I will put the position on hold (please how many people are they employing for this role) if it was legitimate!!!!

Definitely a scam, Sweden got back too me mentioning since may 2016 they have had individuals contact them. Sweden has now requested copies of my Skype messages.
    Go figure Amelia Cooper rung me today she certainly did not sound Anglo Saxon, I didn't realise Asians carried the name cooper.
    STAY AWAY!!!

Hi,

I worked for Verdane Capital for 1 month. They took all my personal evidences like passport, bank account TFN etc. At the end of January 17 when I asked them for salary, they told they will transfer some money for their client to my bank account and I have to transfer it to their client. They tried to transfer money in my ANZ account multiple times, but luckily it was observed by ANZ that the sender is fake and so they closed my account within 15 days giving me a notice to withdraw the amount I was having in that account. But I did not inform the Verdane Capital guy about this, instead I asked for my salary. Then he told to send them some $50-$120 just to check whether I have a valid account or not and they will reverse the amount along with my salary. I straightway refused him. From the next day, I logged out from my Skype account and stopped interacting with him. The bank has suggested me to open a new account as this is a scam.

I am sure the skype account is also fake but the name of that guy appeared there is : Darri Andersson.

It seems I am the most unfortunate person in this regard, however, please be very careful while sharing your personal data with any such frauds.