+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Watson

Watson

you know...i really enjoyed the modern british tv series of sherlock holmes with BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH!! and the role of WATSON was also quite interesting!! but on with my real reason for this POST!! the invention and progression by IBM of the artificial intelligence that defeated the worlds best HUMAN chess players!! and defeated the best human TRIVIA game show players!? code named WATSON!! why not named SHERLOCK may be the NATURAL QUESTION if 1 has the PRESENCE of mind to ask it!? i also watched an episode of CHARLIE ROSE on PBS where WATSON was taken apart so to speak and as to how it was CREATED and the REASONING behind its development! and to cut to the chase it was said it(the computer program) was given COMPLETE freedom to LEARN!!! while being FED all the available information for COMPARISON and DEDUCTION! of course a COMPUTER if given enough MEMORY and PROCESSING POWER can OUTPERFORM the human BRAIN trying to ACCOMPLISH the same TASKS! although the REASON is NOT that the human brain lacks the POWER so to speak, what it lacks is enough INFORMATION and the WILL to accept it! at least in the current PRIVATE economic and social programming and selection process for such traits!? that leaves the INDEPENDENT person who determines to LEARN on their OWN from as many SOURCES as possible not driven souly by ECONOMIC benefit a RARE OCCURRENCE!? simply from the point of ODDS you might say!? for where in the SCHEME of ordinary LIFE/LIVING is any POSITIVE INCENTIVE to such a GOAL!? and on the other hand, what is the REWARD!? but back to WATSON both the PROGRAM and the PORTRAYED PERSON! is there a DIFFERENCE!? certainly in the original VERSION of the holmes story the differnece in character of holmes and watson is apparent!? watson maintains his ordinary sense while holmes expresses his exceptional sense!? the twain never seem to meet so to speak!? but in the newer version while watson maintains his ordinary senses he also finds admiration and respect for the abilities of holmes! the question might be, how can WATSON become HOLMES!? and maybe the IBM experiment in artificial intelligence has at least PARTLY answered this question if it was ever ASKED intentionally or accidentally!? in any regard as a SAID it is BASED on having ACCESS to enough information AND the WILL to absorb it/reason with it!? and STILL there is ANOTHER choice to be made.....to use said KNOWLEDGE for good or evil!? is HOLMES naturally GOOD and that is the reason for his BETTER KNOWLEDGE!? then how do we explain MORIARITY!? holmes ARCH ENEMY!? and now we may understand the reason for WATSON being named as the artificial intelligence that functions on a plethora of information VS another SOURCE of KNOWLEDGE not ac-cumulatively STORED in nature BUT INTERNALLY accessible by MANKIND!? while normal LEARNING is concerned with MEMORIZATION of mental thinking patterns and practical physical behavior understanding of the material life/living the other IMPORTANCE is known as MORALITY as understood to be relative to the will of all mankind while also AIMED to IMPROVE upon this known area of possible DEFECTIVE mental reasoning!? the purpose of the artificial intelligence is to find the best possible known correct answer to a problem in the shortest possible time! drawing on as much known knowledge from as many sources as possible while comparing the outcomes by deduction! where any moral element comes into play must depend on the total persuasion factor inherent in that information!? and that factor is by normal standards regarded as SUCCESS!? so watson represents the human that is possibly elevated to higher purposes thru success thru knowledge that is TRUE and COMPLETE!? and further demonstrating that with ALL knowledge available to make considerations cannot find for any other PURPOSE except success and moral correctness!! and as i stated before, has so far outperformed its human opponents!? as far now we could say.......
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Re: Watson

hate them all. the bbc, the bbc when hes old, the lucy liu one. so badly written and scripted.

Criminal Minds and Blue Bloods. Watch first season of the Mentalist

cant get with criminal minds but blue bloods is ok. have not seen mentalist. saw 'rosewood' and was surprised!
    Last edited by lexx; 12-06-2016 at 02:39 AM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

on the same note what about the coming WORLDS of virtual reality!? the IMMERSION EFFECT for total believably!? HOW DANGEROUS can THAT BE!? will it end up DESTROYING mankind/earth!? i recall the old sci-fi movie forbidden planet!!