+ Reply to Thread

Three Years In Prison For Distributing The Bible...

...liberals impressed!
    -__________________________________________________ __________

Chinese get prison time for Bible delivery
    By Julia Duin
    THE WASHINGTON TIMES
    November 9, 2005

Religious persecution in China has reached the point that distributing Bibles is earning a three-year prison sentence.
    Cai Zhuohua, 34, a Beijing underground church leader, was sentenced yesterday to three years in prison for distributing Bibles and other Christian materials.
    His wife, Xiao Yunfei, got two years, and her brother Xiao Gaowen was sentenced to 18 months by the Haidian Lower People's Court in Beijing.
    They were arrested September 2004, said the China Aid Association of Midland, Texas. They were accused of distributing 200,000 Bibles and other materials as part of an unregistered house church Mr. Cai oversaw for 10 years.
    It is the latest in a long string of escalating arrests and harassment Chinese Christians have undergone in recent years.
    "This is not an acceptable result," said China Aid President Bob Fu. "We urge President Bush to use his upcoming visit to China to address this serious religious-persecution case."
    Mr. Bush will meet with leaders in Beijing during a Nov. 19-21 visit.
    "You bet when the president goes to Asia next week, he will continue to talk about the importance of promoting human rights and human dignity for all," White House spokesman Scott McClellan said yesterday.
    In a round-table interview yesterday with Asian journalists, Mr. Bush said he "will continue to remind President Hu [Jintao] about, for example, my personal faith and the belief that people should be allowed to worship freely.
    "A vibrant, whole society is one that recognizes that certain freedoms are inherent and need to be part of a complete society," Mr. Bush said of the message he would give China's communist leaders.
    Mr. Bush meets today with the Dalai Lama. The 70-year-old Tibetan religious leader, in town for several conferences about meditation and neuroscience, slammed his native country at a press conference yesterday for "very, very repressive" policies.
    Other religious groups claim persecution similar to that suffered by the Tibetan Buddhists represented by the Dalai Lama.

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20...2418-9246r.htm

__________________________________________________ ______________
    The left can't comment on this...you see, their hatred of the President is balanced by the respect the Dalai Lama commands. In other words, their normal instinct to body-lick the Chinese dictator is (almost) offset by their
    kum-ba-ya.

Re: Three Years In Prison For Distributing The Bible...

kill those who disagree with you by force,then sell the rest of em bibles!sounds like a plan!!go jesus!!we can count on you "brother" POO cant we!?!amen!!and amen!! :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    kill those who disagree with you by force,then sell the rest of em bibles!sounds like a plan!!go jesus!!we can count on you "brother" POO cant we!?!amen!!and amen!! :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

So, you are against 'freedom of religion'...I'll add it to the list.

umdkook Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    what are you a damn jackass?

yea liberlas have a lot to do with the Chinese government handing out prison sentences to Bible hander outers. if you lived in China, and you distribute the bible, you go to jail. pretty cut and dry.

in the US, if you smoke pot, you go to jail. its an act that is known to be illegal, and if you do it and get caught, u pay for it. im sure this person knew the penalty, but wanted to take a stand for some stupid reason.

to say liberals has ANYTHING to do with this is such nonsense, and no i dont beleive in freedom in religion in a COMMUNIST country----retard.
    Last edited by umdkook; 11-10-2005 at 07:41 AM.

Hmmm... last I heard the Dalai Lama was still in exile from Tibet.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalai_Lama

"...Starting with the 5th Dalai Lama, until the 14th Dalai Lama's exile in 1959, the Dalai Lamas resided in Lhasa in the Potala Palace during winter and in the Norbulingka residence during summer. Since 1959, the Dalai Lama has resided in Dharamsala in Northern India, and the Tibetan Government in Exile has its headquarters there."

cheers,
    Paul
    Last edited by PaulM; 11-10-2005 at 07:40 AM.

i'm makin a list,and checkin it TWICE!!...who's been naughty :eek: and who's been nice :D SANTA POO is comin...ta town!!jingle! jingle! :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by umdkook
    what are you a damn jackass?

yea liberlas have a lot to do with the Chinese government handing out prison sentences to Bible hander outers. if you lived in China, and you distribute the bible, you go to jail. pretty cut and dry.

in the US, if you smoke pot, you go to jail. its an act that is known to be illegal, and if you do it and get caught, u pay for it. im sure this person knew the penalty, but wanted to take a stand for some stupid reason.

to say liberals has ANYTHING to do with this is such nonsense, and no i dont beleive in freedom in religion in a COMMUNIST country----retard.

I'll be sure to post every attack on organized religion, particularly Christianity, that I find. The abolition of any public display of Christianity(the founding religion of our country and the religion of 77% of our residents)is one of the cornerstones of the agenda. You didn't get the memo? You were "out" that day? Or "the news " just ain't your bag?

I see it as working both ways though. By not allowing Christianity to be publicly worshipped and endorsed by the government, they're stopping people from being discriminated against for their beliefs and the acts of violence or repercussion of such discrimination.

Muslims in France anyone? You can't deny that people are discriminated against in the workplace, and other aspects of life in America due to the color of their skin or their beliefs. It's just not as public or all over the news.

Quote Originally Posted by idshadow
    I see it as working both ways though. By not allowing Christianity to be publicly worshipped and endorsed by the government, they're stopping people from being discriminated against for their beliefs and the acts of violence or repercussion of such discrimination.

Muslims in France anyone? You can't deny that people are discriminated against in the workplace, and other aspects of life in America due to the color of their skin or their beliefs. It's just not as public or all over the news.

It does for certain and in a perfect world it never would. But, think about this. Lets put ourselves into the situation. Lets say you moved. for whatever reason , to another country. Would you try to learn the language? I would. That would be my first order of business, as it is for 95% of the latinos that come here. Would you try to figure out what your skills were and try to fit them into the needs of employers? I would. Would you do what was necessary to improve your skills so that you would be more valuable to employers and be paid accordingly? I would. Would you show respect for the customs and people of your new home? I would.

Now, If you are an employer, would you hire someone who had done, or attempted to do, none of these things? And would you make a special attempt to hire rioters, now?

umdkook Guest

what?????????

It does for certain and in a perfect world it never would. But, think about this. Lets put ourselves into the situation. Lets say you moved. for whatever reason , to another country. Would you try to learn the language? I would. That would be my first order of business, as it is for 95% of the latinos that come here. Would you try to figure out what your skills were and try to fit them into the needs of employers? I would. Would you do what was necessary to improve your skills so that you would be more valuable to employers and be paid accordingly? I would. Would you show respect for the customs and people of your new home? I would.

Now, If you are an employer, would you hire someone who had done, or attempted to do, none of these things? And would you make a special attempt to hire rioters, now?
    so what is this!?! a biblical leson on how to be a suckup by an autoritarian figure(terminator)!?!no nice mr.guy!?!DO I SMELL a CONFLICT OF INTEREST!!carry on soldier!!yessir mr.run my life!!they burned witrches at the stake didn't they!?have no fear!!your future is clear!?.......RUN!! run and hide now!!before it is too late!!the french revolution is coming to a place near you!!viva la frenchy!!viva las vegas!!hehe!!:p :D :rolleyes: